Oak Ridge vs. William Blount

boyfromsi

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like it will be a great game. I havent seen to much of Oakridge this year but iv heard they have look very impressive. I have seen WB play this year twice (Maryville, Farragut) and they are a very good team this year. I know Oakridge has a talented runningback and some good skill position players with speed. How does thier QB look this year? Is it still the Big kid?...Even though it is at Blankenship field im gonna take WB they have some good speed too and even though sterling ran all over them they have a very good and physical defense.Another reason is WB has played such good Competetion already this year and Oakridge really hasnt been tested. Im gonna get my popcorn ready for this one! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

WB 28

Oakridge 21

This looks like it will be a great game. I havent seen to much of Oakridge this year but iv heard they have look very impressive. I have seen WB play this year twice (Maryville, Farragut) and they are a very good team this year. I know Oakridge has a talented runningback and some good skill position players with speed. How does thier QB look this year? Is it still the Big kid?...Even though it is at Blankenship field im gonna take WB they have some good speed too and even though sterling ran all over them they have a very good and physical defense.Another reason is WB has played such good Competetion already this year and Oakridge really hasnt been tested. Im gonna get my popcorn ready for this one! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

WB 28

Oakridge 21

iamdamaster, you've seen Wm Blount play twice? And they lost both games?

Maybe you'd better like seeing the Sevier County/ DB game this week. Should be a good one.

Oak Ridge's rb seems to be doing really well this year. Not quite as many yards as Sterling from Farragut, but he has less carries. If William Blount still has one of the best run defenses I look for them to be tested again. They can't afford to give up any more big games on the ground. Luckily for them this is the best rb left on their schedule. If they can keep him under 150, I think WB will win. If he goes over that, I don't see the outcome being any different than the Farragut or Maryville games.

I'm sure that WB will be out for revenge. They have lost two close games (1 point each) against quality opponents. Our leading defenseman was out the 4th quarter against Farragut with an apparent recurrence of his ankle sprain (not sure, but it appeared that way from the stands). That's not sour grapes ... we were run over by what has to be the best running back in Region 2 - 5A, if not in the state. Andre Sterling is very good and will play on Saturdays next year.

Coach Meadows made a very good call to go for two this week. There is no way we could have won in overtime .... our defense was flat and Sterling would have run over us during OT. Some fair-weather fans may argue with his play calling, but he did the gutsy, go-for-it-all call and I, for one, applaud his effort. No guts, no glory is what I say.

OR is definitely a much tougher team than I thought. After last year's season, I thought OR would be down for a few years before bouncing back. I wasn't sure that they had been tested until the last few weeks. McMinn is nothing to sneeze at ... they beat Farragut, lost in the last minutes to Ooltewah. Oak Ridge apparently handled them easily.

Looks like a good game. I'll be there cheering on the Govs.

Oak Ridge has a very solid front 7 and their secondary isn't horrible. number 65 is a beast on the D-line. There offense is nothing special just a run and gun type system. Pressure will be the key if WB wants to come away with a W. Personally i believe that two or three plays will be the deciding factor in the game. Good luck to both.

i think wb came out great after the maryville loss two weeks ago when they came to play against farragut. their defense started to lose control in the second half mainly because of the number of two-way players they have. i dont think coming back from this last loss to farragut will be an issue for the govs. ive seen OR against fulton and it is obvious that they have the athletes that we're used to seeing at OR. #5 is lightning quick with the ball in his hands but not the type to wear a defense down in the second half like sterling. if WB can keep him from breaking the long run, they should be in great shape. i expect both teams to make big plays on offense and i give the advantage to blankenship field. OR by 3

First, we have a 1,000 yard tailback in Jared Stephens. Jared carries the banner of great Oak Ridge running backs from year's past. Second, you could see either Tyler Clark or David Irby at QB. David played a good game against McMinn and hopefully will have a good week of practice. That will enable Tyler to play more on defense were he had a timely interception in the 4th quarter. Third, at wide receiver we have 2 junior speedsters in Raphael Coffey and Demarcus Rogers. If defenses load up the box, we throw to them a lot. Fourth, our defense is really coming in to its own. We did a great job of shutting down McMinn's running game. This is a new defense for us this year and the learning curve has been long, but they are getting better every week.

Unlike some others, I think this will be quite a battle. WB always plays us tough and should be very hungry for a win. However, most of our guys have been looking forward to this game all year. One poster mentioned revenge, didn't WB win last year's game? WB is definitely revenge game #2 for us. If we come out focused, we are a very good football team that has so far been underestimated by every team we have played, except Clinton.

That said, everyone, including the players, know what is at stake for both teams as far as the Region 2 race is concerned. Go Cats and have a great week of practice.

A very good post. I think WB has the tools to beat the Catz, but I don't know if they will have the mental toughness to get over the emotion of last week to beat another tough region team like OR. They almost beat Maryville and at times out played the Rebels, but I am not sure they have learned how to win a tough game. They should have had a real battle vs. Ottawa, but WB handed the owls their butts very convince sly IMO. I also think Farragut took a great deal of emotion out of the Gov's last week. One thing is for sure the Gov's have the toughest schedule I have seen in many years by any team. Should be a great game but I give OR the edge at the "Ship"

The reason the Gov's handed the Owls their Butts was because The Owls had 8 starters suspended for an off field incident from the week before and were playing with their 2's against The Govs. If they have their starters they spank The Govs. It won't be like that at The Ship, OR will play the starters. OR by at least 21 going away.

Ole Dad

A very good post. I think WB has the tools to beat the Catz, but I don't know if they will have the mental toughness to get over the emotion of last week to beat another tough region team like OR. They almost beat Maryville and at times out played the Rebels, but I am not sure they have learned how to win a tough game. They should have had a real battle vs. Ottawa, but WB handed the owls their butts very convince sly IMO. I also think Farragut took a great deal of emotion out of the Gov's last week. One thing is for sure the Gov's have the toughest schedule I have seen in many years by any team. Should be a great game but I give OR the edge at the "Ship"