Gordonsville @ Friendship

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I didnt expect this. I thought you would come with the hip hip hooray we got your number speach. What you have said is very true. Not only for FC but GV. GV QB has been hampered by Hamstring injury since week zero. Finally came back to life in the Monterey game.

In the short time you've known me have I ever been a "Hip hip hooray we are gonna kill you" kinda guy? Well, with the exception of the waterwings i mean...

And Shizzle what would you (a Gordonsville fan) know about modesty. Seems like everyone of your posts start with "I", or "back in 2000-03 when I played for the Tigers".

Here's a prediction on the game tonight. All of Southern Smith Co (a.k.a. known as Gordonsville) has waited almost a year for tonight to get here and try to gain some sort of redempion against the defending Region 4 and State runner-up Commanders. After watching Gordonsville fall short in last years playoff game I thought that their coaches would use that loss (and their team's having to watch FC march to the Blue Cross Bowl) as motivation to prepare their 07 Tigers for this season. Apparently they did. They steamrolled (to borrow a term from over the mountain) thru every opponent in the spring and fall scrimmages until Smith went down with his leg injury. Now he's back and they are fully loaded for the Commanders. This game means more to Smith Co. South than their game vs. Smith Co. North. Ask anyone in G-ville which game they have had circled on the calendars and they won't hesitate in telling you FCS. Losing 5 in a row kid of has that effect on a team and community. The TIGERS will bring their A-game and should be a favorite.

While both teams lost important leadership from last year to graduation FC lost alot of this years SR leadership to injury when Alsup went down. His replacement, Maasen, has stepped in and is making great progress. He is a clutch player (in every sport) and usually raises his game up to the competition level. I would expect a big game from him tonight! I also expect Smith to play well for G-Ville provided he has time to throw. If he is scrambling for his life and limb (see SC and TC games) then he may struggle.

While all the talk generally focuses on both of these teams offenses I say that tonight's game will be decided by who plays the better defense. After all defense wins championships. The team who turns the ball over the least and shows up on big 4th down conversions will win.

I'll go against the odds and say FC upsets the preseason Coach T poll Region favorites.

FC = 26

Gordonsville =24

Mossy, try to enjoy what may be your final trip to Possumtown. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And Shizzle what would you (a Gordonsville fan) know about modesty. Seems like everyone of your posts start with "I", or "back in 2000-03 when I played for the Tigers".

Here's a prediction on the game tonight. All of Southern Smith Co (a.k.a. known as Gordonsville) has waited almost a year for tonight to get here and try to gain some sort of redempion against the defending Region 4 and State runner-up Commanders. After watching Gordonsville fall short in last years playoff game I thought that their coaches would use that loss (and their team's having to watch FC march to the Blue Cross Bowl) as motivation to prepare their 07 Tigers for this season. Apparently they did. They steamrolled (to borrow a term from over the mountain) thru every opponent in the spring and fall scrimmages until Smith went down with his leg injury. Now he's back and they are fully loaded for the Commanders. This game means more to Smith Co. South than their game vs. Smith Co. North. Ask anyone in G-ville which game they have had circled on the calendars and they won't hesitate in telling you FCS. Losing 5 in a row kid of has that effect on a team and community. The TIGERS will bring their A-game and should be a favorite.

While both teams lost important leadership from last year to graduation FC lost alot of this years SR leadership to injury when Alsup went down. His replacement, Maasen, has stepped in and is making great progress. He is a clutch player (in every sport) and usually raises his game up to the competition level. I would expect a big game from him tonight! I also expect Smith to play well for G-Ville provided he has time to throw. If he is scrambling for his life and limb (see SC and TC games) then he may struggle.

While all the talk generally focuses on both of these teams offenses I say that tonight's game will be decided by who plays the better defense. After all defense wins championships. The team who turns the ball over the least and shows up on big 4th down conversions will win.

I'll go against the odds and say FC upsets the preseason Coach T poll Region favorites.

FC = 26

Gordonsville =24

Mossy, try to enjoy what may be your final trip to Possumtown. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We all remember last year's game. Gville was the best team we faced all year, not counting JCS. It's ashame that only 1 team can come out of region 4.

MO$$$$, call me tonight and give me your number again, I keep forgetting to save it. I'll give you a call when I get to the stadium to meet up with ya!

could not make it tonite, my sister in law became very ill so we stayed close. listned to you guy's on the radio and know i missed a good one. congradulations on a great great win. good luck next week, but you know we are going to take care of things on the creekbank. from the way it sounded i think we will match up with them pretty well,but you guy's can let me no more about that later. rite now enjoy your big win!!!!!