Science Hill 3-3, 5-5 wins over Campbell and Karns, loss to D-B

Sevier County 2-4, 3-7 losses to Jefferson and Bearden

Campbell County 2-4, 3-7 losses to Science Hill and D-B, win over Karns

Karns 0-6, 1-9 losses to D-B, Science Hill and Campbell Co

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I repeat a portion of my earlier post---THIS IS A PLAYOFF GAME FOR US!!!!

It's actually a playoff game for both teams. With the way the remaining region schedule is laid out the loser will be out and the winner will play in the post season (barring some unforseen major upsets that is). Unfortunately, with this being our worst team in at least 10 years it is kind of hard to really get pumped up for an extra game where you would just get annihilated by any number of good Region 2 squads.

I knew we would struggle coming out of the gate but this team has just not gotten any better since the opening kick off. Very fustrating season to say the least. It is one thing to lose a bunch of games that are at least still competitive going into the second half (see DB for an example) but it is all together a totally different animal when your getting your doors blown off by any semi-descent team before halftime.

A couple of weeks ago I would have layed odds that SC would take this elimination game. However, after JC's win against SH and our abysmal performance against DB I fear that with our fragile physcie we may just lay down for this one at the first sight of adversity. If JC gets up early I don't know if we have the resolve to make a comeback.

Shoot this horse and put it out of its misery.

JC - 24

SC - 14

It's actually a playoff game for both teams. With the way the remaining region schedule is laid out the loser will be out and the winner will play in the post season (barring some unforseen major upsets that is). Unfortunately, with this being our worst team in at least 10 years it is kind of hard to really get pumped up for an extra game where you would just get annihilated by any number of good Region 2 squads.

I knew we would struggle coming out of the gate but this team has just not gotten any better since the opening kick off. Very fustrating season to say the least. It is one thing to lose a bunch of games that are at least still competitive going into the second half (see DB for an example) but it is all together a totally different animal when your getting your doors blown off by any semi-descent team before halftime.

A couple of weeks ago I would have layed odds that SC would take this elimination game. However, after JC's win against SH and our abysmal performance against DB I fear that with our fragile physcie we may just lay down for this one at the first sight of adversity. If JC gets up early I don't know if we have the resolve to make a comeback.

Shoot this horse and put it out of its misery.

JC - 24

SC - 14

haha Thats good ol' fashioned Smokey Bear confidence right there.

Always tough to play in Seviers County, regardless of the sport. I think the boys can do it, they pulled out a tough one in Happy Town last week.

We need to break that streak the Fightin Partons have against us right now. GO PATRIOTS!

CC would only have to lose 2 games for us to clinch with a win, they have 2 conference losses like we do and 3 games left(SH, @DB, and Karns). They should lose to S.Hill and DB, though we should have beat them and not had to worry about it. In reality we probably shouldn`t even be worrying about all this stuff and just focus on beating Sevier County because nothing else can happen till we do that.

Do not count the cougars out just yet! The way we played against Bearden was pretty impressive... the problem is we dont play like that every week! If we beat SH and Karns we get the tie breakers because we beat Jeff... CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS TURNS OUT!

If Jefferson County beats Sevier County and Dobyns Bennett beats Science Hill I'll take the following:

#1 - Knox Bearden

#2 - Dobyns Bennett

#3 - Jefferson County (due to tiebreaker over Science Hill)

#4 - Science Hill

If Sevier County beats Jefferson County and Dobyns Bennett beats Science Hill I'll take the following:

#1 - Knox Bearden

#2 - Dobyns Bennett

#3 - Science Hill (due to tiebreaker over Sevier County)

#4 - Sevier County

If Campbell County beats Knox Karns and Science Hill, and Dobyns Bennett beats Science Hill, and Jefferson County beats Sevier County I’ll take the following:

#1 – Knox Bearden

#2 – Dobyns Bennett

#3 – Campbell County (due to tiebreakers over Jefferson County)

#4 – Jefferson County

In essence, it will be an interesting weekend for the #3 and #4 spot; however Dobyns Bennett isn’t out of the waters yet. Knox Bearden seems to be the only sure thing this year.

If Jefferson County beats Sevier County and Dobyns Bennett beats Science Hill I'll take the following:

#1 - Knox Bearden

#2 - Dobyns Bennett

#3 - Jefferson County (due to tiebreaker over Science Hill)

#4 - Science Hill

If Sevier County beats Jefferson County and Dobyns Bennett beats Science Hill I'll take the following:

#1 - Knox Bearden

#2 - Dobyns Bennett

#3 - Science Hill (due to tiebreaker over Sevier County)

#4 - Sevier County

If Campbell County beats Knox Karns and Science Hill, and Dobyns Bennett beats Science Hill, and Jefferson County beats Sevier County I’ll take the following:

#1 – Knox Bearden

#2 – Dobyns Bennett

#3 – Campbell County (due to tiebreakers over Jefferson County)

#4 – Jefferson County

In essence, it will be an interesting weekend for the #3 and #4 spot; however Dobyns Bennett isn’t out of the waters yet. Knox Bearden seems to be the only sure thing this year.

The chips are on the line . Good luck Pats.