McNairy Central vs David Lipscomb

sportsnutdad

i think its pretty amusing listening to those who think dl recruits.i mean is it because of their size..starting right guard 180lbs or left guard 175bs or the nose guard 175lbs..yeah that really sounds like a team that recruits.i guess its the play makers on the team like holt and moneypenny...bet you didnt know they didnt even start on the freshman team they just committed themselves to the weight room. if its not that then its b/c they bring in solid athletes every year from a different school.point out one starter on the team that hasnt been at dl since middle school and we'll talk.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to beating them is getting off blocks on defense and when you have the ball you to be able to block their ends with one guy. We couldn't. They ate our line up and lb's ran free. The biggest difference between DL and most schools is execution and that comes from coaching and having a real program that develops kids. Most public schools don't have the resources to fund enough coaches to do that and at lexington, for example, we don't have enough players to fill out a jv team and a varsity team and a freshman team.

THATS THE KEY..EXECUTION,EXECUTION,EXECUTION ..BLOCKING TECHINQUES ARE THE BEST ASSET TO DL SUCCESS.. DL HAS IT DOWN PAT TO THE MAN!!

i think its pretty amusing listening to those who think dl recruits.i mean is it because of their size..starting right guard 180lbs or left guard 175bs or the nose guard 175lbs..yeah that really sounds like a team that recruits.i guess its the play makers on the team like holt and moneypenny...bet you didnt know they didnt even start on the freshman team they just committed themselves to the weight room. if its not that then its b/c they bring in solid athletes every year from a different school.point out one starter on the team that hasnt been at dl since middle school and we'll talk.

I know absolutely nothing about DL except that they are always a contender ! BUT ............... ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU GUYS AREN'T USING GENETIC ENGINEERING ? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just pokin' a little fun since the back & forth about recruiting & such ! We ARE supposed to have fun on here .......ain't we ? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

McNairy is not the typical #4 seed. They beat the 6-3A #1 seed 28-6 and they also beat the 7-3A #1 seed 38-7. if the Bobcats beat the 5-3A #1 seed then they will right away become the favorite out of the west half of the bracket to go to the Blue Cross Bowl. I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE A #4 SEED OR NOT!!!! David Lipscomb is a fine football team that has steamrolled to a 9-1 season and gone un-tested in the region throughout the season. This is where their season really begins because I am sure that the Mustangs are tired of finishing runner-up. They've done this now for 3 out of 4 years since winning it all in 2002. I personally feel that David Lipscomb is the best Class 3A team in the state this year hands down /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

David Lipscomb: 42

McNairy Central: 14

yeah they wore out dyer county in week THREE but that was possibly the best thing to happen to dc..it would b so nice for a rematch but ill tell ya take it one game at a time..there's some heart on that mcnairy central so i have faith in them

What about having your kids repeat 8th grade? Is it true Lipscomb has historically held back athletes in 8th grade so they'll be stronger, faster, more familiar with the system? I'm assuming if Lipscomb does this it's allowed by the TSSAA. If so, maybe some of the publics should hold their good athletes back so their kids will be turning 19 instead of 18 during their senior year. At that age one more year of physical maturation makes a ton of difference.

Over the past several years, I can only recall 2 players. One graduated last year. He had a December 21st Birthday and was the one of the youngest in the 8th grade. His parents upon recommendation of his teachers held him back. There is only one on this year's squad. When kids enter school in a pre-first grade, they don't have much of an opportunity to be held back anywhere else later on down the road. Example, Lipscomb had one player who's last year was his junior season due to his age (last year) You might be thinking of those basketball players of the mid-1980's that held back.

Over the past several years, I can only recall 2 players. One graduated last year. He had a December 21st Birthday and was the one of the youngest in the 8th grade. His parents upon recommendation of his teachers held him back. There is only one on this year's squad. When kids enter school in a pre-first grade, they don't have much of an opportunity to be held back anywhere else later on down the road. Example, Lipscomb had one player who's last year was his junior season due to his age (last year) You might be thinking of those basketball players of the mid-1980's that held back.

Yeah, I believe Jerry Meyer was the most notable in basketball. More recently, what about Ethan in football? You're right about the pre-first element. If you elect to do pre-first for your child they will be older as a senior. I guess in a sense you would be holding them back when their 6 years old. If they ultimately become a good athlete in high school their physical maturation would be a bonus.

Yeah, I believe Jerry Meyer was the most notable in basketball. More recently, what about Ethan in football? You're right about the pre-first element. If you elect to do pre-first for your child they will be older as a senior. I guess in a sense you would be holding them back when their 6 years old. If they ultimately become a good athlete in high school their physical maturation would be a bonus.

Ethan came to Lipscomb in the eight grade, which probably would it his repeat year. I could be wrong on that, which would have been in the late 1990's. Ethan in the early days was not destined to be a quarterback on a football team but a basketball player. That changed during his freshman year because he lost that year due to the grade repeat and into his sophomore year. He didn't get to play or show much until his Junior year.

OK, I have bit my tongue, which doesn't feel good, for the whole year. I have tried to stay off the board all year since my interest in the program is not as great as it use to be. However, as an almnus, I will not let my alma mater be ripped to shreds. We do not cheat, recruit, hold kids back in the 8th grade, or name whatever else you want.

I, Happy A. Clown, corditially invite anybody that will to come to the game tonight and witness Lipscomb Game Day. It is unique and special. This is why we win. We have involved parents. We also run, block, tackle, and eat a lot of food, lots! Some more than others, but that is the secret to all success. Tackling, Tailgaiting, Running, More Tailgaiting, Blocking, and Nutty Buddies.

If the TSSAA tries to split us from publics, we still have our Nutty Buddies and fish fries. You can take our Nutty Buddies, but you can't take our Buddies Nuts.

Sorry, but I have to stand up for my school.

I will not be back again, this year or ever, unless unwarranted attacks are issued.

Thanks to by buddy the Catfish-Hunter, Big Country.

Bayron