Waverly @ Camden

rcombs

Not that it will matter, 2 starters for the Tigers were dismissed from the team today. Don't want to call names, but they didn't take things serious enough. They were seniors too.

Keep your chin up papatiger. Sometimes it is easy to forget that they are teenagers and do dumb

things like we all did!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep your chin up papatiger. Sometimes it is easy to forget that they are teenagers and do dumb

things like we all did!

They decided they didn't want to practice this week and went and hung out in the shopping center. I know that they are teenagers but one of them has been making bone headed decisions all year and began the year with a chance to play D-1 somewhere. Scratch that. I don't understand kids who have great opportunities and just throw them away. I have even more respect for Coach Graves for making this decision. I'm proud of these underclassmen who have really stepped up and gained experience this year.

They decided they didn't want to practice this week and went and hung out in the shopping center. I know that they are teenagers but one of them has been making bone headed decisions all year and began the year with a chance to play D-1 somewhere. Scratch that. I don't understand kids who have great opportunities and just throw them away. I have even more respect for Coach Graves for making this decision. I'm proud of these underclassmen who have really stepped up and gained experience this year.

There is only so much a coach can do. When a kid gives up on himself not much else you can do!

There is only so much a coach can do. When a kid gives up on himself not much else you can do!

This is true and its easy to give up when your having some of the worst luck on your senior year. I feel for Waverly not only the team but for the fans and the entire community. But the kids who did decide to skip practice will regret taking that action, though it may not be anytime soon they will regret it. When you turn your backs on your team like that nothing good can come from it. But Waverly keep your head up come to Camden tomorrow make some noise for your team, and cheer them on. I look forward to hearing some after last week SC made little or no noise the entire game. Camden vs. Waverly always a good rivalry for the fans and students. Good Luck to these two teams, I pray for an injury free game.

This was the game that I was supposed to fly out to watch. I am very sad that I could not make it. I will be listening and praying for an injury free game. I would also like to congratulate all of the seniors and my little brother on a fantastic season. You will remember this forever!!!! I will never forget the heartbreak of my final game at Camden a 56-0 loss to Martin-Westview.........still makes me mad!!!!!!

HEARD TODAY THAT WAVERLY PUT IN A NEW TYPE OF OFFENSE THIS WEEK. THE PERSON TELLING ME SAID THAT IT WAS SOMETHING THAT THEY HAVE NOT RUN YET THIS YEAR. WHO KNOWS, MAYBE ITS THE BONE OR THE T, OR SMOKESTACK. THEY HAVE RAN ALOT OF DIFFERENT OFFENSE LATELY, TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO WORK WITH THE PLAYERS THEY HAVE RIGHT NOW. I THINK NEXT YEAR WILL BE INTERESTING, SINCE THEY WILL TRULY BE LOSING ONLY 2 SENIORS WHO PLAYED ALOT. MAYBE WAVERLY WILL TAKE A LINE FROM THAT FAMOUS BOXER "MUHAMMAD ALI- I SHOOK UP THE WORLD". GO TIGERS. PLAY HARD AND NEVER GIVE UP. USE THIS GAME AS SPRINGBOARD TO NEXT YEAR. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Papatiger.. this has always caused me more grief and angst than anything else connected with high school athletics. You see kids who have been playing sports (Let's just say football) since they were 7-8 years old. They had great talent in middle school. You watch them progress thru the high school years. You know that they have been given a great talent, a great blessing and the ability to use that talent to get a priceless education at a great university and then when they become seniors, they seem to lose all interest. I just don't know? Makes you scratch your head though

Papatiger.. this has always caused me more grief and angst than anything else connected with high school athletics. You see kids who have been playing sports (Let's just say football) since they were 7-8 years old. They had great talent in middle school. You watch them progress thru the high school years. You know that they have been given a great talent, a great blessing and the ability to use that talent to get a priceless education at a great university and then when they become seniors, they seem to lose all interest. I just don't know? Makes you scratch your head though

I don't know what the deal is either. Makes me scratch my head too Don. Makes me sick honestly.

I just don't understand don, it's a brain freeze for me. One of the guys won some awards last year, not mentioning his name and everyone thought things were bright for this young man. In the same way people like Coker at UT and pacman for Titans, they do so much stupid stuff when they have so much talent and the whole world at their finger tips.

You're right, it is a shame when you have your educatioin paid for and you just throw it all away. They will look back and regret.

Well gotta go and broadcast the game tonight. Go Tigers.