District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please enlighten me.. So he did not quit and come back???

You said

"He is just showing the other guys that if you want to quit you can, but you can come back when you want to. It really is sad, but just shows that the kids are pretty much doing what they want."

Perhaps I misunderstood but I read what you wrote as to imply that

1. you can come and go in the program at Sycamore as you please

2. The kids are pretty much doing as they want.

Both statements are not entirely factual.

I KNOW that what Tyler did to "earn" his place back on the team was nothing short of an enormous amount of work.

Why did he leave in the first place? I don't know.. do you? (Actually I don't really care) Why did he ask to come back? I can't say I know. What I do know is it was not as you say " the kids are pretty much doing what they want."

Tyler played against Creekwood tonight and in my opinion played well.

I agree with Slube. I think other Harpeth teams have finished about where they should finish for the most part. This team has 2 DI prospects and flat out aren't getting it done on the floor. I don't think coaching has anything to do with it personally. Consider that Cheatham, Sycamore, Montgomery Central and Creekwood are all 3A football schools with 200-300 more kids than Harpeth and it makes the basketball and baseball accomplishments in 11AA even more remarkable. An allstar team from 11AA wasn't going to beat Liberty Tech last year. LT was better than the AAA champion imo. The year before that it was Bolivar with Chism and Willie wuzizname. One's at UT, the other's at Memphis. Again, 11AA's allstar team couldn't get past those guys. The year before that it was Tyler Smith at Giles County. What 11AA kids are playing on tv?

I don't think anyone realized how much Scott Newton and Chase Baker would be missed at Harpeth and it's not the points and rebounds. I hope the guys learned a lesson and straighten things out. Coach has given them the tools.

# of students in each school

sycamore 949

mont cent 969

creek wood 996

cheatham 771

harpeth 671

waverly 655

stewart 664

fairview 674

dont kno how correct i am went public school review .. those are the numbers they had.. having those extra few kids helps in finding athletes for your program..

11 AA player i watch on tv is shane dansby belmont jr second on the team in scoring . not bad

.. what liberty tech (971 students ) did to sycamore last year wow .. if you were there it wasnt pretty, easy to say LT was the best team in the state !!!! right now west tennessee is a hot bed for talent . i would have felt privileged to play againest that team..

kids will be kids.. the district is starting to heat up .. good luck to all teams

Sycamore by 10 tomorrow night against Creekwood /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

IF YOU WERE AT THE GAME IT WAS A GOOD ONE, THE BEST PART OF THIS GAME WAS AT THE LAST .5 SECONDS OF THE GAME WHEN PRIMM WENT UP FOR AN EASY LAY UP AND CHOKED! THEN CREEKWOODS COACH CHASED THE OFFICIALS INTO THEIR LOCKER ROOM. DID HE FEEL THAT PRIMM WAS FOULED OR HACKED? I LOVED THE LOOK ON HIS FACE! HE LOOKED AS IF CREEKWOOD WAS CHEATED OUT OF TWO FREE THROWS. WHEN CREEKWOOD PLAYED CHEATHAM AT THE CUBS HOME COURT AND THE OFFICALS DID GO CREEKWOODS WAY THE COACH THOUGHT IT WAS OK AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE. THERES THAT OLD SAYING WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND AND THE LOOK ON CREEKWOODS COACHES FACE COULD HAVE BEEN SOLD FOR MILLIONS! WAY TO GO SYCAMORE! NO HAWKS IN CHEATHAM COUNTY FLEW LAST NIGHT THEY WERE CAGED AND PLUCKED OF ALL THEIR HIGH FLYING FEATHERS. AND WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT HEATED WORDS WERE SAID TO THE OFFICIALS AFTER THE GAME. SYCAMORE WILL BE YOUR 11-AA DISTRICT CHAMPIONS!

Tyler Guye did quit and now he's back after a 5 game suspension. He came back so he could prove to some people that he isn't quitter from what I was told. He had to do an enormous amount of running during his suspension to get back on the floor. Congrats to Sycamore on the win last night against Creekwood by a score of 57-55. The only game left that looms in the way for Sycamore is the last game of the season at home against Harpeth.

Tyler Guye did quit and now he's back after a 5 game suspension. He came back so he could prove to some people that he isn't quitter from what I was told. He had to do an enormous amount of running during his suspension to get back on the floor. Congrats to Sycamore on the win last night against Creekwood by a score of 57-55. The only game left that looms in the way for Sycamore is the last game of the season at home against Harpeth.

Its sort of hard to prove that your not a quitter when you did the same thing last year!

And kiwidad, you said you had no idea why he quit or anything about the situation. Being friends with people from Sycamore and knowing people that know Tyler Guye how do you know I do not know why he quit??? Sounds to me that you are just trying to start something.. You have a history of getting on here and trying to start stuff with me especially, but it doesnt matter it just makes you sound dumb.

Wareagles proves the point that he just quit, because he didnt want to play anymore. And he came back so people would not be mad at him, and call him a quitter. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Its sort of hard to prove that your not a quitter when you did the same thing last year!

And kiwidad, you said you had no idea why he quit or anything about the situation. Being friends with people from Sycamore and knowing people that know Tyler Guye how do you know I do not know why he quit??? Sounds to me that you are just trying to start something.. You have a history of getting on here and trying to start stuff with me especially, but it doesnt matter it just makes you sound dumb.

Wareagles proves the point that he just quit, because he didnt want to play anymore. And he came back so people would not be mad at him, and call him a quitter. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

NOTICE HE HAD A HAIR CUT

after the past week, the race for the four spot and a home game is rounding into form. right now it is Fairview's spot to lose.

Fairview 5-5 games left at Wavo, and home vs. Sycamore, CW, and Cheatham Co.

Waverly 4-6 games left at Cheatham, Sycamore, and CW and home vs. Fairview

SC 5-7 games left at MC and home vs Harpeth

I see Fairview going 2-2 over their last two games to finish at 7-7

I see Waverly going 1-3 and finishing 5-9

I see SC going 1-1 and finishing at 6-8

If this happens SC will travel to Fairview for the 4-5 game in the tournament. They split this year with each winning on the other teams home floor.

Waverly pretty much blew their shot at the 4 seed with the loss to SC last night. They must beat Fairview on Tuesday to even have a shot at the 5 seed now. they would have to hope they beat Fairview and all three finish 6-8. That would give SC four since they swept Waverly, and Waverly would have to tiebreaker with Fairview with their win over CW. That is a lot to hope for.

This has made the game Tuesday night Fairview at Waverly huge for both teams as well as SC.

Here's the standings after games of Jan. 22nd:

Edited for games remaining:

Sycamore 17-4 (9-1) @MC, Wavo, @FV, Har

Harpeth 16-7 (8-2) @SC, CCC, @MC, @ Syc

Creekwood 13-7 (7-3) MC, @FV, CCC, Wavo

Fairview 6-10 (5-5) @Wavo, CW, Syc, CCC

Waverly 7-13 (4-6) @CCC, FV, @Syc, @CW

Stewart Co. 8-11 (4-7) Har, @CCC, @MC

Cheatham 3-17 (2-7) SC, @Har, @CW, @FV, @SC

Mont. Central 3-16 (1-9) Syc, @CW, SC, Har

If Waverly beats Fairview next week and they end the season with the same district record, I believe Waverly will get the seed based on beating Creekwood. Can anybody verify the tie breaking system for seeding?

He must be a changed boy!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

yeah i bet. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> i think he is playin baseball too. he also quit the baseball team at cheatham last year. so if he doesnt want to be known as a quiter theres only one way to fix it.... STOP QUITTING!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />