Reg 2 Dist. 4 A

catmommy

I would take Coalfield over Wartburg right now, even with their banged up players. By the Wartburg game all injuries should be healed anyway, and you can get your facts straight, there was only 1 knee injury last night. Anyway, Wartburg may be a good team, but the Lady Jackets fight hard and have good floor chemistry. Honestly, both teams have a really good chance in this game, but its not right to say that one team will beat the other banged up players or not...All we can do is wait and see... Well, Good Luck Lady Jackets!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Wartburg and Coalfield play this year. Yes, Coalfield has played a softer schedule so far. Got to give an edge to Wartburg because Coalfield has to play Oakdale this Friday already banged up and most likely it will be a physical game. Can Coalfield get through that game without any more injuries. Will Wartburg get Coalfield (A game) or will they be so banged up Wartburg get's by. Time will tell

I was shocked at how sloppy the lady dogs looked at Harriman last night. They were up against a very athletic Harriman team but should have won by 25! 42 in the post played really weak and seemed afraid of the bigger stronger Harriman posts. If Settles and Staten hadn't been able to squeeze some points out Wartburg would have lost this one. In my opinion 11, 22, 1, and 30 played better than the others for the dogs.

I was equally shocked at how calm coach davis was when the offense was struggling. He usually explodes when his kids play that poorly! I wonder why he didn't play more people?

I don't feel like Wartburg can beat Coalfield without playing much better as a team. They had no movement on O, rarely took the ball inside, but were still one of the better defensive teams I've seen this year holding Harriman to 2 points in the first and 6 in the fourth!

I've told everyone that Wartburg isn't going to be anywhere close to where they should be for ever now. They have talent but it takes more than talent. Talked to a guy that was at their game and he said that they quit about half way through the second quarter and JD pushed them the rest of the way home. He actually said that Davis did a pretty good job. He was like you playermom he said it was the first time he had ever seen JD not bench the entire team for playing the way they played early in the first. I cant imagine why he didn't blow up. I watched him blow up on his team last year in the Middle School and was glad he was at WB and not Oakdale. I guess if I was giving an opionon on the team now it would be that JD is a bit stronger in X's and O's and much more adult like, than I had said early on. Heard that statan and settles played well also.

Updated predictions

Oakdale 59-Coalfield 30

Coalfield 74-Wartburg 62

I would take Coalfield over Wartburg right now, even with their banged up players. By the Wartburg game all injuries should be healed anyway, and you can get your facts straight, there was only 1 knee injury last night. Anyway, Wartburg may be a good team, but the Lady Jackets fight hard and have good floor chemistry. Honestly, both teams have a really good chance in this game, but its not right to say that one team will beat the other banged up players or not...All we can do is wait and see... Well, Good Luck Lady Jackets!

Sorry, I heard they had a couple of injuries against Monterey, but I wasn't there so I'm wrong. I've just heard they've had a lot of kids not healthy and that makes it tough. It's hard to develop a good rotation and chemistry when you have a different group seemingly every week.

BTW, what about OS knocking off Glory Johnson and Webb. That one surprised me.

Big surprise. O.S showed up ready to play. I really dont think they could have played too much better. That was the team i have been waiting to see. They shut down webbs gaurds and held johnson to 20. Faith had a great game with 25. Christophers 30, Bargers 10, Halls 8 were the big ones. But everyone pitched in. I think everyone who stepped on the court scored but each person had big plays. It was an overall great win. OS's post players finaly stepped up big. As long as they dont get satisfied and keep the intensity up... OS WILL BE FINE!!!

Watching Coalfield and Oakdale play it is clear that Coalfield is for real this year. Jordan and Scarbrough are the real deal. They kept the jackets in the game for the most part.

I heard that Wartburg got drilled by Clarkrange 30+ points. I saw Oakdale and Clarkrange play and it was pretty close. 15 points I think. So with that said I can give a gameday summary

Oakdale 56 Monterey 49

Monterey can't match our size and we will do a better job dealing with their point guard than coalfield did.

Coalfield 74 Wartburg 59

I just don't think wartburg can match athletes with the likes of Landrum, Jordan, Scarbrough, and Walls