7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

Whew....ok I will admit it...... I got lost night lost on the way to the game last night! I am usually so good remembering the way to a place I have been to many times. Unfortunately, that was NOT the case last night. I was sweating it big time as I knew the game had already started and I was MISSING IT!! I rolled in right at half time.....and when I looked up at the scoreboard, it told the tale about how my boys were playing. NOT GOOD. I asked around and heard they were playing really flat and without much emotion. I was so confident on the way that we were going home with the BIG W, and then this happens. I am thinking....why did I drive all this way to see them lose? Then it hit me........they have the LUCKY CHARM here now. We are coming back and we are OWNING this gym!! And.....that was JUST what we did. We started playing Oakland basketball. Now I don't want to brag, but it seems like my FAVORITE TWO players, EPPS AND MAUP seem to STEP up their game when I am in the house. They did NOt disappoint. Epps took control from the 2nd he stepped onto the court in the 3rd Q. He showed them what he is all about DEFENSE with some sweet O sprinkled in.....and then my boy Maup, well those flying feet and quick hands of his continued to delight the crowd with his SKILLS!! ( the most under-rated player around!)

Epps was the high scorer with Maup 2nd leading scorer. These two seniors showed poise and leadership while the rest of the team followed suit! Now, do I really believe my presence in the gym sparked this comeback??? No...........I am sure it was KING's talk at the half and these boys DELIVERED......but it is kind of nice to be known as a secret weapon lucky charm anyway.

2priceless.......coming to a GYM near YOU, Warriors!!

I was at the FIRST time we met.

OHS victory over WC .

I missed the 2nd meeting .

a loss to them . I was home with strep.

I will be there on Tuesday.

YOU be the judge.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! No replies from Shelbyville fans yet? He he /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I have no problem with Wingman but someone making statements like that has no clue. Siegel has a good ball club but they should not beat Shelbyville. Shelbyville has the most speed in this region. Like I said before I will eat all the crow you want me too if Siegel pulls off the win but that will not happen. Shelbyville and Siegel should be a good matchup . Shelbyville will be in the championship waiting for the winner of the White Co - Oakland game. Mark it down.

I have no problem with Wingman but someone making statements like that has no clue. Siegel has a good ball club but they should not beat Shelbyville. Shelbyville has the most speed in this region. Like I said before I will eat all the crow you want me too if Siegel pulls off the win but that will not happen. Shelbyville and Siegel should be a good matchup . Shelbyville will be in the championship waiting for the winner of the White Co - Oakland game. Mark it down.

Good points made here. However, with Hammonds back Siegel is a much more formidable opponent for the Golden Eagles. The difference in this game in my opinion is how much of a factor Montori Hughes will be in the paint. I am not necessarily talking about him scoring, but his physical presence inside and the rebounding advantage he gives to the Stars. Shelbyville's guards, across the board, are better than Siegel. Andrews and Cutter are comparable, both will be D1 college players, Cutter already committed and Andrews is well on his way as a super sophomore. Hammonds and France or Haile will battle it out, Twilley and Nance will be going at one another as well. I think this will be a very exciting high school game.

I am going with Shelbyville over the Stars by 5. 71-65.

Good points made here. However, with Hammonds back Siegel is a much more formidable opponent for the Golden Eagles. The difference in this game in my opinion is how much of a factor Montori Hughes will be in the paint. I am not necessarily talking about him scoring, but his physical presence inside and the rebounding advantage he gives to the Stars. Shelbyville's guards, across the board, are better than Siegel. Andrews and Cutter are comparable, both will be D1 college players, Cutter already committed and Andrews is well on his way as a super sophomore. Hammonds and France or Haile will battle it out, Twilley and Nance will be going at one another as well. I think this will be a very exciting high school game.

I am going with Shelbyville over the Stars by 5. 71-65.

After seeing Siegel play during the district tourney they will be no cake walk by any means. Siegel is alot bigger than Shelbyville down low but as seen two years ago Shelbyville had to great players in Barry Stewart and Dequan Twilley carry them to the state championship game. I do not beleive this team will go as far as that team but I do beleive they are better because all five of their staters can play. If Hughes stays out of foul trouble and Hammons continues to play like he has the last few days Shelbyville could be in trouble. The thing I see from Shelbyville is not only quickness but their ability to make such quick quick passes and their defense is great. I beleieve that if Shelbyville can continue to make quick passes down low they will force Siegel to make numerous fouls and that will cause Siegel to go to a much smaller lineup. The biggest factor Shelbyville has going for them is if and when they shoot poorly from the floor they always turn the defense up another notch and create points off of turnovers. I am going with a final score of 80 - 73 Shelbyville.