Region 7

nununu

Was a great match, I will not deny that. Was probably best match of the tournament. End of regulation, Hancock scores a reversal to go up by 1, Nuffio reverses as time expires. Yaaay, we're in the finals. No, referees confer and it is said that it was not a reversal, but give one for an escape. Tie match-overtime. 1st overtime-no score, 2nd OT-Nuffio takes down gets a reversal. Nuffio by two. 3rd OT-Hancock chooses down. Nuffio rides for 29 seconds, Hancock starts into a switch, time expires, coaches, and the gym are yelling that the clock has ran out. Hancock completes the move and is awarded 2 points for a reversal. Ref is not going to change the call, although several officials and the rest of the gym did say that the time had expired. 4th OT-Hancock chooses down, Nuffio rides. Back and forth, switch, reswitch, etc. Both men go out of bounds, no time on the clock, Hancock awarded 1 pt escape, though Nuffio never lost control.

This is not my point of view, for anyone that was there they will tell you the same thing. Can't cry over spilled milk though.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a great match, I will not deny that. Was probably best match of the tournament. End of regulation, Hancock scores a reversal to go up by 1, Nuffio reverses as time expires. Yaaay, we're in the finals. No, referees confer and it is said that it was not a reversal, but give one for an escape. Tie match-overtime. 1st overtime-no score, 2nd OT-Nuffio takes down gets a reversal. Nuffio by two. 3rd OT-Hancock chooses down. Nuffio rides for 29 seconds, Hancock starts into a switch, time expires, coaches, and the gym are yelling that the clock has ran out. Hancock completes the move and is awarded 2 points for a reversal. Ref is not going to change the call, although several officials and the rest of the gym did say that the time had expired. 4th OT-Hancock chooses down, Nuffio rides. Back and forth, switch, reswitch, etc. Both men go out of bounds, no time on the clock, Hancock awarded 1 pt escape, though Nuffio never lost control.

This is not my point of view, for anyone that was there they will tell you the same thing. Can't cry over spilled milk though.

I agree that there were a few questionable calls. But in my mind the biggest was the end of regulation, which was a little different that you remember. First hancock down by 1 gets a reversal with 15 seconds left. He was in deep on a leg and was holding on in a "banana split" but wasn't trying to score just hold on for dear life. Nuffio shook him off and scored a reversal with less than 7 seconds on the clock. Then as the clock was ticking down Hancock initiated a reversal , which he finished. Only it was questionable if the kid hit the ref as time ended or a couple seconds after it had expired. To me the match should have ended there. Either they decide he got it or that he didn't. This was the call that i remember officials coming over and saying that time was over not the OT reversal decision. As for that one it was just as questionable but the ref stood by his call that the he felt the reversal was made before time expired. In the final ot your right at the end when the 1 was awarded Nuffio was in control and should have won, but before that hancock had got to his feet turned in and the wrestlers were in a regular head tie when they went out of bounds. That was an escape and the match should've ended there. In the end it was two great wrestlers with some questionable calls. Hancock may have recieved a better deal with the refs but in the end that's middle tn wrestling nowadays. The match was back and forth the whole time. In any event if they meet at states it's going to be another barn burner for sure. (i'm not biased torward Hancock. i really enjoy watching both young men wrestle)

all and all it was great job by antioch hanging in the top ten at the gp, great job to east lit. winning the henderson. tourn. another great showing by region 7, any names of the place finishers at the henderson. tourn? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If i'm not mistaken Nuffio and Hancock met during a quad match @ MLK back at the end of November. Ca someone please confirm this and if it is true tell the outcome.

(I'm not positive about this...Antioch and Overton did wrestle but Antioch might have wrestled Soboun at 112 against Hancock and bumped Nuffio up to 119)

If i'm not mistaken Nuffio and Hancock met during a quad match @ MLK back at the end of November. Ca someone please confirm this and if it is true tell the outcome.

(I'm not positive about this...Antioch and Overton did wrestle but Antioch might have wrestled Soboun at 112 against Hancock and bumped Nuffio up to 119)

Soboun wrestled Hancock, Nuffio wrestled Hardy.

Soboun-Ant

Ridley-EL

Lowe-MLK

Ramirez-McG

Nuffio-Ant

Vonsamphanh-Gl

Rucker-Ant

Williams-Gl

Aguilar-EL

Lillard-HL

Greer-Ant

Tsegaye-Gl

Cuffman-EL

130(Not sure who is here)

Steiner(if he drops, if not)

Sullivan-HL

Henderson/Jones-EL

135(4th to state)

Osaitile-Ant

Lett-EL

Steiner-Gl(if he stays)

140(Tough weight class)

Garrett-EL

Colbert-McG

Hussein-Ant

Sipki-HL

Mintlow-Gl

Chandler-MLK

Tresner-Ant

Burnley-MLK

Hinkle-EL

Clemons-Gl

160(not sure who is here)

Gambill-EL

Caldwell-Ant

Gentuso-TSB/DCA

Goldtrap-EL

Bledsoe/Hylick-Ant

Caldwell-Ant

Ferguson-EL

Pegram-Gl

Garrett-EL

Rhodes-Ant

Smith-HL

HWT

Clemons-Gl

Robinson-HL

Moore-EL

Clemons-HF

Feel free to add names to weight classes. I tried, don't shoot the messenger.

Soboun-Ant

Ridley-EL

Lowe-MLK

Ramirez-McG

Nuffio-Ant

Vonsamphanh-Gl

Rucker-Ant

Williams-Gl

Aguilar-EL

Lillard-HL

Greer-Ant

Tsegaye-Gl

Cuffman-EL

Sullivan-HL

Henderson/Jones-EL

135(4th to state)

Osaitile-Ant

Lett-EL

Steiner-Gl(if he stays)

140(Tough weight class)

Garrett-EL

Colbert-McG

Hussein-Ant

Sipki-HL

Mintlow-Gl

Chandler-MLK

Tresner-Ant

Burnley-MLK

Hinkle-EL

Clemons-Gl

Gambill-EL

Caldwell-Ant

Gentuso-TSB/DCA

Goldtrap-EL

Bledsoe/Hylick-Ant

Caldwell-Ant

Ferguson-EL

Pegram-Gl

Garrett-EL

Rhodes-Ant

Smith-HL

HWT

Clemons-Gl

Robinson-HL

Moore-EL

Clemons-HF

Kyle Chandler supposed to have dropped to 140. That should make it even tougher.

Soboun-Ant

Ridley-EL

Lowe-MLK

Ramirez-McG

Nuffio-Ant

Vonsamphanh-Gl

Rucker-Ant

Williams-Gl

Aguilar-EL

Lillard-HL

Greer-Ant

Tsegaye-Gl

Cuffman-EL

Sullivan-HL

Henderson/Jones-EL

135(4th to state)

Osaitile-Ant

Lett-EL

Steiner-Gl(if he stays)

140(Tough weight class)

Garrett-EL

Colbert-McG

Hussein-Ant

Sipki-HL

Mintlow-Gl

Chandler-MLK

Tresner-Ant

Burnley-MLK

Hinkle-EL

Clemons-Gl

Gambill-EL

Caldwell-Ant

Gentuso-TSB/DCA

Goldtrap-EL

Bledsoe/Hylick-Ant

Caldwell-Ant

Ferguson-EL

Pegram-Gl

Garrett-EL

Rhodes-Ant

Smith-HL

HWT

Clemons-Gl

Robinson-HL

Moore-EL

Clemons-HF

well, i think i could prolly shake some things up.. im thinking tsegaye from GL if im not mistaken almost beat Lillard in the hendersonville.. I dont think lillard is the best in the region.. im thinkin greer or tsegaye..

also, the 112 from GL and antioch.. that will be a good match to watch.. im thinkin GL.. but, nuffio looked extremely quick in the GP west.. its a toss up to me..

steiner from GL should drop if ya ask me.. as far as state is concerned.. Lett and osatile are too strong and quick..

-- EL's heavy should do alittle better than people give him credit for.. id watch out for him

also, 152 looks tough just by looking at the names.. clemons will make it too state.. i dont see him getting 4th.. top 3 atleast

the Antioch and EL match at 189 should be a dandy..

as well as the 145 match with mintlow and chandler.. and how did mintlow beat garret? i saw the results.. i just wasnt sure..

well, i think i could prolly shake some things up.. im thinking tsegaye from GL if im not mistaken almost beat Lillard in the hendersonville.. I dont think lillard is the best in the region.. im thinkin greer or tsegaye..

also, the 112 from GL and antioch.. that will be a good match to watch.. im thinkin GL.. but, nuffio looked extremely quick in the GP west.. its a toss up to me..

steiner from GL should drop if ya ask me.. as far as state is concerned.. Lett and osatile are too strong and quick..

-- EL's heavy should do alittle better than people give him credit for.. id watch out for him

also, 152 looks tough just by looking at the names.. clemons will make it too state.. i dont see him getting 4th.. top 3 atleast

the Antioch and EL match at 189 should be a dandy..

as well as the 145 match with mintlow and chandler.. and how did mintlow beat garret? i saw the results.. i just wasnt sure..

it was a good match... mintlow with the first take down he actually through garret... untill garret they say hurt his shoulder it was tied or it was 3-2 mintlow wish garret was going 145 at region would be very exciting match.. both wrestlers have potential to place at state this year

it was a good match... mintlow with the first take down he actually through garret... untill garret they say hurt his shoulder it was tied or it was 3-2 mintlow wish garret was going 145 at region would be very exciting match.. both wrestlers have potential to place at state this year

wow.. that seems like a good match.. wasnt garret's shoulder already hurt before the tournament? and your right.. if garret went 145 it would make for best match potential.. they are both strong and physical