2A Camden goes to 4A Jackson Northside

Lions4ever

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the ball being ripped loose by a dt and an lb. I saw HC backs being hit and driven back 3 times on 4th down. I saw a long Westview td called back, too. I saw Westview's offense make !st down after 1st down and HC could not do any thing about it. I saw Westview win the kicking game. I saw Westview score 18 and I saw HC score 7. I saw a HC defense with no answer for counters and qb sweeps. I saw a sad dejected bunch of folks wearing red that looked pretty whipped to me. I didn't see any "cans" being opened. I'm talking a big ole CASE of whoop***. I stand by my statement that I think Camden is a better TEAM than Henry County. If you're going to whine about penalties and fumbles then have your players not fumble or get silly penalties. It's part of the game.

So proud aren't you? I saw a good team from Westview capitalize on mistakes like a good team should. Sorry pal, I can get you some copies of film to see the unforced fumbles. You guys won. Plain and simple. No cans of anything were opened. However, you did open a couple of cans on Dresden and Peabody.

Good luck, Camden Lions. They may have a bigger band. They will have more students enrolled. They may even dress more people out. What they won't have is as many football players or Coach Ward and his staff.

Thanks Chevy...I'm not sure how this game will go. Depends on who plays and who doesn't. Why risk reinjuring some of our best players just for braggin rights..especially considering we still have a couple more region games to get through (hopefully injury free!). But I have to say I would love to see Berry and Williams picking the Indians defense apart...I guess we'll just have to see Friday /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks Chevy...I'm not sure how this game will go. Depends on who plays and who doesn't. Why risk reinjuring some of our best players just for braggin rights..especially considering we still have a couple more region games to get through (hopefully injury free!). But I have to say I would love to see Berry and Williams picking the Indians defense apart...I guess we'll just have to see Friday /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Luck Lions. I will have to pull for our Region brothers though. You should be able to win, but if you go into this game without being prepared and holding players out then the Indians and the Mann kid will beat you. This is a team improving game to game. Hope you guys have a great injury free game!

So proud aren't you? I saw a good team from Westview capitalize on mistakes like a good team should. Sorry pal, I can get you some copies of film to see the unforced fumbles. You guys won. Plain and simple. No cans of anything were opened. However, you did open a couple of cans on Dresden and Peabody.

As compared to beating hapless Northwest, Liberty, JCM and Brighton[ we used to schedule them for homecoming]. Yes, I am proud and WhenBigRedforLife or whoever disputed the OPINION that Camden is a better TEAM than Henry County by stating that I obviously had not seen HC , I felt inclined to inform him that, indeed, I had seen them play. His [and your] interpretation of what transpired and my interpretation are simply different. Isn't it possible that Westview or Camden is just better than some of their 4a cousins? Can you not just consider that possibility? I notice that HC posters often gleefully proclaim their superiority over their opponents when they win, but take umbrage when it is suggested or proclaimed[ as in my case] that someone,anyone could just have a better team. That seems rather myoptic and chauvinistic to me. By the way, I opened a couple of cans when I got back to Martin.

basically all i see that you are opening is your BIG MOUTH and thats the way it usually goes

When one has no good argument one often engages in ad hominem attacks [ attacking the messenger}. Notice that I have not called you names or attacked your character. Here are some facts for you. Henry County lost to Westview,regardless of the excuses with which Henry County fans continue to delude themselves. The game was played in Paris at your field with your refs. Here is an opinion. Both Camden and Westview have better teams than Henry County. Live with it.

i dont like it when people do like me and you have done on here so im sorry Camden has a good team just like HC does and thats it. lets just wait and see who will still be playing in December?

Works for me.

As compared to beating hapless Northwest, Liberty, JCM and Brighton[ we used to schedule them for homecoming]. Yes, I am proud and WhenBigRedforLife or whoever disputed the OPINION that Camden is a better TEAM than Henry County by stating that I obviously had not seen HC , I felt inclined to inform him that, indeed, I had seen them play. His [and your] interpretation of what transpired and my interpretation are simply different. Isn't it possible that Westview or Camden is just better than some of their 4a cousins? Can you not just consider that possibility? I notice that HC posters often gleefully proclaim their superiority over their opponents when they win, but take umbrage when it is suggested or proclaimed[ as in my case] that someone,anyone could just have a better team. That seems rather myoptic and chauvinistic to me. By the way, I opened a couple of cans when I got back to Martin.

What is your big problem? Nobody over here is saying anything bad about Westview or Camden. I am not sure where you are noticing that HC posters are gleefully proclaiming anything in a cocky, disrespectful way (such as you are in your victory). Nor do I see any excuses being made by those fans that I know. Of course its possible that Westview and Camden are better. This whole deal about 2A vs. 4A is irrelevant. You put 11 men on the field, no more and no less. On the same note, isn't it possible that during the Henry County game the Patriots just didn't prepare well, came out unfocused with an attitude that they would just win by showing up playing a "2A school?" Of course it is! We all know that if you carry an attitude like that you will lose. So who knows. Westview is a great team this year, just look at the AP poll. You are only behind Goodpasture and Alcoa. Same goes for Henry County. I personally don't put Camden in that same company just yet. So why not just leave it at that. We will not meet again til next year - on your home turf.

If I am not mistaken, Camden was asked by HC to play because of big gate money, less travel, both being good teams, etc. They would not. Westview is undefeated, obviously a great team. They outplayed us that night. However, I think if we played them 10 times, we would win at least 8 of them. Just my opinion; we are all entitled to one. Go Westview! Stay undefeated!

By the way, is either team 4 or 5 A? If not, why are we even discussing it on this thread?

2a vs. 4a, Camden vs. Henry County. The teams have not and will not play, so this could go on forever!!! And in the end, it doesn't mean squat!!! Just agree to disagree, besides isn't this a Camden vs NS thread? If HC didn't have a game this week, I would probably attend this game. I hope Camden fields it's finest and makes a game out it.

2a vs. 4a, Camden vs. Henry County. The teams have not and will not play, so this could go on forever!!! And in the end, it doesn't mean squat!!! Just agree to disagree, besides isn't this a Camden vs NS thread? If HC didn't have a game this week, I would probably attend this game. I hope Camden fields it's finest and makes a game out it.

Sounds good to me.