Clinton @ Powell

CutAlot53

Well I guess every head coach in the county but ol Lying Larry is in trouble. Clinton is starting to look alot like that bunch up in Jeff county. They just haven't filed a law suit, yet.

Get over it and give them a chance. You just had the best season for a while. And almost beat us over here in Oak Ridge.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we need to be worried about is how to help our high school, not putting down the kids that should be feeding into our program. The biggest difference is that the middle school only won four games this year and that is considered a down year for them. I did see in the paper that they beat the team that won the championship, then got hit with injuries. The kids still know how and expect to win. It is that kind of talk that will keep them from coming to Clinton and joining our program. Bullyrock, are you sure you are a fan of Clinton High School? You are already talking bad about the kids that are not even here yet. I am a parent of a child on the high school team and this is why we can not get more players out. I do know that the middle school coach is trying to get them all to go to Clinton, but you obviously don't like that coach anyway, that is evident from earlier posts. Ask some of the kids what they think of him, then you might change your mind. I have been off of here for a while because of negativity and I did not want to get caught up in it and just when we start to turn the corner, someone always tries to bring us down. If all of the kids stay in Clinton and we get some more out, we could be in the playoffs for the next two or three years. That is fact.

Thank you BallCoach. If read my earlier post, which I assume you did, your points and mine go hand in hand. The program will never turn around (or continue on the current rise) if certain parents are looking for "greener" pastures. Point in case, what kids are currently playing at Grace Academy and why did they go?

What we need to be worried about is how to help our high school, not putting down the kids that should be feeding into our program. The biggest difference is that the middle school only won four games this year and that is considered a down year for them. I did see in the paper that they beat the team that won the championship, then got hit with injuries. The kids still know how and expect to win. It is that kind of talk that will keep them from coming to Clinton and joining our program. Bullyrock, are you sure you are a fan of Clinton High School? You are already talking bad about the kids that are not even here yet. I am a parent of a child on the high school team and this is why we can not get more players out. I do know that the middle school coach is trying to get them all to go to Clinton, but you obviously don't like that coach anyway, that is evident from earlier posts. Ask some of the kids what they think of him, then you might change your mind. I have been off of here for a while because of negativity and I did not want to get caught up in it and just when we start to turn the corner, someone always tries to bring us down. If all of the kids stay in Clinton and we get some more out, we could be in the playoffs for the next two or three years. That is fact.

Great post. In team sports its not always about the individual. Its not always about liking the Coach. Good teams make a commitment to their teammates. They consider their teammates first. Ballcoach you are spot on. I would like to encourage the Clinton community to consider the program, put the program first and for most, and understand that the program is more than just the head coach. Don't give up on your program. Send your kids to Clinton and the program will get better.

Halls went through the same thing a few years ago. They had a mass exodus of players to other schools and they had some lean years. With a change of attitude in the community they have been able to turn it around. That same change of attitude will bring better days to Clinton

An Athletic Director that knew how to do his job would also try to assist in fixing the problem.

right on. he is a control freak.

he's not doing the kids any favors either ... like when he lets players play with f's ... then when other sports come around to season he decides that if the fail they sit so our football players get an easy ride to play and arent motivated in school ... which i think translates to the feild in some aspects but he is a control freak and should be fired

he's not doing the kids any favors either ... like when he lets players play with f's ... then when other sports come around to season he decides that if the fail they sit so our football players get an easy ride to play and arent motivated in school ... which i think translates to the feild in some aspects but he is a control freak and should be fired

I believe that some kids with F's did sit out. I don't think that has as much to do with being a football player as it has to do with who the player is or who the players parents are. That is a poor reflection on the school as a whole not just the athletic director. (I am not defending him in any way). With all the negativity and complaints surrounding the AD I think it is a shame that those in charge don't step in and see what is going on. On another note I hear that Andy has made his appearence at the middle school, talking to the kids about the program. i guess he may pay a little attention to what he hears and reads. I think it is a good idea for him to start on the middle school kids now if he wants them to play. Glad to see in the paper that Darian is staying. Any names being thrown around to replace the assistants leaving?

and both will be in different jerseys next year...

Andy said in the local paper that Stone wasn't leaving. He and his dad were present at the Middle School football banquet as a welcome to the Dragons thing. I hope that they stay at Clinton. Darian is a good young man off the field as well, with that the team can only benefit from him being there. What is the deal with Andy going to CMS and the kids signs cards or something to say that they were going to go to CHS?