11/2 White House at Greenbrier

timbdp

You have to put last night's call in context because it happens every week.

I thought it was a catch, but there's also a lot of time left on the clock at that point (both teams had another drive each and maybe more). ) Plus, it wasn't a touchdown, and Greenbrier had already missed a field goal and failed to score an offensive touchdown. So there are no guarantees. Further, didn't White House throw a pick right after it? They had the ball again and still didn't score. So there are no certainties.

Last week against Station Camp, crucial calls by the officials help swing the game. I'm not big on rules about linemen in pass catching situations, but if I understand the rule, a pass caught beyond the line of scrimmage isn't allowed if there are linemen downfield. Well last week, when Dixon fumbled (and looking at the TV replay, I think he was down), the very next play Station Camp throws a fullback screen and has a man downfield at least 8-10 yards. No call. Few plays later, field goal bounces off the post and in and it's 10-3 at the half. Ended up being a difference in the game.

I respect Greenbrier and I love the stadium renovations. It was a hard fought game and if all falls right, we may see it again in a couple of weeks at the House.

I am a true blue (wait green, lol) Bobcat fan but I am one of the ones that agree whole heartedly that the call was bad but it didn't make a difference in the game because the interception did follow and would have given the same results had our guys followed thru...

I don't think our folks are belly aching or making excuses they are just stating an obvious bad call...But hey, that one bad call wasn't all - I think the Devils had movement three or four times that wasn't called and could have meant a difference in yards, so you have to stack it up to things happen...I know there has been times when the calls went our way all night, so you know, it happens...

Bryan May, I am sorry I wasn't there to see you but I have been very sick, (just ask my son) BUT I DID see it all on tv and I am very proud of you! I believe ya'll can move on IF you make things happen on offense, GOTTA have offense!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, Coachhard, but with DeKalb winning over Macon, from what I'm told tonight it goes to Region wins, which would put us in at #4 since we won over Sycamore. That's kinda what I read in the TSSAA possibllities too.

I want to say GREAT GAME to the Bobcats tonight. They played hard and gave it their all adn I don't think anybody (not even White House fans) can say that Greenbrier didn't give them a tough game. I agree with you Coachhard and the other poster that watched CSS. The refs call was bad but WH's had a great kick at the end of the game. Three last minute losses in a row show that Greenbrier CAN hang with good teams like Pearl Cohn and White House. Hopefully we can find a way to finish it up with the W at the next game.

There was another team a couple of years ago that went 5-5 and lost a lot of close games in the regular season.

And ended up with a gold ball.

Just something to think about Cat fans...from Hogeye land...

Still haven't seen the CSS replay.... and unfortunately, again, I'll be out of town next friday....But since both teams will probably win, I should be able to see WH/ GB 2......

As far as civility..... I have no issue with the heated banter, it is part of these boards. I only take issue when others blame someone else for their hate or use that hate to paint a whole fan base as arrogent...on either side. Not only is it not true, if you are reasonable person you understand it.

With that said, I'm working on my next song for our next meeting this year... LOL

Still haven't seen the CSS replay.... and unfortunately, again, I'll be out of town next friday....But since both teams will probably win, I should be able to see WH/ GB 2......

As far as civility..... I have no issue with the heated banter, it is part of these boards. I only take issue when others blame someone else for their hate or use that hate to paint a whole fan base as arrogent...on either side. Not only is it not true, if you are reasonable person you understand it.

With that said, I'm working on my next song for our next meeting this year... LOL

Watched the game on CSS Friday night.

Congrats to both teams! It was a great HS football game> I enjoyed watching the heated paly between the two teams.

White House looked bigger and a little better, however I thought Greenbrier played with more heart! Good luck to both and if you meet again I will be there to watch!

Congrats to both of these teams on fine seasons and your playoff appearances. Good Luck to both next week and I am sure you'll see the rematch in two weeks.

Thanks to both teams for an entertaining game. That's just the type of game we expect with this old rivalry. Three big plays by 3 Zacks...lol

BC... Thanks for passing on the scores of the other game. The info brought on some cheers each time it was announced.

Good luck WH!

I was able to watch the 4th quarter on CSS. A great football game, very exciting. Man, White House has a great kicker. I was impressed with White House who looked pretty athletic, more than I was expecting since the only game I had to go on was the Alcoa game here in East TN. Good luck to both schools and who knows? Maybe Fulton will see one of you guys in the playoffs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />