7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

No Problem, I don't know if this is why it was called off or not, but I heard a lot of people complain today about having it on Wednesday night because it was Church night. It would not surprise me if it was called due to and large amount of calls complaining.(this is just theory not fact)

No Problem, I don't know if this is why it was called off or not, but I heard a lot of people complain today about having it on Wednesday night because it was Church night. It would not surprise me if it was called due to and large amount of calls complaining.(this is just theory not fact)

I'd say your right Phoenix. There was some black ice out there this morning because we had an employee who was involved in a wreck.

Luke wanted to join the crew at Siegel. The blowups with King were just the straw that broke the camels back. Once King and him got into it, I am willing to bet that turned him to Siegel, once his parents got ticked at King as well.

Luke's brother Jordan graduated from Oakland. He was a popular young man and a great football player and leader. He made outstanding grades , and his parents were very active in the football booster club. Jordan was a coach's dream and always played TEAM ball. All seemed very happy at Oakland. I cannot say enough good things about Jordan and wish him well.

Unfortunately, Luke didn't fare as well. He was failing classes as a soph. and King was riding him hard in bball bc of his grades and b/c he had so much potential but didn't want to work hard to get better either on the court or in the classroom. King is very adamant about developing a strong work ethic . His expectations are very high and he treats everyone the same way. In fact, rumor says when he left for Siegel, he was failing the majority of his classes. We have said this before yrs back and I am not wishing to sound as if I am bashing anyone, but the other two Jones boys switched schools when their coach tried to get them more disciplined in workouts , games , and in the classroom. The oldest Jones boy left Blackman and came to OHS to play baseball. Jordan is the only one of the 3 that actually stuck it out in 2 sports at ONE school, and excelled academically and athletically w/o incident. Marty Euverard had as high of standards as Randy King of his football players, so Jordan sticking it out demonstrates his character.

I hate it that Lucas left. I really think had he stuck it out and bought into King's methods, he would have had the grades and mental fortitude to be playing some big time college ball to brag about right now. As we already know.....he has already changed schools while playing in college......b/c of the coach and grades. Read into this what you wish.

If you notice, Chaisson is playing very well in college and that comes from his ability to play and his ability to be COACHED. He owes a lot to Randy King.

Ok Jimmy is playing College basketball. Keith will be playing college basketball. Tyler Cutter will be playing college basketball? All will do well I believe. Jimmy was starting at lipscomb till he broke his hand. Dont get your point.

Jimmy got no concrete offers to play his sr yr. We all know it was b/c of his attitude and his reputation /antics. He had to go away to prep school for a yr before anyone took a chance on him. I hope he has grown up, as he had a lot of athleticism and instinct. I wish him the best of luck.

How is Roper doing? I think he had the best overall attitude of any in the bunch that yr. He was a good kid and had a really sweet 3 point shot. I miss seeing him play.

OOPS...forgot about that St Johns offer.........HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...right wingman?

Ok Jimmy is playing College basketball. Keith will be playing college basketball. Tyler Cutter will be playing college basketball? All will do well I believe. Jimmy was starting at lipscomb till he broke his hand. Dont get your point.

I believe 2p's point here is, and he can correct me if I am wrong, is that Jimmy, Luke, and Keith were uncoachable. They couldn't stand King's strict guidelines and how he did not break for them. They went to Siegel, a new program with a new school and were allowed to have their way on the court. There is no way those boys should not have state rings now, but due to their lack of discipline, they had to settle for a coach with less talent who could not get the job due to his lack of discipline as well. If Keith, Luke, Jimmy, and Darius had stayed at Oakland.. You are talking about two state titles FOR SURE, but they couldn't handle the heat, so they got out of the kitchen, as well as the house completely.

Jimmy got no concrete offers to play his sr yr. We all know it was b/c of his attitude and his reputation /antics. He had to go away to prep school for a yr before anyone took a chance on him. I hope he has grown up, as he had a lot of athleticism and instinct. I wish him the best of luck.

How is Roper doing? I think he had the best overall attitude of any in the bunch that yr. He was a good kid and had a really sweet 3 point shot. I miss seeing him play.

OOPS...forgot about that St Johns offer.........HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...right wingman?

Last I had heard about Roper, he had broken his ankle. Not sure if there was any truth to this, but I overheard some people discussing him the other day and that statement came up.