District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a game at the wood!!! the most i saw them down was 18 in the third with bout two minutes left it couldve been more. creek wood came back with two seniors and three sophmores on the court!!! creek wood gets up by two with bout 1 minute left in the game and then the harpeth fan dream shot comes.... trey wide and i mean wide open for three and he missed it!!! the kid was great all night dont get me wrong, but he misses the wide open three that wouldve given harpeth the lead with under a minute left!!! then with bout ten seconds left ethan williams sinks two HUGE and i mean HUGE free throws to put cw ahead by four. and then harpeth gets the ball and it might of been trey i think, but he drains a three as time expires makin the final score 47-46 cw. again HUGE free throws by williams!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kevin Giltner was the one who missed the three w/ appoximately 1 minute to play.

Shaping up to be a very interesting district tournament. Creek Wood beats Harpeth, Waverly has beaten Creek Wood, Waverly took Harpeth to the wire last night, Sycamore was beaten by Creek Wood, Sycamore has beaten Waverly and Harpeth. It should be fun.

Plus, Harpeth beat Creekwood back in November.

It will be a very interesting "rest of the way" before the district tournament.

Here's the standings after games of Jan. 19th:

Edited for games remaining:

Sycamore 16-4 (8-1) CW, @MC, Wavo, @FV, Har

Harpeth 15-7 (7-2) MC, @SC, CCC, @MC, @ Syc

Creekwood 13-6 (7-2) @Syc, MC, @FV, CCC, Wavo

Fairview 6-10 (5-5) @Wavo, CW, Syc, CCC

Waverly 7-12 (4-5) SC, @CCC, FV, @Syc, @CW

Cheatham 3-15 (2-6) Wavo, SC, @Har, @CW, @FV, @SC

Stewart Co. 6-11 (2-7) @Wavo, Har, @CCC, @MC, CCC

Mont. Central 3-15 (1-8) @Har, Syc, @CW, SC, Har

These are based on winning percentages within the district only. Head to head has not been taken into account.

Stewart County has to win out to be in contention for the 4 seed. The loss to Central was a severe blow.

Fairview @ Waverly is a big game. I wouldn't put that one in the W column too quickly if I were Fairview. Harpeth played both last week and Waverly gave the Indians fits with back door layups that were very well executed. I think the 4 seed will be determined a week from this coming Tuesday.

I was surprised that Harpeth jumped out to the lead that they did at Creekwood, but more disappointed that they couldn't hold on to it. It was tournament like with the 3 district games in a week with back to back games Friday and Saturday. I think Harpeth lost their legs a little in the 2nd half but they had plenty of chances to win it and didn't execute on offense or take care of the ball. Harpeth has never won in that gym to my knowledge and that's not the first 18 point lead I've seen them lose up there either. It's gut check time for Harpeth. How they handle this loss will define the rest of the season for them.

It was a good basketball atmosphere in Creekwood and 2 very good games. I saw several students from other schools there to watch the games. A little like a tournament atmosphere.

The Indians blew a big lead against Waverly and were lucky to hold on for the win. Waverly outplayed them and deserved to win. Then the Indians don't learn their lesson and blow another big lead at Creek Wood, but this time aren't so lucky and end up with a loss. The Indians have not played up to their potential in several years. There is trouble there, but not sure what it is or who the blame should be laid on. But I see them collapsing come tournament time.