Humboldt @ Jackson Christian

TWizzy551

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did i hear correctly? there was not a single offensive touchdown scored by either team?

Humboldts 2 scores were interceptions in the end zones and returned 100yds for the TD's.

JCS recovered 2 fumbles and returned them for TD's, kicked 3 field goals and a saftey.

Strange game.

It is true. There was not one offensive touchdown scored by either team in a game that saw 40 total points scored. To be honest, this game was not as close as the score indicated. JCS was able to march up and down the field at will on Humboldt. The JCS defense only allowed 39 total yards of offense by Humboldt in the first half and only allowed 119 total yards for Humboldt for the entire constest. They held Humboldt to 8 total yards passing. The bottom line is that if JCS does not throw the interceptions deep in Humboldt territory, this game would have had a very ugly score for the final. JCS had 304 total yards of offense in this contest. Hudson had 251 yards passing. Tanner Perkins had 133 yards of recieving. Grizzell had 52 yards and TRaylor had 56 yards too. Sophomore kicker Cody Jones drilled 3 field goals in this game. I believe that he has 6 on the season. Jones has not missed a field goal attempt this season.

#20, his last name is Cambell, intercepted 2 Matt Hudson passes and returned them for touchdowns. The one in the first quarter was a 100 yard return, and the second one in the third quarter was a 95 yard return. For JCS, Drew Foster returned a fumble 55 yards for a touchdown at the 7.2 second mark of the third quarter. Then only 1:24 later, at the 11:43 mark of the fourth quarter, Foster picked up another fumble and took it 25 yards to the house.

This big JCS win sets up a match up next Friday versus the powerful Milan Bulldogs. JCS will come into this game with a 5-1 record overall, and a 2-1 record in 8-2A. I don't think that anyone can honestly say that they thought that JCS would be at 5-1 at this point in the season. I am very proud of what JCS has accomplished so far this season.

I can't agree with ya more Reitz...I figured JCS would be alright in 2a but to be succeeding like they are is a BIG accomplishment to that program!!!

I got to talk with some JCS players in Perkins tonight and they seemed excited about their win tonight and when they told me not a single offensive touchdown was scored I was very surprised...all of the JCS folks seem like very classy folks as well as the players/coaches!!!! Kudos to you folks!

Hey JCS Baby Congratulations! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First of all let me say congrats to JCS! They had a good game plan & the kids played hard all game. They deserved to win & were the better team! Period! What I can't understand is how Humboldt's O-Line which averages 280+/- lbs & practically all seniors can get blown off the ball. There's no reason for 5 guys averaging 280 lbs to get beaten by 4 guys averaging 200 lbs but the JCS defensive front just plain whipped Humboldt's massive line. All night long! It just goes to show that it ain't the dog in the fight.........it's the fight in the dog. And JCS had it. The QB for JCS impressed me. He's mobile with a good arm & made some good decisions throwing to receivers or throwing the ball away when he had to. Humboldt had the corners covering the deep third with the safety's covering the flats which left some receivers open on short routes. Not much pressure on the QB which gave him all the time in the world. I wished Humboldt had jammed the receivers at the line & played some man but they stayed in a soft zone ALL night long. Now I'm no coach & I've never lost a game on this side of the fence but if something ain't working then I'd make some changes or adjustments. Just my .02! It may be too late but somebodies got to step up for Humboldt. Too many freshman/sophmores that don't know the plays or how to line up which makes it really hard to watch from a fan's standpoint. Too many little costly mistakes that could win or lose the game & it shows.

Again congrats to JCS! They deserved it & are showed they can play at this level.

VikingFan14,

At the risk of reading too much into your user name, I've got to pay a compliment.

If you are related to #14 for Humboldt, be proud of that young man. He played hard every down and showed tremendous class and sportsmanship. The receiver he was defending is at least 6" taller and this young man defended him well all night and did it with class. I lost count of the times I saw him and our receiver (Grizzell, #88) congratulating each other after a play.

Nice job!

VikingFan14,

At the risk of reading too much into your user name, I've got to pay a compliment.

If you are related to #14 for Humboldt, be proud of that young man. He played hard every down and showed tremendous class and sportsmanship. The receiver he was defending is at least 6" taller and this young man defended him well all night and did it with class. I lost count of the times I saw him and our receiver (Grizzell, #88) congratulating each other after a play.

Nice job!

You are right as #14 is my son. Thanks for saying the nice things you said. I am very proud of him! He gives it his all every down & he doesn't run his mouth. He lets his play do the talking & he plays with alot of heart. Thanks again!