Coach of the year, so far...

KILLACAM

Coach Wright at White Station. Hs has taken the team from zero wins in '01, to 4 straight playoff appearences, including the semis last year. We are 8-0 this year ( I hope this doesn't jinx us ), and ranked #1 in the Shelby county area.

And, imo, most importantly, he is a great leader of young men, teaching them positve life lessons they remember forever ( hehe, am I starting to lay it on a bit thick ? ).

I do not know enough about all of the coaches to have an opinion for coach of the year but from what I know about Coach Wright at White Station I would definately say that he is one of the best.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Wright at White Station. Hs has taken the team from zero wins in '01, to 4 straight playoff appearences, including the semis last year. We are 8-0 this year ( I hope this doesn't jinx us ), and ranked #1 in the Shelby county area.

And, imo, most importantly, he is a great leader of young men, teaching them positve life lessons they remember forever ( hehe, am I starting to lay it on a bit thick ? ).

No stuman, you're not laying it on too thick. He runs a clean program that takes the players that come to the school (he doesn't recruit). If you work hard and play hard, you will find success in his program. My son would have had little to no chance even making some of the area teams simply due to lack of size. Yet through the off season work, and simply giving him a chance, he's not only on the team, but sees good playing time. I'm using my son as the example, but this is more the rule than the exception. And he does hold his players to standards of being good citizens. Let's face it, few high school players will be making money at this game. So it's a big deal to give them some positive life lessons while going through his program. So yes, I'd say coach of the year, and the reasons include, but are not limited to, what he accomplishes on the field.

Coach Justin Anderson of Jefferson County !

With all he had to overcome with the last three seasons of no playoff apperances and a 3-7, 2-8 and 6-4 ( 6-4 was the

record the first year under the previous coach) to turn this program around and put it back in the playoffs ( not to

mention all the off the field distractions) and have this program headed in the right direction.

Coach Anderson has these players knowing what it feels like to win again !!

Coach Justin Anderson has my vote !!!

If I had one.

Coach Justin Anderson of Jefferson County !

With all he had to overcome with the last three seasons of no playoff apperances and a 3-7, 2-8 and 6-4 ( 6-4 was the

record the first year under the previous coach) to turn this program around and put it back in the playoffs ( not to

mention all the off the field distractions) and have this program headed in the right direction.

Coach Anderson has these players knowing what it feels like to win again !!

Coach Justin Anderson has my vote !!!

If I had one.

Careful Warlock - Those Patriots are 6-3 right now so don't give up on that last game yet.