Ooltewah @ Knox Bearden

I can assure you that Bearden is tough and I doubt they're overlooking anybody. They have a defense that swarms to the ball and they're loaded with senior talent. Halladay, the QB, is a great kid. I've heard he's going to play at Harvard. My team, Halls, which is 4A, played them early and they laid the smackdown to us, and our running game is our strength too (leading rusher with 1385 yards). I'm not saying we could beat the Owls either, but I'm telling you this Bearden team is as solid as they come. We gave Maryville a much better game than we gave Bearden, which I attribute to Bearden's size and overwhelming strength.

With that said, Bearden by 8.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha dogbite no one was even talking junk about your team, but i'm glad to hear you guys are taking the owls lightly. You may look at our record and not think we are very good but go ask some of the teams we played including a team that I think you guys lost to too?. We could easily have one loss right now. But the main thing is records mean squat so its now time to see who has the better team and not always having the better team gets the job done I hope your boys realize that. See ya on friday

Well said. If Ooltewah loses, it will be due to lack of execution, and concentration. GO OWLS!

Beardens fans are not on here because everyone at bearden

allthough the bullsdogs are wanting to drop 65 on the owls... and get some good reps for the 2nd/3rd teams...

Dude, you are smoking something. There is no way on earth that you will score 65 on Ooltewah, and if you think that, you need to go down the street to Lakeshore Mental Health facility. I doubt your second string will see much playing time, either. Yeah, Bearden will probably win, but I bet they give you all you can handle for 80-90% of the game.

I'm not an Owl fan ... I'm a Gov fan. We beat them when they were down, and we beat 'em hard. No one else has even come close to the whippin' we put on them. They were mired in turmoil and their heads weren't in the game. This Gov fan doesn't particularly want to see them again this season (even though I think we'd still beat them, they'd make it a typical Ooltewah/WB slugfest), mainly due to them playing with very high emotion.

I'm not sure if their off-fields woes are behind them or not, but I suspect that for the most part they are. Ooltewah is one of the more dangerous #4 seeds in the state.

Your right Beardens 2nd and 3rd string will get to play but it will be because of the score that ooltewah put on them before the half. beardens seniors will be so embarassed they will all just quit and let the young kids get some reps!

I'm predicting or actually i'm willing to promise you that if you score 65 on us you will be the state champions!

I am not sure who the guy is that says Bearden is taking Ooltewah lightly. My son plays for Bearden and he told me after watching film that Ooltewah was a very good team. We have not had many good teams in recent history so we are not a bragging kind of team. We are glad for the season we have had but making predictions is not our style. That prediction of 65 would not come from the Bearden parents and fans that I know. Our team is a senior heavy team that many have played together since rec league. These kids are a great group of young men that have had a great season but had to deal with a great loss before it began. Our head coach had a heart attack and passed away this spring. They have dedicated this season to Coach Wilson and have worked hard to get to this stage of the play offs. I think both teams are really good and we should see a great game on Friday night.

Go Bulldogs!

Trufully, I am not hear to brag or say anything about Bearden. I just want to see a GOOD and HARD played game. I am not sure who is going to win, but I can say that Ooltewah Football is ready for this weeks game. Anyone who looks past Ooltewah has another thing coming to them. They are strong in every aspect of the game. Some games it may not show but I promise you this will be one of the best games these boys will ever play... They want to continue this season of football and I think they have a very good chance. I am so ready for some Friday Night Football.

I will predict and don't hold me to this.

Owls 24

Bearden 17

Dude, you are smoking something. There is no way on earth that you will score 65 on Ooltewah, and if you think that, you need to go down the street to Lakeshore Mental Health facility. I doubt your second string will see much playing time, either. Yeah, Bearden will probably win, but I bet they give you all you can handle for 80-90% of the game.

I'm not an Owl fan ... I'm a Gov fan. We beat them when they were down, and we beat 'em hard. No one else has even come close to the whippin' we put on them. They were mired in turmoil and their heads weren't in the game. This Gov fan doesn't particularly want to see them again this season (even though I think we'd still beat them, they'd make it a typical Ooltewah/WB slugfest), mainly due to them playing with very high emotion.

I'm not sure if their off-fields woes are behind them or not, but I suspect that for the most part they are. Ooltewah is one of the more dangerous #4 seeds in the state.

Im not smoking anything. I never said I said these things STUPID! ... I said i had heard this from BEardens Faithful. Period. End. Getcha mind right Jethro

I am not sure who the guy is that says Bearden is taking Ooltewah lightly. My son plays for Bearden and he told me after watching film that Ooltewah was a very good team. We have not had many good teams in recent history so we are not a bragging kind of team. We are glad for the season we have had but making predictions is not our style. That prediction of 65 would not come from the Bearden parents and fans that I know. Our team is a senior heavy team that many have played together since rec league. These kids are a great group of young men that have had a great season but had to deal with a great loss before it began. Our head coach had a heart attack and passed away this spring. They have dedicated this season to Coach Wilson and have worked hard to get to this stage of the play offs. I think both teams are really good and we should see a great game on Friday night.

Go Bulldogs!

I'm sorry for your teams loss. I am sure it has been tough for them, and I'm glad they have had a good season. The earlier post was probably wiritten by some cocky kid with nothing beter to do. I think both Ooltewah and Bearden are very good teams and it will be one heck of a game on Friday night. Of course, I hope the Owls win, but if Bearden wins I wish you guys the best of luck in the later games.

Let's just play a hard hitting INJURY FREE football game.

GO OWLS!

Go Bulldogs!

Pdawg, this was an awesome post, man. I think a lotta people forget that the kids are learnin so much more than football in these games. They're learning how to deal with what life handles them. Your post touched me. I thank you for the maturity and clear thinkin you showed. When the football lights are turned out man, life goes on and hopefully your team has pulled together and made some life long friendships. We all sure need each other off that field as well as on! Dyno.....mite post.

I'm sorry for your teams loss. I am sure it has been tough for them, and I'm glad they have had a good season. The earlier post was probably wiritten by some cocky kid with nothing beter to do. I think both Ooltewah and Bearden are very good teams and it will be one heck of a game on Friday night. Of course, I hope the Owls win, but if Bearden wins I wish you guys the best of luck in the later games.

Let's just play a hard hitting INJURY FREE football game.

GO OWLS!

Thanks for the kind words. Owl fans dress warm, drive safely, and we'll see you Friday night at Bill Young Field.