Cookeville @ Smyrna

THE SQUAD

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Cookeville's locker room was broken into and the players had everything stolen. Wallets, keys, whatever was around. I saw probably 50 "cops" before the game directing traffic and standing around. Kinda sad no one can watch a gym. There were plenty around after the crime had taken place though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes. Cookeville's locker room was broken into and the players had everything stolen. Wallets, keys, whatever was around. I saw probably 50 "cops" before the game directing traffic and standing around. Kinda sad no one can watch a gym. There were plenty around after the crime had taken place though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry to hear that it was true.

1. Once a player on the punting team touches the ball in the end zone, it is a touch back.

OR

Once a player on the punting team touches the ball, the ball is DEAD and can not be advanced.

Both happened. Either way you look at it. Smyrna's player was in the end zone when he touched the ball so it should be on the 20 or he downed the ball at the 2. Either way, they were clueless.

2. I have never seen so many late hits not called. I believe Langford was ran into the track a few times.

It took them a good 25 seconds to set the chains on a routine first down! I just hope this crew doesn't ruin another season for a team.

Just because the kicking team touches a punt does not make the ball dead, if you touch it and it is still moving on the ground the receiving team can still pick it up and run it. (if in the field of play) That ball was not in the end zone.

High school rules are you can't throw the ball back out of the endzone off a punt or kickoff. The player cought the ball and then flipped it behind him. Which is illegal. Bad crew tonight i agree with Sadler57.

In his post he said either a touchback or downed at the two. If he slapped the ball backwards at the two and it is rolling on the ground the receiving team can pick it up and run it. The ball was never downed.

1. Once a player on the punting team touches the ball in the end zone, it is a touch back.

OR

Once a player on the punting team touches the ball, the ball is DEAD and can not be advanced.

If the ball goes in to the end zone on a

kick it is a touchback. Rule 6-3-1 and2. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If a player K gains possession of a grounded ball it is dead and cannot be advanced.

If the ball inadvertantly touches a K player,(first touching) that spot should be bean bagged, the ball is still live, 'til someone downs or possesses the ball in the field of play.

wow! Sorry that took place. I hope they catch the criminals.