11/16 Greenbrier at White House

timbdp

OK...So let's say the game will be like the first..WH turns it over 5 times.... Then the game will be close??? That sounds like what you are saying, to me. It is in any teams favor if the other turns it over 5 times.

No, if our passing game is clicking, then the running game will to eventually. 5 turnovers and GB still lost.

Appears to me Greenbriers gameplan is critical if they are to win. We turned it over and still won.

You guys need to quit with the psych stuff and face the reality of the situation.

It didn't take long for the BDP arrogance to rear it's ugly head.....

However, I did appreciate and respect what Coach Porter and the White House community did for the Polk County coach.

Greenbrier is the underdog....just like last week. Anything can happen.

Good luck Bobcats.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I did appreciate and respect what Coach Porter and the White House community did for the Polk County coach.

Good luck Bobcats.

I agree that Porter runs a good program at White House...they are always good.

I also agree that tend to be arrogant, so I would love to see Greenbrier beat them Friday. Go Bobcats!

Good luck Bobcats.

No, not arrogence at all. A couple of fans got on here with the psych stuff about should we be worried about GB pass defense or should we run.... Like we have some critical decision to make. There is no decision here, we know what you guys will do and you know what we will do......I didn't realize there is some big secret here...

No, the reality is we turned the ball over, 5 times, but found a way to win. If we do that again, we may lose, just as GB could lose with 5 turnovers.

Maybe if you and Cat2 were not so uptight you'd understand the post, instead of jumping to a conclusion that is not there, only assumption on your part.

Don't see the issue with stating that with 5 TO, we found a way to win and calling your psych bluff. I guess it's OK for a GB fan to have a little fun, but if a WH fan does, it becomes arrogence. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

OK...So let's say the game will be like the first..WH turns it over 5 times.... Then the game will be close??? That sounds like what you are saying, to me. It is in any teams favor if the other turns it over 5 times.

No, if our passing game is clicking, then the running game will to eventually. 5 turnovers and GB still lost.

Appears to me Greenbriers gameplan is critical if they are to win. We turned it over and still won.

You guys need to quit with the psych stuff and face the reality of the situation.

Psych stuff...hmmm? For as long as we've all been posting on this board... you honestly think anything you, I, Cat2, CoachHard, or anyone else has to say is going to affect this game one iota? I really don't expect Coach Porter to change his game plan or for the WH QB or receivers to suddenly be filled with doubt because a GB fan states an opinion. I doubt you believe it either. You just saw a chance to stir the pot.

Good job! Way to pick up on and state the obvious.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Of course that's what I'm saying but I'm trying to say it as part of a discussion and to keep the jabs from starting back and forth. I respect the WH program, have a great many friends there, and enjoy the discussion. I'll still try to keep the thread from getting heated but I'm curious why you always seem to feel the need to do the opposite. I enjoy discussions.... I get no pleasure in trying to irk others. To each his own.

Yeah, you turned it over 5 times and won. GB also turned it over a few. You also had a call go your way in the final few minutes that if it's called correctly, you more than likely lose. Even after the call, you had to complete basically a hail-mary pass that also should have been picked off, to keep your drive going. Then you hit a 40+ yard field goal to win it. You actually never got your passing OR running game clicking last time. What I was trying to say and say it with some tact was that if WH comes out trying to throw deep like you did last time, you'll probably turn it over several times again and you're going to keep Greenbrier in the game. No psych stuff here... just STATING the reality of the situation. Your defense is solid as usual but your "O" just isn't what it usually is. Your running game didn't accomplish much against GB and unless you have a different QB throwing it, your passing game isn't as much of a threat as you want to believe it is. Your QB is a good ball player but his passing game is a ways away from being a game changer.

Just curious...were you at the last game?

I'll say it as I did before... It's WH's game to lose.

Ditto on the donations.....

Now please, right me a song. Maybe something to the tune of Gilligan's Island or The Brady Bunch... maybe you can call it, "The Dandy Bunch"..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Psych stuff...hmmm? For as long as we've all been posting on this board... you honestly think anything you, I, Cat2, CoachHard, or anyone else has to say is going to affect this game one iota? I really don't expect Coach Porter to change his game plan or for the WH receivers to try extra hard because a GB fan states an opinion. I doubt you believe it either. You just saw a chance to stir the pot.

Good job! Way to pick up on and state the obvious.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Of course that's what I'm saying but I'm trying to say it as part of a discussion and to keep the jabs from starting back and forth. I respect the WH program, have a great many friends there, and enjoy the discussion. I'll still try to keep the thread from getting heated but I'm curious why you always seem to feel the need to do the opposite. I enjoy discussions.... I get no pleasure in trying to irk others. To each his own.

Yeah, you turned it over 5 times and won. GB also turned it over a few. You also had a call go your way in the final few minutes that if it's called correctly, you more than likely lose. Even after the call, you had to complete basically a hail-mary pass that also should have been picked off, to keep your drive going. Then you hit a 40+ yard field goal to win it. You actually never got your passing OR running game clicking last time. What I was trying to say and say it with some tact was that if WH comes out trying to throw deep like you did last time, you'll probably turn it over several times again and you're going to keep Greenbrier in the game. No psych stuff here... just STATING the reality of the situation. Your defense is solid as usual but your "O" just isn't what it usually is. Your running game didn't accomplish much agaisnt GB and unless you have a different QB throwing it, your passing game isn't as much of a threat as you want to believe it is. Your QB is a good ball player but his passing game is a ways away from being a game changer.

Now please, right me a song. Maybe something to the tune of Gilligan's Island or The Brady Bunch... maybe you can call it, "The Dandy Bunch"..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Whoooa....NoDoubt you've been eating your Wheaties! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

But seriously, I did talk to a WH starter's parent. They let me in on a secret. They are going to see if they can get Ziegler out of Greenwade's playbook. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> We'll see.....................

Oooops...sorry....no psych. I forgot. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

i don't think round 2 will be nearly as close u all think. Round 1 was our worst perforance of the year and all i've heard all week is that we r out 2 prove a point about the way we played the first time. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Don't you think we've heard the same thing???

Psych stuff...hmmm? For as long as we've all been posting on this board... you honestly think anything you, I, Cat2, CoachHard, or anyone else has to say is going to affect this game one iota? I really don't expect Coach Porter to change his game plan or for the WH QB or receivers to suddenly be filled with doubt because a GB fan states an opinion. I doubt you believe it either. You just saw a chance to stir the pot.

Yeah, you turned it over 5 times and won. GB also turned it over a few. You also had a call go your way in the final few minutes that if it's called correctly, you more than likely lose. Even after the call, you had to complete basically a hail-mary pass that also should have been picked off, to keep your drive going. Then you hit a 40+ yard field goal to win it. You actually never got your passing OR running game clicking last time. What I was trying to say and say it with some tact was that if WH comes out trying to throw deep like you did last time, you'll probably turn it over several times again and you're going to keep Greenbrier in the game. No psych stuff here... just STATING the reality of the situation. Your defense is solid as usual but your "O" just isn't what it usually is. Your running game didn't accomplish much against GB and unless you have a different QB throwing it, your passing game isn't as much of a threat as you want to believe it is. Your QB is a good ball player but his passing game is a ways away from being a game changer.

Ditto on the donations.....

No, I did not stir the pot.....A couple of your fans are just a little sensitive and jumped to a conclusion. I have no issue (and also do not believe a fan on these boards has any bearing on the game) with the back and forth at all....Just lose the sensitivity.... go read the GB posts about the pass or run..... Kinda tongue in cheek, I believe, but I do the same and accused of arrogence... LOL.... GB fans start hallucinating that I said GB should not show up for the game and such nonsense....LOL....

Hey, don't tell me you are not playin' mind games...Don't tell me other pure as the driven snow GB fans were not either...LOL.... What did you call it "irk"??? Like I said, sounded tongue in cheek to me but I do it and you guys go all postal.....LOL... Call me arrogent....LOL..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Get all "irked"..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But I agree...It is our game to lose. I mean, you are just a little ole 4th seed. LOLOLOL

Turnovers were big....Should have been one more....The first spike on the WH last drive was a fumble that the refs blew the whistle on. He threw the ball to the ground behind his feet as he turned to his right.

Greenbrier got hurt there and also on the catch at the 5 for a first down. Wait one offical said he didn't catch it but eveyryone knows he did...

There are alot of things that come into play in a game....Ask ohio st and the suspendid refs.

Turnovers were big....Should have beenone more....The first spike on the WH last drive was a fumble that the refs blew the whistle on. He threw the ball to the ground behind his feetnasnhe turned to his right.

Greenbrier got hurt there and also on the catch at the 5 for a first down. Wait one offical said he didn't catch it but eveyryone knows he did...

There are alot of things that come into play in a game....Ask ohio st and the suspendid refs.

Calls are just part of the game. Get your share of "good" and "bad".....They are just things that come in play in a game.

If either team is focused on what they believe was a bad call...then they will lose.

No, I did not stir the pot.....A couple of your fans are just a little sensitive and jumped to a conclusion. I have no issue (and also do not believe a fan on these boards has any bearing on the game) with the back and forth at all....Just lose the sensitivity.... go read the GB posts about the pass or run..... Kinda tongue in cheek, I believe, but I do the same and accused of arrogence... LOL.... GB fans start hallucinating that I said GB should not show up for the game and such nonsense....LOL....

Hey, don't tell me you are not playin' mind games...Don't tell me other pure as the driven snow GB fans were not either...LOL.... What did you call it "irk"??? Like I said, sounded tongue in cheek to me but I do it and you guys go all postal.....LOL... Call me arrogent....LOL..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Get all "irked"..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But I agree...It is our game to lose. I mean, you are just a little ole 4th seed. LOLOLOL

I did just what you suggested. I went back and read the posts. Each of the posts related to the run/pass issue were mine and as I stated above... they were part of discussion about the game. No mind games. There was nothing meant "tongue-in-cheek" whatsoever. Who would I be playing mind games with? How YOU take it when you read it is something that you have to deal with. Maybe when you read something into a post it's because you're looking for something so you'll have a reason to snap back? (Do you own a copy of "The Conspiracy Theory" ?.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) If I'm not mistaken... seems that you were the one that stirred the pot in the last GB/WH thread and started the negative posts rolling. It's what you do...lol It's your style! What's interesting is that you want to keep saying that GB fans are too sensitive or "how dare they accuse me of arrogance" but yet you keep picking at that sore and you keep getting in your little digs. That's like telling someone, "I'm going to hit you with this stick but don't you react to it because I'm just playing around."

Again... to each is own. Some like to discuss on the boards, some take pleasure in ruffling feathers (aka IRK), and some are in-between. I personally could care less when you start your stuff but try not imagine something into, and use my posts as your cause.

This will be one HECK of a game tomorrow night. If today's weather is any indication as to what it will be like come game time, it's gonna be a cold one for sure.

I'm not going to get into all the back and forth stuff between fans. Nothing good comes from any of that. I hope White House wins and I'm going to the game expecting that to happen. Regardless of who wins, THEY WILL HAVE TO EARN IT....