CSAS or Grace.. Who wins Region

Wildcatcoach

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how much you can base on a play day but I thought both teams had their moments, good and bad. CSAS, I think, was the only team their that was not impacted by having a football team. I will wait until they play each other in regular season to form an opinion.

yeah i understand about the football thing, but Grace, the team being talked about, isnt affected that much by football. They still had all of their main scorers, so its fair to form an opinion comparing them to CSAS i think.

yeah i understand about the football thing, but Grace, the team being talked about, isnt affected that much by football. They still had all of their main scorers, so its fair to form an opinion comparing them to CSAS i think.

They probably have about 9 kids on the football team going out for basketball, several of whom are varsity players, with two possible starters in that mix. I don??™t think the impact will be on talent as much as chemistry. It will definitely add more depth. I thought both teams faired well against the rest, but I think Red Bank, McMinn Central and Baylor were all missing starters due to football.

They probably have about 9 kids on the football team going out for basketball, several of whom are varsity players, with two possible starters in that mix. I don??™t think the impact will be on talent as much as chemistry. It will definitely add more depth. I thought both teams faired well against the rest, but I think Red Bank, McMinn Central and Baylor were all missing starters due to football.

if were talkin chemistry Arts and sciences has more chemistry than any team in the region maybe more than any other team in the area.....after seeing yesterday im going to have to lean more to AS as my favorite in the region....but as far as grace goes i was impressed at how much "shaugnesy" has improved and i think it will be a close race but i believe AS has just as much talent and they like playing with each other.....it doesent really look like the grace team likes each other and i think that will be a factor....

I agree with what you guys are saying about Brandon Herman, he is by far the best player on grace's team. The problem is that he knows he is, and sometimes he tries to take over a little bit ott much. There were several times when he pulled up for a tough jumper instead of dumping it down low to a cutting man or to one of their twin towers. Unless Grace builds some chemistry, i see them falling apart midseason.

Is it just me, or does McMasters not try half the time? It seems like he has no desire, no competitive drive? Anybody think that he might sleepwalk through this season and look ahead to college ball?

I agree with what you guys are saying about Brandon Herman, he is by far the best player on grace's team. The problem is that he knows he is, and sometimes he tries to take over a little bit ott much. There were several times when he pulled up for a tough jumper instead of dumping it down low to a cutting man or to one of their twin towers. Unless Grace builds some chemistry, i see them falling apart midseason.

Is it just me, or does McMasters not try half the time? It seems like he has no desire, no competitive drive? Anybody think that he might sleepwalk through this season and look ahead to college ball?

yeah i dont think he tryed that much.

really to me the only time i saw him hustle was when he saw an oppurtunity to swat someones shot.

and some of the shot selections he took were a little questionable trying to shoot off the dribble instead of catching and shooting.

there are deffinetley some chemistry issues with grace, they need to make some changes...fast.