FATHER RYAN VS MBA

fiftyfifty

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me chime in on this Rivalry talk......I graduated from Ryan in the early seventies and I can only remember one Ryan-MBA game that I have missed in that time...For me and friends in my era, this was the ultimate can`t miss game each year....The `71 game at Vandy with 28,000 was as great an atmosphere as I can remember....There have been thrillers as well as blowouts on both sides in the history of this series.......This is the 75th meeting and although the Irish have not won in the last ten years, us older guys still see this as "the game" each year....I have nothing but respect and admiration for both schools as they admirably fulfill their respective educational missions...Except for a couple of years, these two fine schools have been playing each other since 1926....Most lifelong Nashvillians have probably seen at least one Ryan-MBA game....For me, it is an honor and privliege to witness this gridiron showdown each year....Sure, there are the Brentwood Academy and now Ensworth games that have great meaning for MBA as well as Ryan`s budding rivalry with JPII, but I still say Ryan-MBA is "THE Game"

Here`s to a injury free and great football game on Friday! I`m sure I`ll see some of my old friends from BOTH schools....

Let me chime in on this Rivalry talk......I graduated from Ryan in the early seventies and I can only remember one Ryan-MBA game that I have missed in that time...For me and friends in my era, this was the ultimate can`t miss game each year....The `71 game at Vandy with 28,000 was as great an atmosphere as I can remember....There have been thrillers as well as blowouts on both sides in the history of this series.......This is the 75th meeting and although the Irish have not won in the last ten years, us older guys still see this as "the game" each year....I have nothing but respect and admiration for both schools as they admirably fulfill their respective educational missions...Except for a couple of years, these two fine schools have been playing each other since 1926....Most lifelong Nashvillians have probably seen at least one Ryan-MBA game....For me, it is an honor and privliege to witness this gridiron showdown each year....Sure, there are the Brentwood Academy and now Ensworth games that have great meaning for MBA as well as Ryan`s budding rivalry with JPII, but I still say Ryan-MBA is "THE Game"

Here`s to a injury free and great football game on Friday! I`m sure I`ll see some of my old friends from BOTH schools....

Could't have said it better myself. You are very much so correct. At the end of the day the only people who can do the talking is both teams on Friday.

Could't have said it better myself. You are very much so correct. At the end of the day the only people who can do the talking is both teams on Friday.

And you'll find they don't do a lot of talking. My recollection of my one game against Ryan was that there was a palpable hatred, but a great deal of respect. It was a very hard-fought game decided in the last 3 minutes on a Ryan kick-off return for a tocudown, after 3 lead changes in the 4th quarter.

It was a classy showing from both teams, and i suspect we'll see the same thing Friday.

And you'll find they don't do a lot of talking. My recollection of my one game against Ryan was that there was a palpable hatred, but a great deal of respect. It was a very hard-fought game decided in the last 3 minutes on a Ryan kick-off return for a tocudown, after 3 lead changes in the 4th quarter.

It was a classy showing from both teams, and i suspect we'll see the same thing Friday.

It will be a war out there on Friday. Between the players, the utilization of all strength, determination, and luck will make for a physically draining and emotional game.

In the stands, it will look like one heck of a football game. Too bad I wont be there!

It will be a war out there on Friday. Between the players, the utilization of all strength, determination, and luck will make for a physically draining and emotional game.

In the stands, it will look like one heck of a football game. Too bad I wont be there!

Son allow me to tell you one thing: This is a high school football game and nothing more. Both of these teams are good but they are both a long way from being national championship quality. War is sure to include death when some sons and now daughters don't come home to their families alive and have been placed in a pine box. May both teams play the game hard and the best team win the game but never ever confuse a high school football game with death.

Son allow me to tell you one thing: This is a high school football game and nothing more. Both of these teams are good but they are both a long way from being national championship quality. War is sure to include death when some sons and now daughters don't come home to their families alive and have been placed in a pine box. May both teams play the game hard and the best team win the game but never ever confuse a high school football game with death.

i couldnt agree more.

It's a figure of speech. He doesn't really mean like a war.

I don't think the poster was using the term war in any way other than to express a point about the game. This is done every day by thousands of people describing sports. Who cares about any national championship or have even remotely implied anything of the sort. Take a chill pill, the poster was not associating a football game with death, you are in a minority if you do. And don't call me son, I am probably as old as you are. PS I know about war on a most personal basis. My post stands as is. Back to the football game between two of the finest schools in the state of Tennessee or anywhere for that matter. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />