7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

way to go WARRIORS!!! nice job boys.. way to pull it out from 10+pts!! WC can go all the way i truly believe. We just have to be confident and play together. Another Siegel meeting.. jeez.. just can't shake those guys.. I hope the holy cutter and his starz like the taste of Warrior pride because they'll be gettin a 4TH helping!! Congrats warriors!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Siegel and White County tonight and best of luck the rest of the way.

I saw my Patriots play an outstanding first half tonight. We held the big dogs from WC to 2 pts apiece and kept a team that can get HOT really quickly to measly pts . We forced them to play OUR game and we had complete and total control. My boy Maup looked as smooth as silk. It was a super TEAM effort and WC and their fans were clearly frustrated and totally down. Then there came the half.......and what happened to FC the 2nd half happened to us and our magic ran out or else I turned back into the pumpkin?? We probably played the worst 3rd Q that I have ever seen us play....and then WC seemed to just heat up to boiling. Three's started falling and we couldn't buy a basket. I don't think WC missed a shot in the 3rd Q and we turned the ball over and over and over in our rush. We went on self -destruct mode and never could recover. It was a sad site to see.......the desperation of us trying to force shots that simply would not fall no matter what. I hated to see us go out like that esp after the 1st half of ball that we had played.

This team has provided me with so many thrills this season......they should have finished middle of the pack......they should have been beaten at district and been sitting home like Riverdale.....they should have never made it to this week....they should have never had a state ranking with all that we lost from last yr. BUT....we proved once again that HEART, great coaching, determination, great fundamentals, and TEAMWORK can overcome a LOT of odds. I love this team and every kid on it. I will miss the seniors so much, but they have made their stamp in the history of Oakland basketball and set the standards high for teams yet to come.

I did have a clue and I was correct.

Your right Wingy you did have a clue. Unfourtunately it looks as if I did not. I will say though Shelby played poorly and did not display what they are capable of doing. Again congrats to Siegel and White County. Make region 4AAA proud and go all the way to the championship.

Well someone called the rematch happening last week. Shelbyville fans are really smart too. Good job on all of your guarantees. This Siegel team plays with more heart and plays tougher defense then the teams of past. Watch out the state of tennessee, they are heating up.

Congrats 7 aaa Siegel played well last night most control i have seen cutter play with and the big man montori is fun to watch.Wc did what they do went on one of those crazy runs they can go on Delaney took control mid way thru the 3rd on both ends and we no we needed him on the defensive boards cause we were having trouble on the rebounding end.3-0 against Siegel if Wc comes out and plays 4 quarters like there capable will be 4-0.

Congrats to both 7AAA teams on making the finals. Congrats to White County on getting your 30th win. No matter what happens on Thursday night lets both win our substate game on Monday and show the state how strong 7AAA is. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

May be premature to say this but, I think Siegel got a better bracket by losing to White County. I'd probably rather play Shelbyville than Oakland in a potential second round game, since there is no DeQuan Twilley or Barry Stewart on that Eagles team.

I just wanted to pat myself on the back once again for what I saw in this bracket. Get your popcorn ready /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Oh im sure TJ, they dont believe in him so much that he's a CAPTAIN! Come on TJ, forget the bias towards your friends and enjoy the game instead of trying to find ways to bring down others.

well too bad that captain epps couldnt muster up no more than nothing in the most important game of the season..............sad way to end his career...no one wants to end it like that....it would have been different if they won thoughdeandre and tyler played real well in the game.............its sad to see kendal go cold the last couple of games like he did....i kno he hates it

well too bad that captain epps couldnt muster up no more than nothing in the most important game of the season..............sad way to end his career...no one wants to end it like that....it would have been different if they won thoughdeandre and tyler played real well in the game.............its sad to see kendal go cold the last couple of games like he did....i kno he hates it

Nice of you to compliment them on their good year. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Epps had a great season and so did Kendal. Both of them were big parts of a team that finished 2nd in the district when everyone thought they would have a down year. I was very impressed with both when they played Blackman and one game does not define a season. I am sure they were both a little frustrated because they are competitors, but they need to look at the whole season. I think Oakland played tired in the tournament and I am sure they probably were because they did not have a lot of depth. Just like Blackman. Their last game was one of their worst but you can't define Alex's season by the last game he played. Shelbyville kept two people on him and were not going to let him have a look at the basket, but had it not been for Alex Blackman would not have finished 4th in the district. I think both teams can be very proud of their accomplishments because they did not have the talent of the other two top teams and some of the teams that finished lower in the district.

Good luck to WC and Siegel tonight and heading into the sub-state. It would be great to see both of you advance to State.

Nice of you to compliment them on their good year. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Epps had a great season and so did Kendal. Both of them were big parts of a team that finished 2nd in the district when everyone thought they would have a down year. I was very impressed with both when they played Blackman and one game does not define a season. I am sure they were both a little frustrated because they are competitors, but they need to look at the whole season. I think Oakland played tired in the tournament and I am sure they probably were because they did not have a lot of depth. Just like Blackman. Their last game was one of their worst but you can't define Alex's season by the last game he played. Shelbyville kept two people on him and were not going to let him have a look at the basket, but had it not been for Alex Blackman would not have finished 4th in the district. I think both teams can be very proud of their accomplishments because they did not have the talent of the other two top teams and some of the teams that finished lower in the district.

Good luck to WC and Siegel tonight and heading into the sub-state. It would be great to see both of you advance to State.

I agree N2, good post. Some people are just jealous and can't give credit where it is due, or if someone has a bad game they really enjoy it.

Congrats to White Co. and Siegel on the wins last night. Way to represent 7AAA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ditto on that !! I think all the teams in 7aaa this year, has made Siegel and White County better, and both teams should play with total confidence from here on out. Good luck to the Stars and Warriors.