9AA Picks

MIDTN

Lipscomb should not have lost

Pearl cohn should have lost

The coaches over at East should be happy,the future is looking bright, their young team of sophomores, have knocked off two teams thought to be pretty good. I think this gives them 4 district wins. Their out of control style could cause problems for Giles or Marshall County in the region. The upside is that over the next two years if the coaches will commit to developing these tallented young ladies not only can they make it to the state championship, some of them could be looking at D-1 scholorships. What these girls have going against them is that the attend a Metro School and usually the coaches don't follow through and the girls dont get any better over the next two years. So what are you gonna do PC?

(Not pearl cohn)

Now on the otherhand over at CPA, the win over Pearl Cohn was expected. This team has proven that against state caliber teams, like LA that they can lose them by 40+. Unlike East there does not seem to be a bright spot on the Horizon for CPA. They must first higher a Coach. If their committed pay him/her some of that Maddux money. Second they probably should try and talk the 8th grader into staying. This team has beaten East 2 times and it will be hard to beat them a 3rd. I still dont understand why all of you brilliant coaches dont just zone East and make them beat you outside. They are young and have yet to develop an outside game. Once they develop an outside shooting game, this team will be unbeatable..I digress. Cpa got a great draw into the tournament, I hope you coach send roses over to east for knocking off lipscomb.

East should look at all of their extra games as practice for the future, Cpa should count themselves as lucky to be here.

The real suprise is Hume Fogg. What a great season for the #3 team in the district. Knocking off FRA with Canaday was an impressive win. Keep up the great play and have fun in the region.

Big Chief: I was wrong you guys are not going home...congratualtions! lol

I wasn't even going to respond to you until the I saw the PC comment. He knew who you were as well. The old Rotary days. You said you laughed the other day because I didn't know who you are. Wrong. I know EXACTLY who you are. Oh yeah, Mr. Sewell still goes down to the river only now at Antioch. LOL

Good luck the rest of the way.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't even going to respond to you until the I saw the PC comment. He knew who you were as well. The old Rotary days. You said you laughed the other day because I didn't know who you are. Wrong. I know EXACTLY who you are. Oh yeah, Mr. Sewell still goes down to the river only now at Antioch. LOL

Good luck the rest of the way.

Went down to the River...ya man lol

Great

Did not know he was coaching there. Good to see all is well. All bulldogs believe in playing tough.

You guys go put a whoopin on CPA, well see you at the game

I should be on here saying that CPA has the best team in the state....except since I need credibility I will say that out of 111 aa teams that CPA played the 83rd hardest schedule. They are 53rd out of 111 in success ratings, hume fogg is 47th. Against the 83rd toughest schedule in AA they have amassed an impressive 16-12 record. Placing them in 32 overall place. With the best 8 expected to go to murfreesboro I would see them as a lock. lol

Your arrogance and sarcasm is amazing. It really does not matter to me how bad Ezell may beat CPA or whom ever because at the end of ther day I am not you and that makes for a great day.

Now on the otherhand over at CPA, the win over Pearl Cohn was expected. This team has proven that against state caliber teams, like LA that they can lose them by 40+. Unlike East there does not seem to be a bright spot on the Horizon for CPA. They must first higher a Coach. If their committed pay him/her some of that Maddux money. fun in the region.

Brilliant....."higher a coach"? You mean "hire" right? Mike Ellson is the AD at CPA and a former varsity boys coach who is on an eight game winning streak with a team that WAS ranked at the bottom pre-season. He's also turned a roster of five into a deep roster of 10 girls that can all have impact in any game. And...he hired Drew Maddux. What CPA needs to do is: NOT CHANGE A THING!

Upperman played teams out of their region, teams that are considered good teams and beat them. Their region was also extremely tough. Jackson Northside may have won a lot of games but they did not play the competition that upperman has played. York had a dominate post player last year...hows she doing? Oh she started at Vanderbilt, I think they won the sec last night. There is no one at Northside who can compare. Northside should becareful about saying they will blow out upperman. Upperman has a great team. We heard the same hype about Mcnairy and Liberty Tech ..........where are they?

Spring Break about 8 months of it.....

State Tournament Championship Night Tickets .................... $ 10

State Tournament Wilson Basketball .................................. $ 40

Lipscomb getting bounced in the

first round of the district tournament ................................. Priceless

(Especially Priceless for you shpshter93 !!!)

Last year after McNairy and Liberty lost in the sectionals shpshter93 had some

ugly comments about these two teams having an extended spring break.

first round of the district tournament ................................. Priceless

Thanks for remembering me..only one year dont hold a grudge. lol I think it would be unfair for me to lie to people about their teams. If I was ugly by telling you that McNairy and Liberty would not advance, this was not being ugly...this was being right! You folks should stop lying to yourself. I can guarentee you that lipscomb fans do not claim me. This could be the funniest post all year. The person you heard announcing the upset the loudest was me. But last year when you guys were trashing upperman, austin east, Marshall and Lipscomb, I simply told you that these teams would send your arrogant teams home. Thats what they did. Get over it. If you want people to tell you how great you are go play at the Y. Hows McNairy and Liberty doing this season? NEXT

Your arrogance and sarcasm is amazing. It really does not matter to me how bad Ezell may beat CPA or whom ever because at the end of ther day I am not you and that makes for a great day.

Thanks /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />)

I was responding to someone (CPA Coach) who said I should check my facts before commenting. I was just giving him the facts that I used as a basis for my decision. I am sorry if I offended you. But, I could lie and tell you that CPA is great. just dont feel like it.

You have a great day being you.

Brilliant....."higher a coach"? You mean "hire" right? Mike Ellson is the AD at CPA and a former varsity boys coach who is on an eight game winning streak with a team that WAS ranked at the bottom pre-season. He's also turned a roster of five into a deep roster of 10 girls that can all have impact in any game. And...he hired Drew Maddux. What CPA needs to do is: NOT CHANGE A THING!

Sorry did not know I would be checked for spelling.Is this Mrs Dill, my high school english teacher! well I never really liked you anyway. I am not saying the AD is doing a bad job. I said hire (better?) a coach. I think the Ad has done a great job after the quick departure of his head coach. Where you getting your information? This team was ranked first in district 9AA by "on the Ball" magazine, there is no way they were ranked last anywhere. His winning streak is actually 9 games.

Good luck in the District. We will see how bad the region is. I LOVE CPA...does that make you all happy!

I will have to say these post from the CPA fans have been great...they are the funniest fans ever, they have no idea of reality, but they are funny. I will say this is the best 32 ranked 16-12 team out there and your uniforms look nice. rofl

P.S. while I am at it...the visitors sit across from the scorer's table in every gym in the country.

Guest bballmom10

It's very easy to slam schools and players when you are posting on a site and 99% of the readers have no idea who you are. Remember that on everyone of these teams are girls who have worked hours and hours and given up a lot for their team. East Lit deserved their win over Lipscomb, they played better on Tuesday night. Quite frankly, Lipscomb was outcoached. But...there's nothing "priceless" about them being knocked out of the tournament. Honestly, basketball is nothing in the great scheme of life so your comment shouldn't matter. Unfortunately, I know the 3 seniors on the team and I am hurt for them. They are 3 fine PEOPLE. The fact that Ross is an excellent ball player is secondary to what kind of human she is. These girls have given up many weekends with friends, trips out of town over Christmas and during summer break. They are no different from any other player in any other country that way. Remember though, these 3 girls will be writing your prescriptions for anti depressants and representing your soon to be ex spouse one day in court. They also wouldn't rip off a credit card commercial in an attempt to insult kids. It's a lot of fun to analyze games and see other people's perspectives on coaches and styles so let's stick to that. It's a game and there are winners and losers in the game. The next day they move on and in the case of the 3 Lipscomb seniors they wake up as graduates of distinction, top 10%of their class, homecoming queen, miss lipscomb....and on and on. I am just happy that the talent in the district has grown so much and the schools are all finding importance in women's sport. This has been a fun year in 9AA

It's very easy to slam schools and players when you are posting on a site and 99% of the readers have no idea who you are. Remember that on everyone of these teams are girls who have worked hours and hours and given up a lot for their team. East Lit deserved their win over Lipscomb, they played better on Tuesday night. Quite frankly, Lipscomb was outcoached. But...there's nothing "priceless" about them being knocked out of the tournament. Honestly, basketball is nothing in the great scheme of life so your comment shouldn't matter. Unfortunately, I know the 3 seniors on the team and I am hurt for them. They are 3 fine PEOPLE. The fact that Ross is an excellent ball player is secondary to what kind of human she is. These girls have given up many weekends with friends, trips out of town over Christmas and during summer break. They are no different from any other player in any other country that way. Remember though, these 3 girls will be writing your prescriptions for anti depressants and representing your soon to be ex spouse one day in court. They also wouldn't rip off a credit card commercial in an attempt to insult kids. It's a lot of fun to analyze games and see other people's perspectives on coaches and styles so let's stick to that. It's a game and there are winners and losers in the game. The next day they move on and in the case of the 3 Lipscomb seniors they wake up as graduates of distinction, top 10%of their class, homecoming queen, miss lipscomb....and on and on. I am just happy that the talent in the district has grown so much and the schools are all finding importance in women's sport. This has been a fun year in 9AA

Thank you. Well said. God bless all these kids and I pray that we as parents (and coaches) have not screwed them up too much.

I will have to say these post from the CPA fans have been great...they are the funniest fans ever, they have no idea of reality, but they are funny. I will say this is the best 32 ranked 16-12 team out there and your uniforms look nice. rofl

I think CPA fans, players and coaches all know exactly what reality is. And reality is they have girls that work hard and compete and get the most of their ability regardless of the outcome and without concern on how they are ranked on CoachT.

They also know the reality of the real world is that there are spineless, arrogant, imbeciles in the world that think it is funny to make fun of and demoralize young girls.

I'm with tnladytiger, thank God at night when I go to bed I am not you.

I think CPA fans, players and coaches all know exactly what reality is. And reality is they have girls that work hard and compete and get the most of their ability regardless of the outcome and without concern on how they are ranked on CoachT.

They also know the reality of the real world is that there are spineless, arrogant, imbeciles in the world that think it is funny to make fun of and demoralize young girls.

I'm with tnladytiger, thank God at night when I go to bed I am not you.

Well If your life is about calling people who quote you the facts spineless and arrogant, you could not be me. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I have not said anything about the players at CPA. I have used the stats to prove my argument. I guess when you dont like the truth you resort to 5th grade name calling. If you want to teach "your" kids about reality you might start by telling them the truth. It is amazing that there is even an argument here, Take a deep breath and take a look at the facts. If i did the rankings then you could say I was being unfair or I was an imbecile, but the facts are within this web site. I have not made anything up about CPA. The Rankings on Coach T are acutal factual based upon your scores record and are not subject to interpitation. Everything I have quoted in my posts is your actual record. Sorry