Greeneville Vs. Sullivan East

DevilMan03

Sullivan East is better than you think. This game won't be a blowout like I bet most of Greeneville expects, if they hang on and don't make too many mistakes they might just send those Devils back where they belong....and I think we all know where that is... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Patriots--21

Devils--20

(I'm bettin' a cookie on it)

There's always someone who just doesn't want to play nice....

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this as being the upset special this week, East is much better than greenville thinks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

East 21 devils 20

au contraire, my little sofa jock...it is the Devils that are better than anyone in MLC believes....they are already planning a THS/South rematch which means they don't respect either of us......

East has done great this year. Ralph his a great coach that has made people forget how bad East use to be. The problem (which is also one of the reason for the their recent success) is the conference they play in is for the most part very weak. You have two very good team in THS and SS and the rest of the league is average or below. It's a cycle. Next year might be different. East will not be ready for the speed and strength of the Devils. 42-8.

East has done great this year. Ralph his a great coach that has made people forget how bad East use to be. The problem (which is also one of the reason for the their recent success) is the conference they play in is for the most part very weak. You have two very good team in THS and SS and the rest of the league is average or below. It's a cycle. Next year might be different. East will not be ready for the speed and strength of the Devils. 42-8.

East has already beaten your 4th place team volunteer on the road, which greenville beat by about the same spread at home and that may or may not mean a thing , but it should be a good close game.good luck to both teams /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

au contraire, my little sofa jock...it is the Devils that are better than anyone in MLC believes....they are already planning a THS/South rematch which means they don't respect either of us......

THEY? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ... We are only planning a showdown with volunteer this week. And south is planning a little pay back for Mo. East. And that all we are concerned about right now. Oh! and Barb..Respect is earned...not givin! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

THEY? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ... We are only planning a showdown with volunteer this week. And south is planning a little pay back for Mo. East. And that all we are concerned about right now. Oh! and Barb..Respect is earned...not givin! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If that's true, then all the respect should go to Morristown West and Morristown East, since they are the teams that advanced the farthest last year...................

If East is able to stop the running attack and keep the game close, then they will have a chance. However, if Greeneville is able to run at will (with a pass here and there) and get a big lead, then East does not have a chance. Greeneville's offense hogs the ball and is able to move the sticks and unless stopped East will not have enough time to get the win. Greeneville has scored 242 points (24.2/game) and allowed 123 points (12.3/game); East has scored 226 points (22.6/game) and allowed 191 (19.1/game). Both teams seem to be evenly matched, but East will have to play assignment football on defense to have any hope of stopping Greeneville.

I believe this game will come down to who is the most disciplined. Unfortunately, I have not seen East play and do not know a lot about them. However, based on what I do know about Greeneville I believe they will come out with the win.

If that's true, then all the respect should go to Morristown West and Morristown East, since they are the teams that advanced the farthest last year...................

I have full respect for Motown football

You miss my point...I,m saying that the rest of the state does not respect upper east football , thats all.

The same argument can be raised about Region 2. MoWest and Greenville have made a constant showing in the Quarterfinals from that region the last decade where as THS, Elizabethton, and now South have represented Region 1. Speaking unreservedly, I have to boldly say that anytime MoWest isn’t at the top of the pile in Region 2 we in Region 1 (or at least at Tennessee High) are jumping for joy. Because we know that the past has shown that the chances of taking the trip to Maryville are much greater when MoWest has a down season. That’s not just my opinion that’s a proven fact.

East has a pretty good team, but their best asset is that they play with no reserve and they feel that they can play with anybody which makes them a VERY dangerous team unless you are able to put some distance between you early in the game. Greeneville will have their hands full. Greenville obviously has a good team also. From what I have read they also sport a stud QB. So this should be a good one unless Greeneville makes a big statement in the first quarter which is entirely possible.

The same argument can be raised about Region 2. MoWest and Greenville have made a constant showing in the Quarterfinals from that region the last decade where as THS, Elizabethton, and now South have represented Region 1. Speaking unreservedly, I have to boldly say that anytime MoWest isn’t at the top of the pile in Region 2 we in Region 1 (or at least at Tennessee High) are jumping for joy. Because we know that the past has shown that the chances of taking the trip to Maryville are much greater when MoWest has a down season. That’s not just my opinion that’s a proven fact.

East has a pretty good team, but their best asset is that they play with no reserve and they feel that they can play with anybody which makes them a VERY dangerous team unless you are able to put some distance between you early in the game. Greeneville will have their hands full. Greenville obviously has a good team also. From what I have read they also sport a stud QB. So this should be a good one unless Greeneville makes a big statement in the first quarter which is entirely possible.

The first quarter is when the Devils pile on the points, barb said something about this i think two weeks ago, it was something like 90% of there points were in the first quarter.

So..... beating South should be worth something in Mountain Lakes since nobody there could do it... and maybe you should read the old THS/South thread and see how far ahead THEY are looking /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Barb thats all i read on the Ths-South board of oh how they would just kill everyone and meet again easily. Not so fast my friend. Yes we did beat south and yes it was early on in the season. Now Greeneville did go on to win every game since then and we didn't put up all the big #'s that south did. But, as someone else pointed out greeneville's defense is allowing only 12.3 pts/pg. I would put that up against anyone's in the state. Yeah everyone knows there are small up front but thats the new way in college also. The speed of the greeneville defense combined with the the running game and sweet little screen passes will carry them as far as they wanna go. The players won't look past any team and thats b/c of coach M and the new respect and discipline he has put into effect. If u can't score on us then u can't beat us!!!!!!!!!!