9AA Picks

MIDTN

Hume-Fogg won over Pearl Cohn last night 56 to 33. I hope the Lady Knights start getting some respect because they keep proving everyone wrong!l

e

They deserve much respect. They are doing this with 3 Freshmen playing. They will have their hands full on Friday with East coming off a big win.

Checked the ol Tennessean archives and saw that HF won the first matchup but East was leading after three quarters. Should be a good game.

Any predictions.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

e

They deserve much respect. They are doing this with 3 Freshmen playing. They will have their hands full on Friday with East coming off a big win.

Checked the ol Tennessean archives and saw that HF won the first matchup but East was leading after three quarters. Should be a good game.

Any predictions.

Yes here is a prediction:

Head coach will do a lot of clapping and stomping around and the assistant will do a lot of whining.

The win over Ezell is exactly what East Lit needed to gain confidence. Both teams are physical, but I would give the 'physical edge' to Hume Fogg. I read all the posts about how physical East Lit was with Ezell. I have seen them play twice, and they did not appear overly physical to me. Hume Fogg was more physical than any team I've seen play this year. Wish I could be there to see this one. I think this will be a great match-up. East Lit is going to have to rely on their outside shooting, because Hume Fogg has a great zone defense. I saw HF on their home court, and they are deceptively strong in the lane. Again...if it comes down to who is more physical...it will be HF. I am personally pulling for East Lit. I think they are a great group of kids with an excellent coach. They will be a strong contender for years to come in 9AA.

9AA Scores and Standings January 25, 2008

Ezell Harding 61, Pearl Cohn 31

CPA 42, FRA 37

David Lisbcomb 54, Martin Luther King 33

Hume Fogg 66, East Lit 54

Standings

Ezell Harding 19-4(9-1) next game at CPA

Hume Fogg 13-8(8-2) next game at David Libscomb

David Libscomb 17-4(8-2)next game vs Hume Fogg

Pearl Cohn 9-6(5-5) next game at FRA

CPA 9-8(4-6) next game vs Ezell Harding

FRA 12-10(4-6) next game vs Pearl Cohn

East Lit 6-12(2-8) next game at Martin Luther King

Martin Luther King 2-16(0-10) next game vs East Lit

TUESDAY NIGHT GAME WATCH:HUME FOGG AT DAVID LIBSCOMB

9AA Scores and Standings January 25, 2008

Ezell Harding 61, Pearl Cohn 31

CPA 42, FRA 37

David Lisbcomb 54, Martin Luther King 33

Hume Fogg 66, East Lit 54

Standings

Ezell Harding 19-4(9-1) next game at CPA

Hume Fogg 13-8(8-2) next game at David Libscomb

David Libscomb 17-4(8-2)next game vs Hume Fogg

Pearl Cohn 9-6(5-5) next game at FRA

CPA 9-8(4-6) next game vs Ezell Harding

FRA 12-10(4-6) next game vs Pearl Cohn

East Lit 6-12(2-8) next game at Martin Luther King

Martin Luther King 2-16(0-10) next game vs East Lit

TUESDAY NIGHT GAME WATCH:HUME FOGG AT DAVID LIBSCOMB

David Lipscomb and Hume Fogg will be a great game. The loser will knock themselves out of the District Championship race.

Hume Fogg has been playing well, it will be a big test. HF is not ready to beat Lipscomb at Home, I pick Lipscomb by 8.

Congrats to Ezell harding winning big against Pearl Cohn. Without Leah McCalister. Guess the guards that are so bad are really not so bad. The post players who are not that good must be really pretty good. Funny how a team is 8-0 in the district and loses a game, then others in the district talk about how bad the players are. I would think if they were that bad they would not be 9-1. What do I know?

It is really good to see Emily Canaday's name in the Box Score for FRA, she is truly their best player and she deserved to get to play her senior season. I hope your injury healed enough to allow you to play the rest of the year. You are a great player who deserved the press you would have gotten if you had been healthy. I think if you had been healthy you would be up against Mcallister for MVP of your District.

Lipscomb +8

Ezell +10...without Mcallister

FRA gets revenge against PC, PC let me introduce you to EC! FRA+9

East Lit gets their 3rd district win vs. MLK

David Lipscomb and Hume Fogg will be a great game. The loser will knock themselves out of the District Championship race.

Hume Fogg has been playing well, it will be a big test. HF is not ready to beat Lipscomb at Home, I pick Lipscomb by 8.

Congrats to Ezell harding winning big against Pearl Cohn. Without Leah McCalister. Guess the guards that are so bad are really not so bad. The post players who are not that good must be really pretty good. Funny how a team is 8-0 in the district and loses a game, then others in the district talk about how bad the players are. I would think if they were that bad they would not be 9-1. What do I know?

It is really good to see Emily Canaday's name in the Box Score for FRA, she is truly their best player and she deserved to get to play her senior season. I hope your injury healed enough to allow you to play the rest of the year. You are a great player who deserved the press you would have gotten if you had been healthy. I think if you had been healthy you would be up against Mcallister for MVP of your District.

Lipscomb +8

Ezell +10...without Mcallister

FRA gets revenge against PC, PC let me introduce you to EC! FRA+9

East Lit gets their 3rd district win vs. MLK

FRA could be the nightmare draw in the district. Here is a team playing so far under their potential that it is hard to describe. The kids have tried to play with young players, hurt players, now the star is back but obviously rusty....who is suppose to do what? I can see FRA struggle next week but could come around at district time. Two weeks from now if Emily is truly well enough to play throw your scouting reports away- Ezell cannot be touched in 9aa in the district but the rest could go down to the Panthers. In any case I have watched Canady for three years...its fitting for Miss Hustle to end her senior season on the court. Great kid and great player..

I'm on the 'great to have Cannady back" bandwagon. This is her senior year, and she deserves to be on the court with her teammates (win or lose)!

Face it folks, in 9AA...any team on any night.... Ezell has proven they are beatable. Hume Fogg has turned out to be the physical powerhouse in the district. East Lit ...so much heart, you cannot help but root for them. Lipscomb, solid as usual, but very unpredictable. Their two losses in the district came in OT to Ezell and double OT with HF. If Lipscomb would use their athletism and speed, they could be a strong contender for the district. Everyone has figured out Lipscomb...run a zone defense, and you have a defensive battle vs. an offensive battle. I still think that if DL went to their run and gun style of past, they would be dominating the district. CPA has Hardiman. I cannot believe that she is not the primary go-to-girl for that team like McCallister is for Ezell and Ross for DL. CPA is a lot like Lipscomb this year, but they aren't utilizing Hardiman like they should. If the ball is in her hands, she makes things happen. Ezell presses, and relies heavily on their 3 point game. The district tournament is really going to depend on how the refs call the games. Ezell and HF are both very physical teams. It will depend on how the games are called and if foul trouble changes the line-ups and style of play. I'm all for a good old fashioned physical game (within reason). It should be interesting. I really think the reffing will determine this tournament. So much for my arm chair 3 pointers. Good luck to all. 9AA does not get the credit they deserve, and I hope one of these teams make it to the Boro.

FRA could be the nightmare draw in the district. Here is a team playing so far under their potential that it is hard to describe. The kids have tried to play with young players, hurt players, now the star is back but obviously rusty....who is suppose to do what? I can see FRA struggle next week but could come around at district time. Two weeks from now if Emily is truly well enough to play throw your scouting reports away- Ezell cannot be touched in 9aa in the district but the rest could go down to the Panthers. In any case I have watched Canady for three years...its fitting for Miss Hustle to end her senior season on the court. Great kid and great player..

Regarding my daugher, Emily Canady. Thanks to everyone for the great words of encouragement and non-competitive appreciation for her talents. She IS a great kid, and I'm most proud of that part of her.

Sitting there last night at CPA, watching her test the waters after being out so long, made me realize that I'm just glad for her that she's able to get back out on the floor for her senior year. She was SO excited just to be out there playing a sport she loves, no matter how much she's able to play and how the season turns out.

The FRA girls have battled with their hearts, re-configuring after having a key contributing player on the TEAM (not "the star" as everyone keeps trying to say) placed out of the mix. They've worked hard, solidying their defense and stepping up the offense to fill in the gap.

While it hasn't always turned out the way we want, in the end, it's about the girls and how they feel about themselves.

Thanks again!