WH Heritage at Jo Byrns

timbdp

This post goes out to the newest member of our cell phone scoreboard update service...What is your take on this game, AllRegionPatriot??

I think it is going to be a great game between 2 great teams. I think this may be the year Heritage wins it but they are gonna have to want to win and not play nervous. Both teams have a great offense and defense, the offenses are to good to not score and the defenses are to good to score to much on so I think both teams will be in the 20's. Heritage has a great kicker who was about 3 yards short on a 53 yarder just couple of weeks ago so I would not be suprised ot see that have an affect on the game also. Make sure you give me a ring this Friday night so I can getthe scores from you. Thanks bud

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about that every neutral person seems to think that the game will be close and that JB has a slight edge. When I read between the lines what I hear is that they want WHH to win but are too scared to come right out and say it. I still think that JB will when big.

When I read b/t the lines I believe you are referring to me b/c I said I give JBS a slight edge and NO I do not want WHH to win just to clear that up. I gave an objective opinion b/c I have been there in their spot (1993 state championship team, Springfield) and I know what goes on in the heads of the players and understand the concept of match-ups. Like it or not WHH does match up well w/ JBS and if the game is played at a slow tempo they will have a very good chance to win. I am pulling for JBS not only to win this game but also finally get through to the state title game and bring home another state title to Robertson Co. I also believe WHH can aid JBS in the play-offs by clearing the way for them; as much as everyone would like to see MP and JBS play for a 3rd strait year I would pick WHH to upset MP if they were to meet. I personally feel that would help JBS.....

Mckenzie Has Been Through The Meat of Thier Schedule, So Now I'm Scouting You Guys LOL. I Still looking Forward to Meeting the Rest of The Family Raynok, And Yourself. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Looking forward to it myself I had to miss last week, but will definatly be there this Friday.

I think it is going to be a great game between 2 great teams. I think this may be the year Heritage wins it but they are gonna have to want to win and not play nervous. Both teams have a great offense and defense, the offenses are to good to not score and the defenses are to good to score to much on so I think both teams will be in the 20's. Heritage has a great kicker who was about 3 yards short on a 53 yarder just couple of weeks ago so I would not be suprised ot see that have an affect on the game also. Make sure you give me a ring this Friday night so I can getthe scores from you. Thanks bud

Sounds like a fair assessment to me. I do think you're right about the score staying under 30 for both teams. I haven't heard much about your kicker, but that factors into games more than most people realize. Eagleville's starting position last Friday on MoMo's kickoffs was around the 10 yard line on the first 3 kickoffs. He was hitting them so high and they were being caught inside the 5 yard line. If you can make a team go 80+ yards on every possession momentum definitely swings in your favor. Good luck Friday. I can tell you in my opinion WHH would have to play the game of a lifetime to beat Jo Byrns. They are one of the best coached teams I've ever watched and they always have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess there fans are ok also... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

When I read b/t the lines I believe you are referring to me b/c I said I give JBS a slight edge and NO I do not want WHH to win just to clear that up. I gave an objective opinion b/c I have been there in their spot (1993 state championship team, Springfield) and I know what goes on in the heads of the players and understand the concept of match-ups. Like it or not WHH does match up well w/ JBS and if the game is played at a slow tempo they will have a very good chance to win. I am pulling for JBS not only to win this game but also finally get through to the state title game and bring home another state title to Robertson Co. I also believe WHH can aid JBS in the play-offs by clearing the way for them; as much as everyone would like to see MP and JBS play for a 3rd strait year I would pick WHH to upset MP if they were to meet. I personally feel that would help JBS.....

is this kevin carroll?

If Ya Saw My Sign, And You Knew Where I Was Standing? Where Was You When The Logger Was Trashing Me? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Wait A Minute, there Was two People Kicking Me. Huh?

Sorry I wouldn't be much help if Logger was getting you. I'm only 5'2.

No, I actually wasn't referring to you at all. Using the same language was just a coincidence. I was referreing to people all throughout the year on other threads. I do agree that they appear to match up very well. But I honestly do not think that our players will come out flat in this game. If they do then they will have bigger problems than WHH. Most of our key players have been in big games before and answered the challenge. I've seen WHH grow and play well over the years since they've been in our league and to overlook them would definately be a mistake. But we have a very gifted experienced coaching staff that will have the players ready for the game. There definately should not be a shortage of game film for either team to watch this week. Sorry you thought I was calling you out 1993 huh boy you make me feel old. This game certainly has a playoff atmosphere about Its almost like how the East Robertson Game used to be. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think if Jo Byrns comes out focused from the start they want have any problems with Heritage. If they wait until the second have to get started they will lose.

I agree, but they are going to have to stay focused the entire game. Even if they start out 14-0 they've got to keep coming at them. JB is finished with the powder puffs this year; from here on out they'll be facing some stiff competition and none of the remaining teams are going to fold just because JB has a lead. In my opinion, the playoffs start this week. Is JB a team living in the past? Is WHH "coming in '08" or is it '07? Who's the best 1A team in Robertson County? All of this can be decided if a few days. It's gonna be BIG, REAL BIG!