South Pitt @ Boyd Buchanan

reaction

Old Pirate says, yep, Big Al needs a handicap parking pass to Beene Stadium. OP is starting to beleive you did help build it. Get with the mayor he could help you out with records and etc. he's kinda the gangster type too Big Al. OP asks if Big Al made it to the JV game tonight?

No handicap parking for Big Al and yes i did help build it. I dont go to jv games. Priorities lie elsewhere no disrespect to tthose young pirates intended.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I will state, SP is going to be the team to beat this year in 1A. SP wins this game.

It dont take but 1 point.

From a west tn fan( Dyersburg TROJANS) I hope S.PITT wins it All in 1A. Yall have a great f/b history to be proud of,also wonderful stadium that is reason enough to play for the Pirates. Its always great to watch the 1a and 2a teams play ball anywhere as its a Hometown atmosphere i love! SP BY 3 TDS

I hope this South Pitt team lives up to the expectations as yall are making them. Sounds like we will get beat as if we were Whitwell or someone like that. Seems like Boyd may just get blown out. Does South Pitt have any type of passing attack at all? They will need it if they do.

...If they do we didn't see much passing when we played them(only 19 yards)...they do have some exceptional RB's(#24 )...it's the ole sayin':"use what you got to get what you need"!!!

...'reaction', most of the S.Pitt faithful will say that Boyd will get 'blown-out'...I wouldn't pay that much attention to it...they predicted the same about the "RAMS"(saying we would lose by 14 or greater)...fact is>>> keep your turnovers to a minimum and if your OL controls the line-of-scrimmage you will be ok!!!

...If they do we didn't see much passing when we played them(only 19 yards)...they do have some exceptional RB's(#24 )...it's the ole sayin':"use what you got to get what you need"!!!

...'reaction', most of the S.Pitt faithful will say that Boyd will get 'blown-out'...I wouldn't pay that much attention to it...they predicted the same about the "RAMS"(saying we would lose by 14 or greater)...fact is>>> keep your turnovers to a minimum and if your OL controls the line-of-scrimmage you will be ok!!!

Old Pirate says SP has the gun/spread package which is a run or pass formation. Tyner has great athelitic position players and had a difficult time containing the run portion of the package in the 2nd half. Boyd will see mulitple looks depending on how they scheme defensively.

I hope this South Pitt team lives up to the expectations as yall are making them. Sounds like we will get beat as if we were Whitwell or someone like that. Seems like Boyd may just get blown out. Does South Pitt have any type of passing attack at all? They will need it if they do.

Old Pirate says no blow out predicted by most level headed SP fans. Boyd has a lot of pride and always play tough.

Hey reaction.....Some of us are a little more realistic. Boyd and Tyner are the toughest 2 teams we play this year. We actually matched up better with Tyner because their style play on offense and defense is similar to ours. Boyd's O & D require making adjustments on both sides of the ball. We do have more team speed but as I said before attacking the middle, which is what Boyd has been doing, levels the playing field somewhat. Against Tyner we didn't pass much because the speed of their DB's was equal to our fastest WR's so it was tough getting separation but we do have a passing attack. We were 6-8 for 109 yds against Whitwell and are 24-38 (63%) for 422 yds (17.5 yds per completion) for the seasons. We don't pass a lot because we are averaging over 300 yds a game rushing but when we do we can move the ball. From what I have seen from film we should be able move the ball some through the air which means it will be tough for Boyd to put 8 in the box against the run. I think how well Boyd does at defending the pass will determine how well they do defensively

OP says you apparently met ZP and hopefully the SP folks treated you with class.

Yes, I found out who ZP is and as he has said, I have known him for years thru my dad. I sat for awhile with some of my Case, Hulvey and Duke friends on the home side of Beene stadium for awhile. SamHain still has many friends in SP and it was good to see them. Wondered if I might cross paths with OP, but I don't know who he is...... Good Luck against the Bucs, Pirates! I'll be minding the gate up the valley as the Tigers host Copper Basin. (I will get regular updates about the Pirate/Buc game from powerp).

Hey reaction.....Some of us are a little more realistic. Boyd and Tyner are the toughest 2 teams we play this year. We actually matched up better with Tyner because their style play on offense and defense is similar to ours. Boyd's O & D require making adjustments on both sides of the ball. We do have more team speed but as I said before attacking the middle, which is what Boyd has been doing, levels the playing field somewhat. Against Tyner we didn't pass much because the speed of their DB's was equal to our fastest WR's so it was tough getting separation but we do have a passing attack. We were 6-8 for 109 yds against Whitwell and are 24-38 (63%) for 422 yds (17.5 yds per completion) for the seasons. We don't pass a lot because we are averaging over 300 yds a game rushing but when we do we can move the ball. From what I have seen from film we should be able move the ball some through the air which means it will be tough for Boyd to put 8 in the box against the run. I think how well Boyd does at defending the pass will determine how well they do defensively

Yup. It will depend on if Boyd db's show up and shut down the pass like they were doing early in the season, or if they play like at Bledsoe Co. and get passed all over, which made that game a shoot out. And usually during this game some of the SP faithful never give us a chance, it happens all the time. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think it will be a lot closer than some of the predictions. Can't wait till Friday!

Yup. It will depend on if Boyd db's show up and shut down the pass like they were doing early in the season, or if they play like at Bledsoe Co. and get passed all over, which made that game a shoot out. And usually during this game some of the SP faithful never give us a chance, it happens all the time. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think it will be a lot closer than some of the predictions. Can't wait till Friday!

I think our defense will hold Boyd's scoring down. Boyd's offensive weapons are not what they were in past years. I think Boyd's D will be the key. Boyd has the capabilities to keep it close and if they do that they will have a shot in the end just like last year. If they play like they did against Bledsoe it could get very ugly because our offense is a tad more effective than Bledsoe's.

Yes, I found out who ZP is and as he has said, I have known him for years thru my dad. I sat for awhile with some of my Case, Hulvey and Duke friends on the home side of Beene stadium for awhile. SamHain still has many friends in SP and it was good to see them. Wondered if I might cross paths with OP, but I don't know who he is...... Good Luck against the Bucs, Pirates! I'll be minding the gate up the valley as the Tigers host Copper Basin. (I will get regular updates about the Pirate/Buc game from powerp).

Whitwell is pretty good on the ground. They should beat CB by 30+