Gallatin @ Independence

wave13

I like the play-on words...this is getting fun. Why hold back on the trash talk this year? Who are you trying not to offend? Games aren't won and lost on these message boards. The kids playing the games don't care what grumpy old men say here.

I don't have the slightest clue who you are, and no I won't be at the game. I'm going to see a game that will actually be close. Don't feel like spending $7 on a game that will be over with at the half...it's going to cost me that much to get out to Thompson's Station anyway...

...I was wondering...were you singing the tune to Gilligans Island while you were typing your last sentence?

...change my prediction from earlier

IHS 48

GHS 3 (superstar FG kicker gets all-pro blocking up front to hit a 53 yarder)

Man, you are being annoying.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. No trash talking from me! I just want to know who are the key players to watch in the game tonight. If it has been talked about sorry but the post is just getting too much for me to read while I am at work! Ha! Cant wait till game time!

Butler from Gallatin and Pettigrew from Indy seem like the two biggest threats on each side.

This is one of those that could go either way, be a close one or be a blow out.

Indy seems to have more scoring capabilites but Gallatin's playoff experience and recent good play cant be discounted. Gallatin doesnt seem to have the size that Indy does.

I have to go with Indy on this one. I could be proven totally wrong, Gallatin plays good football, always has, always will.

Butler from Gallatin and Pettigrew from Indy seem like the two biggest threats on each side.

Butler, Yes!

What Pettigrew has that Butler does not are the other threats around him. Heckman is a dual-threat QB and he has at least 5 guys other than Pettigrew he can get the ball to at any time.

I feel that Pettigrew and the threats around him will be the difference.

Good Luck to both programs tonight!

Butler is a great player, moving him around to different positions has opened things up for other players to step up and make some plays. That is a big reason that we have played better the last few weeks. Teams do not think that we have anything other than Boo, and I hope that continues. If it does look for Gallatin to be a FACTOR in the playoffs. If Gallatin shows up to play, I believe they win by 10-13 points. I would like to congragulate Indy on winning their region this year. Go Green Wave! Praying for an injury free game.

Gotta love the Gallatin posters...all very classy individuals...like someone else said, a complete breath of fresh air after all of the negativity we've endured this season.

I think Indy gets it done...Eubanks will NOT let his team look ahead and the team will be ready to play in yet another big game (unlike the previous head coach). I think Gallatin makes it interesting and definitely has a shot at winning, especially if Indy makes the mistakes that plagued them in the early going.

Independence 24

Gallatin 19

GO EAGLES! It all boils down to this, boys. Your senior season, your entire football career is on the line tonight. This is why you play! Go out there and give it everything you've got and you can come home with a W.

See everyone tonight. Let's hope for a good, clean game with no injuries on either side. Weather looks like it's going to be PERFECT for November football. It's the most wonderful time of the year, after all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Dyersburg scrimmaged South Gibson last week
    • A complete cultural change happened at Greeneville and the administration and community opened up their checkbooks.  What a lot of people don't know is Ballard was Zeller's OC for many years and stopped coaching for two years because Zeller and Ballard didn't see eye to eye on some things.  Zeller lead Greeneville to it's first ever Semi Final appearance in 2000 and lost 28-12 at Maryville and had them in the Quarter Finals in 2002 and 2003.  Z was a great coach but lost some control when it came to making workouts mandatory. (He learned from that Mistake and it was at LC when i coached with him.).  Z was let go going into my Senior Year and was replaced by Steve McCurry who was the one that turned the program around.  Steve had won a 4a state championship at AC Reynolds in Asheville and made the administration completely redo the weight room with new equipment, had a football period at the end of the school day to lift, started devil camp, and brought in coaches like Danny Bentley (Still the OL coach), Ballard as the OC, Cody Baugh (QB coach and still there), and even Spradlen who is Greeneville's head coach now as the DB's Coach.  McCurry only coached for two seasons at Greeneville and took a team that had a losing record the year before and finished my Senior Year making it to the Quarters and having a 10-3 record and then followed it up with a Semi Final appearance the next year with an 11-3 record and back to back conference championships.  Loved McCurry to death but the recession hit and the story i heard was he was still buying new equipment for the team that the Principal didn't authorize and his response was "I don't answer to you and only to Niswonger and Bewley" (Two huge donors).  That was it for him and they Promoted Ballard shortly after that.   Greeneville had always been relevant ever since the the late 70's under Coach Fred Sorrell's.  Since Sorrell's took over in 1977 Greeneville overall winning percentage is over 76%.  The biggest reason people might not have thought Greeneville was "Good" until Ballard was Greeneville always played up Classification wise and could never get over the hump. (When there were 3 classifications we played 3a, when it went to 5 we played 4a).  Greeneville is the largest its ever been with 953 students and where playing teams 2 or 3 times there size back in the day (I had a little over 800 kids in the school when i graduated in 2008).  Other teams always would know they would be sore after a game but depth took over and never won a Championship until Greeneville played in the classification the TSSAA actually assigned them. You had names like Dustin Moore (1993 Mr Football for 3a and who Phillip Fulmer said was one of the greatest athletes he ever recruited), James "Mud Turtle" Mayes, Brigham Lyons, Byron Gillespie, Frankie Debusk (National Champion Qb at Furman with GQ), Jasmine Lowery, Cody Baugh, The Greenway Brothers, Joe Watson (Furman), etc.  Now the cultural is from the Pee Wee league up and you grow up as a young kid wanting to wear the Greene and White.  Here is a really good link when it comes to anything Greeneville Football related. https://greenevillefootball.com/   I also don't coach anymore.  Z told me i was to smart with how the school systems are ran these days and ended up going into real estate in Knoxville which has been a great decision for my life.
    • Yes, they will. I'm wondering what kinds of strides Sale Creek will make heading into the second season under Coach Fitz.
    • No yellow stripes on the rug last night. Biggest crowd I’ve seen at 825 since the alco debacle. 
    • I know most Pirate starters were seniors last year. Im not sure how accurate it is but someone said we only have 3 seniors. That Prep team will probably make some noise this coming season too.