Lenoir City at Maryville

jacketsfan66

I know alot of the LC coaches, and I respect them. I hate hearing people talk bad about them. They are good people, and they have developed a lot of young men. You people need to stop talking about people you don't even know. they are more than just coaches. they are fathers, husbands, and fine men. you should be a little more compasionate.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard to respect some of the coach's when they stand on the field and cuss your kids like sailors. There is no place for that especially when one of them is a "Youth Minister". Yes WE do know these coach's. I know they are fathers, husbands, and so on and so forth, but they also show lettle respect for the kids.

I'm not sure I did that.

I think that athletically correct being equated to politically correct would be the youth leagues that don't keep score or the schools that have banned duck duck goose and tag. That's over the top, and in my opinion takes away one of the main purposes of competition.

I'm as fiercely competitive as they come, but at the end of the game (win or lose) you go and shake the other team's hand (unless you count the one time that I refused to do so after a certain volleyball game that I and our mutual friend lost a couple of years ago...he can tell you all about that). I believe in keeping score in games and in life. I think that sports prepare us for life both in wins and in losses. I believe that telling a kid that score doesn't matter is doing that kid a disservice, because in life it does. If I can't compete in the business world, I don't last in the business world. If a coach repeatedly fails, he doesn't remain the coach. If kids can't compete, they get a W hung on them. But they don't need us piling on...

It's just basic class to view your opponent as worth until you have proven otherwise and then to treat them with dignity and respect regardless of the outcome. That's something else that sports should teach us.

Not a bad thought, but old man, you've got a lot of learning to do. You state this information with no facts. Football is changing and people and coaching is changing. You are coming from the old school and need to ADAPT. Decent thoughts, but just outdated. Your age is showing.

The DL

Not a bad thought, but old man, you've got a lot of learning to do. You state this information with no facts. Football is changing and people and coaching is changing. You are coming from the old school and need to ADAPT. Decent thoughts, but just outdated. Your age is showing.

The DL

If I'm reading Papa correctly, he had two themes to his post: First, that he believes in keeping score and that the steady encroachment of what other's have termed egalitarianism into sports is bad. Second, that he believes in good sportsmanship.

With which theme do you disagree and consider outdated and too old school? And why?

never heard a coach curse at a kid. do you have an example.

Of course you haven't heard it. They don't do it in front of parents/visitors!!! I've had a senior player this year, a senior from last year, and two other players on this team tell me that all the coaches cuss them so bad that they wish they could hit them. If it was on of their friends talking to them that way they would be decked. No excuse for any cussing......calling them pus*&%, and get on the loser bus (which was supposedly the second bus for the non starters). Enough examples for you or do you need more

It may be funny to you "DR" but it is not funny to the kids that have to ride the second bus. They are always being told they are losers, so again I say why would you want to respect coach's that do this to the kids? This is not a way to build respect or trust of the kids. In my opinion NONE of these kids are losers. Anyone that would stick around thru everything they have gone thru the last 2 years in my mind are winners. This team may not have had the best talent in the world but they had heart and never gave up.

It may be funny to you "DR" but it is not funny to the kids that have to ride the second bus. They are always being told they are losers, so again I say why would you want to respect coach's that do this to the kids? This is not a way to build respect or trust of the kids. In my opinion NONE of these kids are losers. Anyone that would stick around thru everything they have gone thru the last 2 years in my mind are winners. This team may not have had the best talent in the world but they had heart and never gave up.

Don't forget the cussing the 2nd bus took by a coach (not the head coach) after the Powell game for not being "serious" enough.

It is really strange to call the 2nd bus the loser bus when the freshmen, sophmores and some juniors that don't start (and most don't even play) ride that bus. Thats just stupid, call the player that didn't even get in the game a loser "If you had stood on the sidelines better, we would have won". No wonder these guys quit when they are still sophmores. Good way to build next years team up.

just for your infor no one every called bus two the loser bus. that coach did not say one curse after the powell game. unless shut-up is a curse word. i guess we are going to have to kick one of the players off the team because he yelled at the team after the halls game. he told everybody to shut-up. and just to be exact their were only two freshmen on bus two after the powell game.

just for your infor no one every called bus two the loser bus. that coach did not say one curse after the powell game. unless shut-up is a curse word. i guess we are going to have to kick one of the players off the team because he yelled at the team after the halls game. he told everybody to shut-up. and just to be exact their were only two freshmen on bus two after the powell game.

And how would you know so much? Was you there? Come on stand up and really speak!! We are all waiting