Tyner Academy @ DCA

THS7758

I believe Wildcats 7 and 36 have been exposed, you are neither players nor fans of DCA. If so, you would know

the huge amount of respect DCA has for Tyner as they very well may be the best team they will face all year. They

appear to be loaded with talent and very well coached. I'm sure DCA knows they will have to play their best to have a chance for success in this game. We wish both teams well and may the best team win. As for 7 and 36,

don't waste any more of your time, go back to your own thread, oh, that's right, you're no longer playing are you.

...Very well said...It's always somebody on here that wants to be a part of something and can't!!! We respect every team and especially if they have made it this far...as always controlling the line of scrimmage will be the key and as someone else stated the team with the least mistakes(at crucial times)...I know it will be an excellent game!!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going with Tyner in this one. I don't believe that DCA can match the speed of Tyner. Could somebody tell me if Tyner wins on friday if they will be playing at home again. I went to their game last week and had a freakin blast and was wanting to see them play again. I am really regreting not going to watch them in the regular season. But if somebody could please answer that for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Tyner - 35

DCA - 21

I am going with Tyner in this one. I don't believe that DCA can match the speed of Tyner. Could somebody tell me if Tyner wins on friday if they will be playing at home again. I went to their game last week and had a freakin blast and was wanting to see them play again. I am really regreting not going to watch them in the regular season. But if somebody could please answer that for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Tyner - 35

DCA - 21

if they win then they would play the york-smith winner and

it would be on the road again

Looks good to me. No one has mentioned much about either teams passing attack. If both teams are blessed with outstanding run games, then it may be that this game could be decided by which team throws the pigskin best Friday night. Also, what do you guys think about both teams defense? I'll hang up and listen to your reply.

Tyner's defense has been exceptional against the run this year. I honestly believe that all of our losses have come against passing teams. Brainerd, Fulton, South Pittsburg, and McCallie all threw the ball very well against us. All of those games also included bad turnovers that led to points for the other team. As far as the line and linebackers they are all solid and fast, and playing their best football of the year. The secondary started this year very shaky and were getting exposed early in the season, however they have had several interceptions and played excellent man to man defense in the past 3 to 4 weeks. Tyner's defense will no doubt keep the pressure up this Friday night.

Tackles

Wilson Jackson 120 tackles

Keith Mayes 84 tackles

Tyrell Grayson 82 tackles

Sacks

Wilson Jackson 14 sacks

Keith Mayes 5 sacks

Tyrell Grayson 3 sacks

Tackles for Loss

Wilson Jackson 37

Keith Mayes 18

Tyrell Grayson 17

Interceptions

Kelvin Jackson 7

Azarius Edwards 4

Fumbles Caused

William Sardin 5

Wilson Jackson 4

I realize none of these stats matter Friday night, however these are a few of the defensive leaders for the team.

Tyner's defense has been exceptional against the run this year. I honestly believe that all of our losses have come against passing teams. Brainerd, Fulton, South Pittsburg, and McCallie all threw the ball very well against us. All of those games also included bad turnovers that led to points for the other team. As far as the line and linebackers they are all solid and fast, and playing their best football of the year. The secondary started this year very shaky and were getting exposed early in the season, however they have had several interceptions and played excellent man to man defense in the past 3 to 4 weeks. Tyner's defense will no doubt keep the pressure up this Friday night.

psssssst, I want to tell you a secret, shhhhhhhhhhh, but did you know DCA has a pretty good Quarterback? He has put up some pretty good numbers, check it out if you do not believe me. And you know what else, but they have a couple pretty good recievers, and a tight end too. So if you have a shakey secondary, then you really are in for your last train ride. I would not make your reservations for next week quite so quick. Seems some of you are wondering where you are playing next friday night. If your football team is looking to next week, then they will be pretty disappointed come friday. Just thought I would let you know, and did you also know that DCA has won 10 games? Of course that was against some really slow teams, of course they have not faced a fast team like Tyner. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

psssssst, I want to tell you a secret, shhhhhhhhhhh, but did you know DCA has a pretty good Quarterback? He has put up some pretty good numbers, check it out if you do not believe me. And you know what else, but they have a couple pretty good recievers, and a tight end too. So if you have a shakey secondary, then you really are in for your last train ride. I would not make your reservations for next week quite so quick. Seems some of you are wondering where you are playing next friday night. If your football team is looking to next week, then they will be pretty disappointed come friday. Just thought I would let you know, and did you also know that DCA has won 10 games? Of course that was against some really slow teams, of course they have not faced a fast team like Tyner. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

worden55 can you tell me if DCA is the old Dupont H.S. !!! I remember watching them play back in the middle 70's.

Thanks for the insight, had no idea. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Thanks and good luck Friday. I hope to attend the next game between the winner of York and Smith. I have heard that DCA is a good team. Maybe they can win and I can watch them play. I'm sure Tyner would like to win and see York win so they could redeem themselves from last year's game. Again thanx and good luck.