11/9 Polk Co at White House

timbdp

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Just want to report that the White House Boosters and Staff are some of the best I have ever witnessed. They had fruit, snacks, drinks,etc. waiting for our boys we they arrived. Nothing but good sportsmanship was seen or heard. With the exception of the score (which we were whupped) it was what High School athletics should be.

First of all I wanted to say that Wildcats we are proud of you and thanks for the great year. I also wanted to thank the seniors for all of their hard work over the past 4 yrs. It was a great run. Next I'd like to say how classy I think the White House football program is, all the way from the concession workers, fans, players and coaches. You exhibited great sportsmanship. Your team is awesome, no one in region 3 could touch it. Good luck next week, hope you take it all the way.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I hear right on this?

During the game there were students w/WH taking up a coffee can collection-and collected over 900.00 for a POLK COUNTY coach who had lost his house in a fire...if I heard that right; then that is 1st class sportsmanship!!!!

No matter who that was for....this was class! (And you got my $ as well.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

During the game there were students w/WH taking up a coffee can collection-and collected over 900.00 for a POLK COUNTY coach who had lost his house in a fire...if I heard that right; then that is 1st class sportsmanship!!!!

No matter who that was for....this was class! (And you got my $ as well.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

Actually, one of Polks coaches house got broken into last week and they wiped him out.When it comes to things like this White House always responds well.We all wish we could have collected more for him and his family.Hopefully this will help him in a small way.BDP is more than just an on the field thing and the people who gave last night didnt even think twice.I even heard one man say he was leaving to go to the atm to get more.God bless this coach and his family.

Actually, one of Polks coaches house got broken into last week and they wiped him out.When it comes to things like this White House always responds well.We all wish we could have collected more for him and his family.Hopefully this will help him in a small way.BDP is more than just an on the field thing and the people who gave last night didnt even think twice.I even heard one man say he was leaving to go to the atm to get more.God bless this coach and his family.

WOW. Sometimes things like this gets lost in the passion of 1st downs and scores. Ya'll just gained a fan. God Bless you all.

this is corrrect white house fans raise over 900 dollars i thought it was for the polk co coach that was rob and i heard they raise money for a dekalb co coach house that burned down a couple weeks ago

Congats to White House.

Our thread got closed before we even got back, so we didn't get to post anything to the Chargers or about our game, but it was a good game. Ours could have been more too, refs called back an early TD, and seems to have blinders on about dragging one of our guys down by his facemask, and when he went fumbled (the only turnover of the game). MC was tall and lanky but it took them several series to even get a first down. Our fans were pumped, but not what last or next week will be. By the end of the game, our chant was "We Want White House!" (Ok, I can hear all the crap coming with that one, but we did give you guys a little PR down in no man's land. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Volnation, I don't think the boys were being rude when your hubby congratulated them. I think they're told to go straight to the locker room. They don't really even talk to family until after they have had their end of the game talk with the coach. I am sure it was nothing personal against you, but we have had opposing fans try to talk smack to them after they win, and I think that could be the reason...not to stir stuff up. We were rushed getting into the game but one nice MC lady did tell me congrats and to have a safe trip home near the tshirt table, and I told her I appreciated it. In turn we had a bunch of MC kids walk through our fans saying loudly to each other that "MC should have won the game". I am not sure what anyone would base that statement on. We beat MC fair and square, and I think ya'll know that, but I'm sure it's hard to lose after 9 in a row when you though you were 'Boro bound. So now I've been to McMinn Central. Although the marquee out front misspelled it, hopefully now, you guys will remember the name GREENBRIER.

Back to next week. Looking forward to it, Blue Devils.....A REGION 4 SWEEP. That's what we tried to tell them.

Greenbriar ....good game ...we played without one of our stars #10 Ryan Slack he just couldn't go ...injury last week and an injury to the ankle early in the game. I hear your fan buses took the senic route? ha got to see the beauty of God's country? and when your players were told good game they were sitting on the ground beside their bus...they were rude...but I guess they were tired....dang do the dad's dress out for your games, I never saw so many football players on one team in my entire life? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Hope your trip was enjoyable? by the way to set everyone straight, I am a teacher and I am always for the KIDS!!! I wish you all the best of LUCK!! From what we hear WH has it waiting on ya'll....but good luck with them....seriously do all the guys at your school play football? How many students do ya'll have? We have around 850 at Central....and by the way, I hope ur not friends with sportdaddy, He is the rudest person, just down right mean! Hope everyone had a safe trip home!!! GOOD JOB GREENBRIAR!!!!! REMEMBER WE ARE A YOUNG TEAM WITH A GREAT COACH.....HOPEFULLY SEE YA'LL NEXT YEAR!!!

Great all around game for WH last night. Polk Co has nothing to hang their heads about. Those boys never quit trying and I want to wish them luck for next season. Thanks for some of the classier fans from Polk Co coming back here to congratulate WH and wish us luck. I know we have our share of idiots on this board that claim to support WH but yall really had some "fans" that were going a little overboard this week. I'm glad to see that they were a gross misrepresentation of your fanbase. Yee Haw and a few other of you Polk fans have shown me that you guys are more the rule when it comes to judging your fanbase. Thanks for the great game last night and best of luck, again, for next year. Maybe we will cross paths again in the playoffs!

Also, I heard the collection was for a Polk coach whose home was broken into. Was it actually a house fire?

As for the game, the boys looked great. It was good that they didn't come out flat like last week. We will need to keep that intensity versus Greenbrier or it could be another close one. It was good to see Chad Neal bounce back from that neck and head injury he suffered against Greenbrier. i thought he was going to break that 1st catch for a 70 yard TD. Payne and Dixon were both running with a purpose and both sides of our line dominated. Parker looked good in run support and on his long catch.

I hope Chad Neal, Demarqus Payne, and Matt Parker aren't overlooked when it comes time for the post season awards. I think Neal has been an unsung hero at many times this season. Payne has been as well with Dixon sharing some carries. Neal seems like he's always in on or around the play on defense and he is money in the open field. I don't know how many long TD runs he has saved with his open field tackling back there at Free Safety. I know Parker has had some injuries but he also has come through with his share of bgi plays for the team.

Also, I heard the collection was for a Polk coach whose home was broken into. Was it actually a house fire?

I heard that it was a robbery that left him with pretty much nothing. The collection at the game was just a bit short of $1,000 and the kids at school had already collected around $600. Thanks to everyone that contributed. Winning and losing is the here and now, but compassion is what it's all about.

I heard that it was a robbery that left him with pretty much nothing. The collection at the game was just a bit short of $1,000 and the kids at school had already collected around $600. Thanks to everyone that contributed. Winning and losing is the here and now, but compassion is what it's all about.

Seeing that coffee can being passed around was truely touching.It was good to see our kids spearheading the collection.Good luck Polk, you should be proud of your kids and coaches.Class was displayed by all.

.it was around 2,400.00 this was a great gesture on white house team and fans .coach davis does thank you very much as does his family .and the polk county community .i dare say that not many would do this .we in the polk county community respect the white house team and community. good luck in the rest of your playoffs.thank you on behalf of coach davis

First of all I wanted to say that Wildcats we are proud of you and thanks for the great year. I also wanted to thank the seniors for all of their hard work over the past 4 yrs. It was a great run. Next I'd like to say how classy I think the White House football program is, all the way from the concession workers, fans, players and coaches. You exhibited great sportsmanship. Your team is awesome, no one in region 3 could touch it. Good luck next week, hope you take it all the way.

I would just like to add to Catfans comments. Fans could not have been treated any better than we were at Whitehouse. It is very refreshing to find young men and coaches that still play the game for the right reason and with the right attitude. Whitehouse has a very good, well coached team and I wish them all the best.

I also want to thank all the seniors that have been a big part of the success that the cats have enjoyed over the last four years.

Our team may be a little smaller than some of our opponents, but they always play with heart and never give up. This can all be attributed to the fine coaching staff, whose main goal is to turn these boys into not only good athletes by good citizens as well.

I am so proud to be from Polk County, and for my son to part of this quality football program. Our future is very bright and I look forward to another trip to Whitehouse in the near future.