Oneida @ Hampton

Bulldogs#1

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...all these predictions..hey PUJO...should we even make the trip over there

i will go ahead and answer that for you. No, you shouldn't make the trip. It will give us another week to prepare for Midway and a big plus by not risking our players to injury and it would save me from standing on the sideline until halftime. If you all don't show up, we can all just go ahead and go to Applebee's without having to wait till halftime when the starters get taken out. haha j/k. ya'll should come just so you can see the team you have been hearing about...

This game will definately be different than the first meeting. Hampton is moving the ball with ease and are absolutely drilling teams. They have the best defense that I have seen this year. One factor in the first meeting was that Jared Irick went out after only 3 snaps. He is a machine and Oneida will have to stop him plus Jaynes, plus Blackmon, and then stop the big plays from Lunsford throwing to Newbern and Milhorn. Hampton is putting the ball in the air much better than they have all year long. Just think, Hampton has killed the past two teams (Cloudland, Coalfield) without their starting defensive end and leading tackler Andy Hardin. I can't wait to see the show that the Dawgs are going to put on this week...

Wow...all these predictions..hey PUJO...should we even make the trip over there

I think if I were you , I,d venture on over. A feller ask me last week if I thought it would be worth while to load the Coalfield kids up. I told him ,I didn,t think it would do them any good. I think he believes me now. I may be wrong ,but the way Hampton has been playing lately, it will take the best effort Oneida has given all year to get a victory. I,m pretty sure Hampton has the better team, but its no different than ever , the best team don,t always win. The last game was not near as close as the scoreboard showed, we killed ourselves with penalties all night, on the other hand ,we kept aiding you;re drives. To be quite honest, I don,t know how you are going to move the ball. I,m also saying Hampton by at least 21.

Ok I still have to disagree with that score...Yes we lost our starting QB,but we still have 11 players on both side of the ball who are out for revenge..as for the back-up qb,being put in the spotlight in week 2 of playoffs is a big challenge and I really think the guys will boost him up and he should play exceptionally well..I just dont see you all stopping players on the offense like Lewallen,Sexton,Hutson not to mention our outstanding and ever improving o-line then on defense..well they speak for themselves..

This will be a great game and different results than the last time we made the trip up there to get robbed,,I mean beat(talk about getting comments on that one)..Yea I am aware you all have made great strides of improvement just as well as Oneida has...This will be a close game..and if it's not..I am sure I will hear about it from your fans..

But folks sorry..I just see Oneida pulling this one off and it will be no surprise to me...

Let the comments about this statement begin...I'm waiting after all isn't that what this thread is about

Well.....I'm a little reserved this week because I was looking forward to Tory S. being in our line-up. He is a good kid, and his improvement through each week this season was clearly evident. He was really getting Coach Wright's offense down pat. Heck, he took his last carry 25 or more yards before that gut wrenching tackle. You've all seen them before.....a hit or tackle where you knew (immediately) someone wasn't going to get up. Sorry to say that was Tory this week.

We got a real hurdle on our hands. Imagine if you will.....Hampton had lost Lunsford this week. It would be kinda tough on the Bulldogs too, don't ya think? I wouldn't think they (Hampton) would throw a white towel out, and I don't think Tony Lambert knows what a white towel means. So you guys are going to get a ball game, and it would surprise me if the Tribe doesn't give a commendable effort on their fallen teammates behalf! In fact, it would disappoint me, because you have already proved you are a worthy opponent to the Bulldogs.

H. Sexton, J. Lewallen, B. Hutson, A. Buttram, T. Blevins, and anyone else who puts their hands on the ball Friday Night has to do the work of two people. (themselves and Tory) I think the table is set.....it's time to eat. Good luck and Semper Fe.

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Kazzy

I love it! Ya'll just take the week off. I wouldn't even practice. It's just lil ole Oneida coming to town. Nothing to worry bout. Get out your Midway films!

This will be the 3rd time in just over a year these two teams have played. These boys know each other very well. Oneida made the big long drive last year. The Indians will be prepared. As for Hampton's fullback, I am certain he is a stud if he starts for the Bulldogs. But he's not any better than Ray-Ray or the kid from Rockwood. Hampton showed a bit of their passing game in September and wisely sat on it. It will be laser sharp Friday and in full force. But I can't imagine anyone throwing better than Admiral Nelson from CG.

Oneida has a few new starters on Defense since the Hapmton and Coalfield games. There will be alot on new helmets on the field. Fresh legs all night long. I think this game is going to be very close. I can't wait!

Ok I still have to disagree with that score...Yes we lost our starting QB,but we still have 11 players on both side of the ball who are out for revenge..as for the back-up qb,being put in the spotlight in week 2 of playoffs is a big challenge and I really think the guys will boost him up and he should play exceptionally well..I just dont see you all stopping players on the offense like Lewallen,Sexton,Hutson not to mention our outstanding and ever improving o-line then on defense..well they speak for themselves..

This will be a great game and different results than the last time we made the trip up there to get robbed,,I mean beat(talk about getting comments on that one)..Yea I am aware you all have made great strides of improvement just as well as Oneida has...This will be a close game..and if it's not..I am sure I will hear about it from your fans..

But folks sorry..I just see Oneida pulling this one off and it will be no surprise to me...

Let the comments about this statement begin...I'm waiting after all isn't that what this thread is about

I don,t go at this stuff in the dark ,I look at like opponents, yardage against like opponents and there is alot of evidence in this game. On paper ,it looks like a no brainer. I,m sure the team will have extra motivation after losing to Hampton and losing their QB. Motivation is great ,but would you rather have a little extra motivation or have the QB. In the other meeting , our Qb was sicker than a dog, threw up all day long and was still throwing up during the game, we also lost our fullback and MLB.. We should be at full health in this one. Everything I,ve looked at tells me Hampton is the better team, but we might ought to play it anyway. As far as letting you know what happened after the game, I,m not to big on that, I don,tlike rubbing salt in a bunch of kids wounds. Losing a ballgame is not a disgrace, if it were, I wouldn't allow my kids to play. We should all be proud of these kids who work their tails off year around just to entertain us of Friday nights. I always feel bad for the losing teams in the playoffs ,because their are always good kids out there that will never get to put the pads on again. I'm a BIG fan ,but I'm also a person who can take winning and losing for what it is. I do enjoy winning quite a bit more lol

To all the Oneida Indian Players:

I find is unsettling that the number of posters from Hampton have served you with a level of disrespect that not only challenges your tradition, but even your manhood. The Hampton fans want to know how they stack up against Midway, a week before that game even exists. Lest we fail to realize the significance of the moment, you boys get the privilege of again proving the Dogs faithful wrong. Although last time we didn't complete the job, you get a whole new opportunity this week. I'm relatively sure we haven't thought that far forward, I know I haven't.(And I certainly wouldn't have voiced it on CoachT!) /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I respect the Bulldog Program, but I also realize their team isn't infallible. Roop is huge, but so was Goliath! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> You know, it looks like you had earned a level of resect by taking Hampton to the wire, but by the way their fans are talking, they think the two point win had nothing to do with our team, and the results were entirely because their kids "played bad". I know the players that lined up across from you know otherwise, but I think the comments have gotten mighty tasteless. In any "battle", it takes two to tango! Show up Friday, and show them you know how to dance, too! These are just my opinions, its just the vibe that is coming out of the Bulldog Camp. You have a chance to keep their next game from ever even happening.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazzy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />