Oak Ridge vs. William Blount

boyfromsi

Oak Ridge is coming off of a big win facing a WB team that has dropped 2 very close ones against quality opponents. We need to come out focused and continue to improve on defense. WB will be by far the best defense we face all season so execution is a must. Should be a great night for East Tennessee football fans at the 'Ship. Let the comments begin!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge is coming off of a big win facing a WB team that has dropped 2 very close ones against quality opponents. We need to come out focused and continue to improve on defense. WB will be by far the best defense we face all season so execution is a must. Should be a great night for East Tennessee football fans at the 'Ship. Let the comments begin!

I'm sure that WB will be out for revenge. They have lost two close games (1 point each) against quality opponents. Our leading defenseman was out the 4th quarter against Farragut with an apparent recurrence of his ankle sprain (not sure, but it appeared that way from the stands). That's not sour grapes ... we were run over by what has to be the best running back in Region 2 - 5A, if not in the state. Andre Sterling is very good and will play on Saturdays next year.

Coach Meadows made a very good call to go for two this week. There is no way we could have won in overtime .... our defense was flat and Sterling would have run over us during OT. Some fair-weather fans may argue with his play calling, but he did the gutsy, go-for-it-all call and I, for one, applaud his effort. No guts, no glory is what I say.

OR is definitely a much tougher team than I thought. After last year's season, I thought OR would be down for a few years before bouncing back. I wasn't sure that they had been tested until the last few weeks. McMinn is nothing to sneeze at ... they beat Farragut, lost in the last minutes to Ooltewah. Oak Ridge apparently handled them easily.

Looks like a good game. I'll be there cheering on the Govs.

What does Oak Ridge present? I havent had a chance to watch them this year.

William Blount needs to bounce back from the past two weeks. We played a good game against Maryville. Now Farragut is a different story. We got our rearends handed to us. Great call to go for 2. Giving it to Garner on the edge. That was sorta predictable. naked boot would have been beautiful. oh well its oak ridge now and i aint the coach.

If we can come out and tackle like we know how and get some penetration i think we will do fine. we gotta do a little bit better on the coverage. last week farragut got us on that little stop route everytime.

We need to win to keep us a top contender in the region. I think if we win we could still be no.1 or no.2 in our region.I tihnk if we lose we may end up no.3 I think we are easily better than that. We will have to see Friday night.

Go GOVS!!

OR wins by 25 points in a laugher.

Ole Dad

William Blount needs to bounce back from the past two weeks. We played a good game against Maryville. Now Farragut is a different story. We got our rearends handed to us. Great call to go for 2. Giving it to Garner on the edge. That was sorta predictable. naked boot would have been beautiful. oh well its oak ridge now and i aint the coach.

If we can come out and tackle like we know how and get some penetration i think we will do fine. we gotta do a little bit better on the coverage. last week farragut got us on that little stop route everytime.

We need to win to keep us a top contender in the region. I think if we win we could still be no.1 or no.2 in our region.I tihnk if we lose we may end up no.3 I think we are easily better than that. We will have to see Friday night.

Go GOVS!!

Go GOVS!!

First, we have a 1,000 yard tailback in Jared Stephens. Jared carries the banner of great Oak Ridge running backs from year's past. Second, you could see either Tyler Clark or David Irby at QB. David played a good game against McMinn and hopefully will have a good week of practice. That will enable Tyler to play more on defense were he had a timely interception in the 4th quarter. Third, at wide receiver we have 2 junior speedsters in Raphael Coffey and Demarcus Rogers. If defenses load up the box, we throw to them a lot. Fourth, our defense is really coming in to its own. We did a great job of shutting down McMinn's running game. This is a new defense for us this year and the learning curve has been long, but they are getting better every week.

Unlike some others, I think this will be quite a battle. WB always plays us tough and should be very hungry for a win. However, most of our guys have been looking forward to this game all year. One poster mentioned revenge, didn't WB win last year's game? WB is definitely revenge game #2 for us. If we come out focused, we are a very good football team that has so far been underestimated by every team we have played, except Clinton.

That said, everyone, including the players, know what is at stake for both teams as far as the Region 2 race is concerned. Go Cats and have a great week of practice.

Oak Ridge seems to be back to the team of old, their coach has had a couple of seasons to get his system and installed and its working so far this season. Hopefully oakridge took notes and noticed that william blount is extremely vulnerable up the middle if u spread them out with some good sized line splits. Farragut ran inside zone, iso and draw plays all night. William Blounts got speed all over the field though, great effort and pursuit by the entire defense. With two explosive offenses that have put up great numbers all year this one could be more of a barn burner than the WB/Farragut game was. i take oak ridge 31-28, home field advantage at blankenship will help the wildcats