Dobyns Bennett @ Farragut

DBstudent

Are you SURE about the live video that we can watch of this game? Don't get me wrong, I will watch it if available; but it was my understanding that durng the playoffs the TSSAA did not allow this because they claim it could take away from the gate. A stupid excuse by the TSSAA; but DB had the same thing with live video the last two years (05 & 06) and were not allowed to broadcast the playoff games. I hope I am wrong or that the rule changed because I would love to watch the game since I can't go. Can anyone tell us for sure? Was the Jeff Co game on live video?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if Farragut is able to do it dont tell anyone /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .. the website says it will be on there...

"The victory moves Farragut into the second round at 10-1 where Farragut will host Dobyns-Bennett next Friday night. Kickoff is at 7:00 PM. The game will be carried live on WFIV 105.3 FM and the video broadcast will be available over the Internet from this web site."

shhhhhhhh /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I love it. DB is playing the under dog role. Likewise, DB's schedule has helped them develop and realize they can play with region 2 (by that I mean William Blount, Oak Ridge, and Tennessee High, by no means did Elizabethton help anybody except Sensabaugh). If you can recall, in the William Blount game Garner got his, in the Bearden game Works got his, in the Oak Ridge games Stephens got his, results? Against William Blount, DB fumbles a punt late when down 17-14, William Blount runs clock and punches in a touchdown late to seal the deal. Against Bearden, play to 0-0 tie and go to overtime, in overtime a botched PAT try and gutsy run by the Bulldogs quarterback scores the win for Bearden. Against Oak Ridge the first time, DB fumbles late when tied 7-7 and lost 14-7 late, Oak Ridge in the second game, DB won the turnovers battle and scored the big play and held on long enough on D to get the win 21-14. Lesson? Though the back may bow it will not break. EAch of the big rushers in those four games got theres, but the game was stilled there for the taking. The goal is not to stop him (Sterling), the goal is to contain him (and by contain, I use the term lightly). Sterling will get his, just don't let him dominate the game.

This Indians squad plays with heart, I'll take the guys and the coaching staff and put then up against against anybody in the state. They may not win every game, but at the end of the day you will say 'that was a good TEAM'. Let them talk, Farragut doesn't know much about the Indians tradition. 700 wins don't come from winning the games your expected to win and losing the games your expected to lose, 700 wins come from winning the big ones too. If you want to mention the DB choking trend, save it because it does not apply to this years team. If you want to say they choked against William Blount, Bearden, and Oak Ridge it was more mistakes and the other team capitlizing on them than choking, if I recollect they were the under dog in each of those games too. This year the Tribe is not overrated and they deserve everyones respect. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And by the way, the thread from earlier this season trying to compare Sterling and Sensabaugh...well, I guess we will see this Friday night. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Sensabaugh would be honored to be compared to Sterling. Sensabaugh will be and is a great back; but right now Sterling is the big dog and has more knowledge of the game and experience. No doubt both are awesome athletes, but sensabaugh has just begun and has not peaked yet. He may learn a few things from Sterling; then again, the rookie might have a few tricks for the master, you never know.

From the Dukart Leads List of Rhoten Allstate D-B Players of the Week article on tricitiessports.com

by Ron Bliss, TriCitiesSports.com, November 11, 2007:

"The Indians will be underdogs this week at Knox Farragut. The Admirals beat Jefferson County on Friday, 43-13, but Clark notes it was just 10-7 at halftime and Farragut opened the second half with a kickoff return for a score.

"Andre Sterling is the guy who makes it happen for them,'' said Clark. "He's rushed for 2,377 yards. He's got speed but he basically just runs through tackles. He has a vicious stiff-arm.''

Sterling is basically the size of D-B's Sensabaugh -- 5-11, 185 -- but is a senior, while Sensabaugh is a freshman.

"I can only hope that Chris is that good by the time he is a senior,'' said Clark.

Sensabaugh has rushed for 766 yards on 93 carries, but didn't start playing until the fifth game of the season and has done his damage in six games.

The last time D-B played Farragut in the playoffs, the Indians prevailed 41-14 in 2000. They also played in the playoffs in 1994 and 1995.

"We have actually tried to schedule them in regular season, but it's not worked out,'' said Clark."

well if Farragut is able to do it dont tell anyone /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .. the website says it will be on there...

"The victory moves Farragut into the second round at 10-1 where Farragut will host Dobyns-Bennett next Friday night. Kickoff is at 7:00 PM. The game will be carried live on WFIV 105.3 FM and the video broadcast will be available over the Internet from this web site."

shhhhhhhh /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great looking website by the way

I love it. DB is playing the under dog role. Likewise, DB's schedule has helped them develop and realize they can play with region 2 (by that I mean William Blount, Oak Ridge, and Tennessee High, by no means did Elizabethton help anybody except Sensabaugh). If you can recall, in the William Blount game Garner got his, in the Bearden game Works got his, in the Oak Ridge games Stephens got his, results? Against William Blount, DB fumbles a punt late when down 17-14, William Blount runs clock and punches in a touchdown late to seal the deal. Against Bearden, play to 0-0 tie and go to overtime, in overtime a botched PAT try and gutsy run by the Bulldogs quarterback scores the win for Bearden. Against Oak Ridge the first time, DB fumbles late when tied 7-7 and lost 14-7 late, Oak Ridge in the second game, DB won the turnovers battle and scored the big play and held on long enough on D to get the win 21-14. Lesson? Though the back may bow it will not break. EAch of the big rushers in those four games got theres, but the game was stilled there for the taking. The goal is not to stop him (Sterling), the goal is to contain him (and by contain, I use the term lightly). Sterling will get his, just don't let him dominate the game.

Correction, Works didn't get his in that game. He was held to 54 yards on 19 carries. That game was all on Halliday.

The one way you can get rid of that cheer is to "stop him!" But, that my friend is no easy task. But I also can see how it could be annoying.

YOU CANT STOP HIM is the greatest cheer of all time, the reason you guys hate it is cuz it gets under your skin and you know its true. i personally will make sure this chant goes on for all eternity.

I have been looking at some video highlights on the Farragut website. Without a doubt the best high school football website I have seen! Great job.

After watching some of the Sterling highlights vs Oak Ridge and Jeff Co. the DB players can not try to arm tackle this kid and expect to have any chance. I saw him throw a few vicious stiff arms as well. I suspect Catfish will have them ready to play.

This Indians squad plays with heart, I'll take the guys and the coaching staff and put then up against against anybody in the state. They may not win every game, but at the end of the day you will say 'that was a good TEAM'. Let them talk, Farragut doesn't know much about the Indians tradition. 700 wins don't come from winning the games your expected to win and losing the games your expected to lose, 700 wins come from winning the big ones too. If you want to mention the DB choking trend, save it because it does not apply to this years team. If you want to say they choked against William Blount, Bearden, and Oak Ridge it was more mistakes and the other team capitlizing on them than choking, if I recollect they were the under dog in each of those games too. This year the Tribe is not overrated and they deserve everyones respect. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And by the way, the thread from earlier this season trying to compare Sterling and Sensabaugh...well, I guess we will see this Friday night. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

DB does not deserve respect no-ofense but theyve lost to 3 teams that farragut has beaten i personally give no credit to sensabaugh he has nothing on sterling. it will be a good game but farragut will drop the anchor with a big W once again.

I just watched the highlight of #31 scoring the first TD against Oak Rdige where it appeared the OR defender was going to drag him down by the jersey and he pops out and reverses field and scores. I probably shouldn't have watched that at lunch /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />