Humboldt @ Jackson Christian

TWizzy551

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Epperson plays and plays like he did pre-injury then Humboldt will win but not by much. If he doesn’t then Humboldt may struggle offensively. Humboldt's coaching isn't the greatest and defensive secondary is probably the weakest part of their team. That dosent go well with a pass happy team like JCS. Without Epperson it may be a long night for the Vikings.

If Epperson plays and plays like he did pre-injury then Humboldt will win but not by much. If he doesn?t then Humboldt may struggle offensively. Humboldt's coaching isn't the greatest and defensive secondary is probably the weakest part of their team. That dosent go well with a pass happy team like JCS. Without Epperson it may be a long night for the Vikings.

Let's hope so BulldawgDynasty. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I'm thinking that Epperson's play will be limited because of the injury... but I'm also thinking that this is a big game for Humboldt. Since they have 2 region losses now? (Milan, Trenton?). They might need him. Who knows.. we will see on Friday night.

Here's what I'm thinking on this one. JCS pulls it off due to better play calling. I'm looking for JCS to pick the Viking's defense apart, and the defense to step up. Also, JCS has the homefield advantage here. And if anyone has noticed, JCS fans know how to bring it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Just ask Trinity. My prediction 14-7, JCS.

I sure hope I'm right. Don't want to mess up my prediction record /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think it really comes down to some keys of the game...

JCS has to step it up on defense and Hudson needs to have a big night in the air...

Humboldt needs to step up the secondary and control the ball...

the team that does the best at one of these will come out on top...if Epperson is at full speed it will make JCS keys harder to accomplish...

I think it really comes down to some keys of the game...

JCS has to step it up on defense and Hudson needs to have a big night in the air...

Humboldt needs to step up the secondary and control the ball...

the team that does the best at one of these will come out on top...if Epperson is at full speed it will make JCS keys harder to accomplish...

I Like Jaxman And Twizzy So............................... Go JCS. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Humboldt is a big and physical team that also has speed. Chauncy Hunt is a very good RB who has around 600 yards on the season to go along with his 5 td's. Shamaree Johnson is a LARGE man in the backfield. The QB, Dunbar, can run as well. What can you say about EJ Epperson? He is simply a beast. He has big time written all over him. Even though he has missed almost all of the last two games, he has still accounted for 66% of the total receiving yards that Humboldt has this season to date. He can dominate from his LB position as well. He has 2 INT returns for TD's this season. He was also getting some touches as a running back as well. Heck, I hear he sells popcorn and soda at half time too boot. LOL The Vikings have a very good kicker in Jon Ford. He is 15-16 on his extra points and he has 3 field goals ( 31,35,22) to boot.

However, Humboldt has also shown the ability to fumble the football as well. They have 21 fumbles thru 6 games tghis season. Even though they have only lost 5 of those fumbles, that has to be of a major concern for the Vikings staff. They have given up 720 yards thru the air so far this season.(120 per game) 562 of those yards came against two very good passing teams in Giles Co. and USJ. Matt Hudson and the JCS wide outs will present many problems for Humboldt.

The Vikings have also given up 902 yards on the ground thru 6 games (150 per game). It does appear that Humboldt will give up some yardage to the opposing teams.

JCS will have to play its best game of the season to win this game. Remember, JCS was inside the Westview red zone 3 times I believe and came away with no points before they got on the board against the Chargers. JCS showed that they could move the ball against a very physical Westview team. They also took it too them defensively as well. Westview had to work very hard to earn a hard faught victory over JCS. Remember, that game was only an 8 point game with 3 minutes remaining.

I expect that this game will be similar in nature to the Westview game. It is going to be a barn burner over at Ronnie Fowler Field. You had better be there. If you can't attend this game, you can listen to it on Newsradio 1390, WTJS-AM. You can also hear it online at www.wtjs.com.