The South Rebel Ride

hogonice

Well, sorry man. No harm intended. Just an old guy here trying to get involved in the spirit of the game. I disagree with you but there will be no more posts.

Your OK, my intent wasn't to call you down, I appreciate your spirit. I have posted on here for a while and lurked even longer, so I know how most people on here will attack, attack, attack. Please keep posting! GO BIG BLUE!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, sorry man. No harm intended. Just an old guy here trying to get involved in the spirit of the game. I disagree with you but there will be no more posts.

Don't spoil the fun. A complete poetic set would enable you to wrest MVP (Most Valuable Poster) in East Tennessee from Comp, Cap, and Waco.

Go Hog!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Tennessee High appears to have an easier road to the third round with Volunteer and Greeneville. South, yet again, will have to go through Morristown East and Morristown West, albeit it earlier in the playoffs. Although not having the usual year, Morristown East plays good defense and can run the ball and the same can be said for Morristown West. Should be interesting to see. Go Rebels.

South's likely road to the Title is THS (last week), Mo-East, Mo-West, Greeneville, Maryville, and Clarksville. Awfully hard to do that on consecutive weeks. I wish them the best as they are NET's best chance to advance deep.

South's likely road to the Title is THS (last week), Mo-East, Mo-West, Greeneville, Maryville, and Clarksville. Awfully hard to do that on consecutive weeks. I wish them the best as they are NET's best chance to advance deep.

Because they have been consistently inconsistent, MoEast and MoWest seem to be the most vulnerable, although I would love to see the Greeneville/South rematch to see who gets chewed up by Maryville. South is a great team but rather vulnerable (I would say Curt has a great big bulls-eye on him right now). Greeneville is multi-dimensional but small up front.I can't comment on THS, unfortunately, because I haven't seen them, but from what I've read could be just as big a threat as anyone from the region. We would be well represented by any of the top 4 teams here but I wouldn't clear a spot in the trophy case.

Red Bank, Hillsboro, Henry County, and Melrose may argue with you on that!

I'm moving so I don't have much CoachT time. Didn't get to comment much on the Vikings/South contest. Suffice to say that Bristol busted our chops. Stacy made a tremendous blunder (remember Greenville) by not using our RB's. Fletcher marched from the 35 to the red zone just before the half only to watch Stacy call for the Shotgun to punch it in. Not. Don't know what the issue is with this thinking. When you're hot you're hot. THS could not stop #15 and I dare say he would not have scored. We score before the half and the Viking will is broken. Sad to say the South offense doesn't work that way. So, we drop to 4th in the state. We looked weak. We do have about 65 players dressed out. Curt showed that heart wins football games. The O line and D line are awesome. The Vikings were winded in the 4th meanwhile the Rebels were about to hit the Nitrous. No doubt the Vikings best game of the season. If the Rebels can burn down Morristown then we will stand errect and be prepared to give Bristol the full Curt Phillips show instead of a trailer. That will be the second Manassas. A tall order...burning down Morristown.

The Vikings...will demolish Volunteer and Greenville. Yes, I said Greenville. Sorry 'Devils, you don't have a prayer. They will be on you like Kennedy on Monroe. I thought you had team speed...well they reinvented it. Plus they have some Sherman tanks. Their defense is demon possesed. Volunteer...you will kick them in the heel...they will crush your head.

MoEast? They will be ready to repeat on Sullivan South. The Rebels will find out if we have any pride or not. Stacy must prove his worth all over again. From what I understand the loss of Dockery was irrelevant in MoEast's scheme of things. My guess is they will be surprised by the current Rebels. '07 is much more of a "Team" than '06. Canefan...you didn't agree when in early August I predicted Greenville to take the IMAC. When I saw you against SHHS in the preseason I was not impressed. I think now you are playing the best ball of your year. It was said that you ran Greenville all over the field but the score just didn't agree. We will take that to heart. We know you know it's all or nothing. Well, we feel the same way. If we ever knew to take it one game at a time it would be now. We have a multitude of weapons...whether we use them or not is yet to be seen. Prepare well for the South Wind blows cold in the Valley of Death. Rebel Nation.

I'm moving so I don't have much CoachT time. Didn't get to comment much on the Vikings/South contest. Suffice to say that Bristol busted our chops. Stacy made a tremendous blunder (remember Greenville) by not using our RB's. Fletcher marched from the 35 to the red zone just before the half only to watch Stacy call for the Shotgun to punch it in. Not. Don't know what the issue is with this thinking. When you're hot you're hot. THS could not stop #15 and I dare say he would not have scored. We score before the half and the Viking will is broken. Sad to say the South offense doesn't work that way. So, we drop to 4th in the state. We looked weak. We do have about 65 players dressed out. Curt showed that heart wins football games. The O line and D line are awesome. The Vikings were winded in the 4th meanwhile the Rebels were about to hit the Nitrous. No doubt the Vikings best game of the season. If the Rebels can burn down Morristown then we will stand errect and be prepared to give Bristol the full Curt Phillips show instead of a trailer. That will be the second Manassas. A tall order...burning down Morristown.

The Vikings...will demolish Volunteer and Greenville. Yes, I said Greenville. Sorry 'Devils, you don't have a prayer. They will be on you like Kennedy on Monroe. I thought you had team speed...well they reinvented it. Plus they have some Sherman tanks. Their defense is demon possesed. Volunteer...you will kick them in the heel...they will crush your head.

MoEast? They will be ready to repeat on Sullivan South. The Rebels will find out if we have any pride or not. Stacy must prove his worth all over again. From what I understand the loss of Dockery was irrelevant in MoEast's scheme of things. My guess is they will be surprised by the current Rebels. '07 is much more of a "Team" than '06. Canefan...you didn't agree when in early August I predicted Greenville to take the IMAC. When I saw you against SHHS in the preseason I was not impressed. I think now you are playing the best ball of your year. It was said that you ran Greenville all over the field but the score just didn't agree. We will take that to heart. We know you know it's all or nothing. Well, we feel the same way. If we ever knew to take it one game at a time it would be now. We have a multitude of weapons...whether we use them or not is yet to be seen. Prepare well for the South Wind blows cold in the Valley of Death. Rebel Nation.

THE FALCONS ARE COMING TO CRUSH YOUR HEADS AFTER WE GET DONE WITH GREENVILLE!!!!

Nice predictions! Hope you dont do this for a living. If so quit your day job!

"LETS ROLL FALCONS" Nice predictions.

THE FALCONS ARE COMING TO CRUSH YOUR HEADS AFTER WE GET DONE WITH GREENVILLE!!!!

Nice predictions! Hope you dont do this for a living. If so quit your day job!

"LETS ROLL FALCONS" Nice predictions.

Falcondad you just roam looking to start a fight. Go ahead and take your little walk down to Greeneville and IF you get past them (big if) you are welcome to come to death valley so the rebels can put you little birds in a cage.

Moving is the hardest work you do so let's all give Comp a Mulligan on what is the single post this year with the worst predictions.

Comp, complete your move and relax in time for M-W.

Cap, I assume you have gone to BBall.

Do the Rebels have a chance for tremedous accomplishment - yes.

Do the Rebels have a chance to be whipped by M-W - yes.

This Rebel team is a little like the Tennessee Vols right now. They must take it one week at a time. If they do, they avoid key injuries, and they continue to get the breaks then it could be a special season.

In any event , they are having a great run which will be continued next year with surprising ferocity. At this point, I must admit SS has supplanted THS as the premier 4-A program in NET and is the second overall program (to D-/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />.

• 3 weeks later...

Listen Rebel fans and you will hear

Bout the Friday night ride that's oh so near.

When the gate is opened and the Rebel hosses run out

The crowd in Death Valley gonna whoop and shout.

10 Hoss Phillips with his nostrils all flared

Gonna squint his eyes cause he's been dared.

Crosshair targets will suddenly appear

As the football gods whisper in his ear!

More to come................................

Hey: Ho Go Nice, Will this week be part four. I miss your prose.

Hey: Ho Go Nice, Will this week be part four. I miss your prose.

I appreciate your kind words but at the time I began that missive, I was relatively new to the board. After some wise counsel from 83SouthRebel I decided to suspend the posting that I had prepared. He aluded to the fact that many would attack as he had been a poster for some time and knew how things went. Even at my age, I know when to listen to the younger men who've been around this type of thing for some time. I have now been posting a little longer and have found the wise words of 83SouthRebel to ring true. Perhaps after the fact I shall opine with a Rebel poem but for now, it is safely packed away in my desk drawer. Much like another poster said, my work keeps me from posting and reading as I would like to. I'm drawn to CoachT for the same reasons as many of you, to see outstanding young men and Coaches lifted up in discussions that lend learning to all. Again, my thanks for your encouragement but at this juncture will hold off on any further poetry until the time is right. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> And the name is Hog on Ice.............hogonice.

I appreciate your kind words but at the time I began that missive, I was relatively new to the board. After some wise counsel from 83SouthRebel I decided to suspend the posting that I had prepared. He aluded to the fact that many would attack as he had been a poster for some time and knew how things went. Even at my age, I know when to listen to the younger men who've been around this type of thing for some time. I have now been posting a little longer and have found the wise words of 83SouthRebel to ring true. Perhaps after the fact I shall opine with a Rebel poem but for now, it is safely packed away in my desk drawer. Much like another poster said, my work keeps me from posting and reading as I would like to. I'm drawn to CoachT for the same reasons as many of you, to see outstanding young men and Coaches lifted up in discussions that lend learning to all. Again, my thanks for your encouragement but at this juncture will hold off on any further poetry until the time is right. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> And the name is Hog on Ice.............hogonice.

Sorry about the name thing. I also have a horrible time with personalized license plates. Have a safe trip to Maryville on friday. I have nothing but respect for your team and fans. Even though my dad is from Carter County, I can't pull for you like the Hampton fans, but that is the way it should be. We even pull for Alcoa this time of the year.