District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

harpethfan08, HHSnumber1fan, ksgovols

This forum is a nice place to air out your opinions, but here are some facts:

harpethfan08 said "but I believe they made smarter decisions with the ball."

Harpeth - Assist 9 Turnovers 21

HHSnumber1fan said "Maybe he would say that because those two were "on" a little bit"

Which two?

From The Field

Kevin was 4-7 for 57%

Trey was 5-10 for 50%

Tyler was 3-7 for 42%

From 3 point land

Kevin was 0-2 for 0%

Trey was 1-3 for 33%

Tyler was 2-4 for 50%

harpethfan08 said "ksvols is right about the DCHS big man. they leave him in and they win the game."

ksgovols said "Dickson keeps him in and he could have scored 30."

Number 52 played played in the first half, came back in the with 6 minutes left in the third quarter, and never came out. He had 8 points for the game.

Boys, keep those opinions coming.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HHSnumber1fan said "Maybe he would say that because those two were "on" a little bit"

Which two?

From The Field

Kevin was 4-7 for 57%

Trey was 5-10 for 50%

Tyler was 3-7 for 42%

From 3 point land

Kevin was 0-2 for 0%

Trey was 1-3 for 33%

Tyler was 2-4 for 50%

harpethfan08 said "ksvols is right about the DCHS big man. they leave him in and they win the game."

Number 52 played played in the first half, came back in the with 6 minutes left in the third quarter, and never came out. He had 8 points for the game.

Uh-oh. Double secret probation boys.

52 wasn't in at the end of the game I'm pretty sure. I'm not sure he played much of the second half of the 4th period, but I don't have the tape. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> He plays instead of 51 and the outcome could have been different. 51 lost the ball the first 2 trips down the floor under the goal and wide open and then proceeded to miss about 4 or 5 layups. 52 had better moves around the basket in my opinion, better hops and a better shot. I thought Dickson should have played him more than they did. I'm glad they didn't.

Those shooting percentages were actually improvements from the Sycamore game. I thought the defense was better too.

Which two?

From The Field

Kevin was 4-7 for 57%

Trey was 5-10 for 50%

Tyler was 3-7 for 42%

From 3 point land

Kevin was 0-2 for 0%

Trey was 1-3 for 33%

Tyler was 2-4 for 50%

Kevin and Tyler were 9-20, which is a little less than 50%. I have seen both do better, so together they were "on" a little bit. Thanks for the stats to put my opinion a fact. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Harpethfan08 I agree he should probably touch the ball a lot 9 out of 10 is a good number maybe a little high, but that doesnt mean he should shoot the ball that many. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Which two?

From The Field

Kevin was 4-7 for 57%

Trey was 5-10 for 50%

Tyler was 3-7 for 42%

From 3 point land

Kevin was 0-2 for 0%

Trey was 1-3 for 33%

Tyler was 2-4 for 50%

Obviously you didn't see the Sycamore game. I don't have the tape of that game on me /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> , however if memory serves me right Harpeth had turnovers in critical points of the game to change the mometum. Not to mention having poor shot selection at times as well. So for you rebuttal to hold any weight in MY OPINION you would have to have seen the previous games that Harpeth has played. All three OPINIONS that ksgovols, hhsnumber1fan, and myself made were based on the Sycamore and and/or previous games played this year.

Which two?

From The Field

Kevin was 4-7 for 57%

Trey was 5-10 for 50%

Tyler was 3-7 for 42%

From 3 point land

Kevin was 0-2 for 0%

Trey was 1-3 for 33%

Tyler was 2-4 for 50%

And if you read some of mine and ksgovols post back and forth we were talking about Tyler and Kevin. Trey has not been mentioned yet. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

HHSnumber1fan, harpethfan08............We're through at Faber I'm afraid...... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

With apologies to National Lampoons rendition......

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our Dickson County guests - we did.

[winks at Dean Wermer]

But you can't hold a whole student section responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole high school sports environment? And if the whole high school sports environment is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Dean Wermer - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

[Leads the K-Town Killas out of the hearing, all humming the Star-Spangled Banner]

I think I have an idea for the entertainment at next year's steak dinner boys.....

Uh-oh. Double secret probation boys.

52 wasn't in at the end of the game I'm pretty sure. I'm not sure he played much of the second half of the 4th period, but I don't have the tape. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> He plays instead of 51 and the outcome could have been different. 51 lost the ball the first 2 trips down the floor under the goal and wide open and then proceeded to miss about 4 or 5 layups. 52 had better moves around the basket in my opinion, better hops and a better shot. I thought Dickson should have played him more than they did. I'm glad they didn't.

Those shooting percentages were actually improvements from the Sycamore game. I thought the defense was better too.

DID THE US STOP WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR, NO!! Sorry had to add that.. anyway shooting 50% from the field isn't a good night but it isn't a bad night either Dean.. besides the point we are all missing is they won yeah they played bad but they still won and a win is a w.. just read my signature

Very good point papaT, no seniors.. maybe this team can play smart enough to play for the district.. that's optimistic but why not be.. anyways the big thing will be how they will play when the good shooting goes out for a game or two(let's hope not). i look for them to be competitive against Dickson Co. we will see if they can overcome the size advantage

Yes, as I have said all along, size is the biggest weakness this team has. It has a lot of depth and it shoots real well. I like their hustle. We really haven't played anyone with much height. I also wonder how we will do when we face a Harpeth team that is big at every position. We could be the sleeper in the district if we keep improving. Right now, I think if we do we could finish as high as 3rd.

correct me if I'm wrong ksgovols, but wasn't the goodpasture game Kevin's high for the year outside of the Cascade game and maybe Kenwood? I missed the game so I have some questions for you I want you to rate 1-10: boxing out, defense, shooting, and overall player of the game? Try to compare G'pasture to a team that we have played thus far. Thanks in advance Ksgovols (or hhsnumber1fan). Good luck to Harpeth as they travel to CPA tonight.