MBA-Brentwood Academy

YamRocks

I have seen both teams play and i was far more impressed with BA. Jordan was very effective against that South Carolina team that had a lot of very good atheletes. MBA has a very big front on both sides of the ball but i think their guys lack the atheleticism that guys like Thad McChaney and Jabree Tunee have. MBA has stopped some teams with very good atheletes..Hillsborro, Antioch but the difference is that BA's guys are going to be very well coached and ready to play.....

BA-21

MBA-7

MBA-20 BA-14

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both teams play and i was far more impressed with BA. Jordan was very effective against that South Carolina team that had a lot of very good atheletes. MBA has a very big front on both sides of the ball but i think their guys lack the atheleticism that guys like Thad McChaney and Jabree Tunee have. MBA has stopped some teams with very good atheletes..Hillsborro, Antioch but the difference is that BA's guys are going to be very well coached and ready to play.....

BA-21

MBA-7

I agree with moose, however I think it will be a great game. Two outstanding programs which will be very disciplined, this should be a brawl!! Good luck to both teams.

BA 21

MBA 10

USA1 to FBemeritus:

I know Brandon put a bee in you guys' bonnet, but there is a different board where you can blow off steam about the private vs. public debate. You give Brandon a lot of satisfaction when you come on a thread like this all steamed.

Have ya ever been in a bad relationship with a scorned, co-dependent person who hates you, but always comes looking for you, and they follow you around because they can't get enough?............ /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Have ya ever been in a bad relationship with a scorned, co-dependent person who hates you, but always comes looking for you, and they follow you around because they can't get enough?............ /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yes Brandon. I have tried to explain for many years that Sigmund Freud was correct in your case, about the envy of me and Maryville. Here it is now 30 years later you are still following Maryville around on every thread, if not starting one, and stalking me.

Having seen both teams play I agree that MBA wont be able to handle the BA defensive line. I doubt theyll get 100 yards running the football. Much like the Westside team from South Carolina, MBA relies heavily on running the ball. Westside's running game was totally shut down by the BA DLine. And I expect MBA to be shut down in a similar fashion.

BA 28

MBA 13

(Give MBA a few field goals)

Yes Brandon. I have tried to explain for many years that Sigmund Freud was correct in your case, about the envy of me and Maryville. Here it is now 30 years later you are still following Maryville around on every thread, if not starting one, and stalking me.

Bob, why don't you take this up on one of your threads. You know: "Maryville vs. Blount County Middle School: How does this play out!!!"

Brandon and the entire football world lost touch with Maryville for twenty years (I think it is called the "Maryville Black Hole Years"). Once they created 8 classes and separated the privates it created an opportunity for Maryville to prosper and it gave Brandon something to talk about.

It is refreshing to see you post without discussing little boys, you and mens' rooms. I was worried about seeing Smilin Bob from Maryville on Dateline.

when MBA and BA square off this Friday night at Tommy Owen Stadium, it will be a renewal of the best rivalry GAME in the state...By that I mean the highest quality rivalry between two teams who play annually. This rivalry is only 10 years old, so it lacks the history of many of Tennessee's most storied rivalry games, like Baylor - MCCallie, Maryville-Alcoa, etc. It doesn't have the geographic implications of an intracounty rivalry like a Brentwood HS-Ravenwood; Riverdale-Oakland; Gallatin-Hendersonville; etc.

But consider that (after referencing RRR's site--high school football database), MBA and BA have played 4 times for the D2-aaa title. Prior to the formation of D2, for the 2 years that both played in 5A, the two met in a couple of epic play-off games. A decisive win for BA in the 5A semis in '95; and an overtime thriller in '96 in the 5A quarterfinals.

The two teams have a total of 23 state titles between them. They have claimed 5 of the possible 10 D2-AAA titles. So when D2 put these two together, the best annual game in TN was created...

I'm curious as to who the other leaders are as well, because those two seem to be most of the production out of MBA every game.

On the Defensive side of the ball, you got Knight LB , Wade SS, Stumb C, and Daniels DE

On the Offensive side, there is Rolfe OL, Harris R, Bailey OL, as well as Waddey at RB. I'm not sure what the extent of his injury is, but i suppose he is out for a few weeks.

The QB should be fine im sure. He did look banged up though. He obviously could walk/run?

when MBA and BA square off this Friday night at Tommy Owen Stadium, it will be a renewal of the best rivalry GAME in the state...By that I mean the highest quality rivalry between two teams who play annually. This rivalry is only 10 years old, so it lacks the history of many of Tennessee's most storied rivalry games, like Baylor - MCCallie, Maryville-Alcoa, etc. It doesn't have the geographic implications of an intracounty rivalry like a Brentwood HS-Ravenwood; Riverdale-Oakland; Gallatin-Hendersonville; etc.

But consider that (after referencing RRR's site--high school football database), MBA and BA have played 4 times for the D2-aaa title. Prior to the formation of D2, for the 2 years that both played in 5A, the two met in a couple of epic play-off games. A decisive win for BA in the 5A semis in '95; and an overtime thriller in '96 in the 5A quarterfinals.

The two teams have a total of 23 state titles between them. They have claimed 5 of the possible 10 D2-AAA titles. So when D2 put these two together, the best annual game in TN was created...

BRBB, you could not have been more polite and fair as you presented those facts. Plus, there is that good ol' intangible, intense "wanna BEAT those guys" mutual feeling that adds the zest to the rivalry.

By the way, what the HECK would we do without RRR's high school football database? What a great site!