Cascade vs. Mt. Pleasant

Kevin38

game winner!  

147 members have voted

1. 1. game winner!

This poll is closed to new votes

If Mt. Pleasant had the 2004 team it would be almost impossible for them not to of gone 15-0.

I definitely agree w/ you on this one. Also, MP87, when I stated the team from a year b/4 I was referring to the 2004 team as in the year b/4 mTp and JBS had ever played. The 2004 is the best mTp team that I have ever seen play and I didnt like the fact that they had to beat CPA and then turn right around and have to beat DCA the next week (correct me if I am wrong). I am not a fan of the privates b/c I just feel that they have an unfair advantge.....

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent seen JB this year to compare them to your 05 team. JB's team last year wasnt to far off for the 05 team though. Tuck was a bad man along with Moody.

The main difference is w/o Tuck and Moody in there the defense really is not as good as it was last year but it is still pretty good.

They are probably a little better offensively than last year though.....

I definitely agree w/ you on this one. Also, MP87, when I stated the team from a year b/4 I was referring to the 2004 team as in the year b/4 mTp and JBS had ever played. The 2004 is the best mTp team that I have ever seen play and I didnt like the fact that they had to beat CPA and then turn right around and have to beat DCA the next week (correct me if I am wrong). I am not a fan of the privates b/c I just feel that they have an unfair advantge.....

Ya I know you were referring to them, I was just curious if you actually got to see that team in play live. I know one thing we can agree on, thats the private thing. another time and place though.

Ya I know you were referring to them, I was just curious if you actually got to see that team in play live. I know one thing we can agree on, thats the private thing. another time and place though.

I did go watch one of their regualr season games in 2004 b/c it was close to where I lived and a friend of mine graduated from the school they were playing. I cant remember who it was but mTp won big and they had 2 really good backs and they were just running through this team.....

The next year when JBS was doing so well in 2005 and they had to play mTp in the quarters I knew that was the game that was gonna tell if JBS was for real or just not playing anybody.....

Someone probably will if they keep this scheme and don't use their other weapons and believe me they have other weapons they aren't using. #30 could be an all state wide reciever. He is an all state DB. #88 could be like Kellen Winslow Sr. or Jr. at the single A level. Is he? NO. Why not? Lack of imagination throughout the season with the football team.

There you go arm chair quarterbacking again. Thinking you know something that you don't. Until you make practice everyday you don't need to tell the coaches what to do. You have NO idea what you are talking about scheme wise. The kids you mentioned are very good athletes and football players along with being very good people. The coach uses them in the positions that the team needs them in to win ballgames. nufsaid!!!

I am not a MP fan...altough I do respect what they have accomplished...but If I had Marco I would give him the ball a ton also...he is too good a player not to get alot of touches

I can't figure out why they think Marco carries the ball to much. He only toted the rock 29 times. The Jordan kid from Bruceton carries it 30 to 40 times everygame. This is one of the higher totals Marco has had all year. A good back should be able to carry it 30 times at a minimum.

Marco is a great high school football player. If he were a little bigger he could make it at the next level and he may get a chance but... size matter, and he is not very big. #88 is also a big time player. I don't know if he was just having a break-out game or if he plays like that all the time but I suspect it is the later because I noticed that you could tell where Marco was going to run by where #88 lined up. Marco followed #88's block on almost every play. If last night's game is a good example of his playing ability then in my opinion #88 is a College prospect.

Thanks! 88 is a very good lineman on both sides of the ball.

congrats to MP, this was a great match up of two evenly great teams. When two great teams play each other, the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. MP was on top of their game and cascade had two costly turnovers in the red zone that cost them big time. Marco is incredible, what sets him apart from everyone else is he does not let one man take him down. As for the fight, hey its football and when you have two great teams that want to win that will sometimes happen. Cascade players have nothing but respect for MP and fans dont need to make this bigger than it really was both players threw a punch and both got ejected. It doesnt matter who started it. Good luck MP next week you have a great team.

It does matter "who started the fight" because the Cascade player isn't missing anything next week. The MP player will potentially miss the next game. If he does then the Cascade player should mis the first game of next year, at a minimum.

Marco is a heck of a player but I'd rather see him at running back. When he's at qb you greatly limit your options. MP basically runs four plays: QB dive QB sweep RB dive and occasionally a play action pass. Tell me a good defense won't stop four plays. Marco is doing it all on talent, its not coaching. Cascade was in position to make plays all night but weren't physically capable of tackling Marco. MP will run into a team with some good LBs and that will be the end of the road. With that offensive setup what are they gonna do if Marco gets stopped, or I should say slowed down.

I disagree with your entire post. You are obviously less knowledgable than me on football schemes, and believe me I didn't think that was possible.