AE @ Catholic

Digger20

Catholic has sideline savers on there field. Thats why the sidelines were dry and the field was soaked. It rained during the week of the last game and the first round of the playoffs, I just do not think the field would dry up that quick when the tempature doesn't get over 50-55 degrees.

I knew you would have a good excuse.....blame it on the refs!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ScottA11.

I'll try again. 300 yards lost, is 300 yards lost. Think big picture. Ok, think small. Lets say you go to Dick's or Kessler's and by a jock that is marked 50% off because it's small. But, you buy it. Even though it's 50% off, you still parted with the money when you might not have needed the jock. Even though Catholic got called for a 5 yrd illegal motion or whatever, they still parted with the 97 yards.

I doubt kids were playing out of position. They were in all likelyhood 2nd, or to your point, 3rd team guys that may have had jitters or were getting adjusted to the speed of the game. Regarding Pemberton, I wrote that if he did in fact have kids playing out of position during the 11th game of the season, he would not be the coach I thought he was. He did not, thus he is the coach I thought he was. I've seen kids all over this area play ball for a long time, including the Faris kids. If he ran for a buck fitty, he knew where the holes were in the Wing-T, which means he has lined up in the WB position at some point in his life. No?

You are right in stating that when a team is ranked #1, they will get the other teams best effort. That said, the #1 ranked team should consistently defend that position. In the W/L column, Catholic has consistently defended it. That I'll give you. We'll see how long it lasts?

ruse?

I'll give you that. Teams should not play down to there competition. After talking with one of the assistant coaches for Catholic, Faris has not play WB this year, in the past he has. But alot of that goes to the line for creating holes.

Rumor has it that Pemberton was seen at Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday in the scuba section checking out flippers and masks. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And Oppressed.....we're bringing in personal trainers for each of our 100+ kids to teach them the backstroke and other proper swimming techniques.

I'm sorry everyone, I can't pass this one up!!! Hey Irish, are the trainers from D1, Pedrone's or Performance Training? Funny how D1 and Pedrone's name popped up after suggesting Performance Training!!!??? Oh, Thow protesteth too much! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I am so through with you , Irish. Geese!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry everyone, I can't pass this one up!!! Hey Irish, are the trainers from D1, Pedrone's or Performance Training? Funny how D1 and Pedrone's name popped up after suggesting Performance Training!!!??? Oh, Thow protesteth too much! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I am so through with you , Irish. Geese!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet kids used to tape the "KICK ME" sign on you as a child. Since you've discussed classroom work earlier today, I would ask your English teacher exactly what THOW means??? Did you mean Thou??? And, at the end of your diatribe, were you referring to birds when you typed geese or did you mean GEEZE??? Since you at least attended English class, I would have thought you could at least get the quote from Hamlet correct. It is "Me thinks thou doth protest too much." I don't think "protesteth" is currently used in Knoxville anywhere. Maybe the AC version was simplified. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You were the one that kept insisting that all the Catholic kids had trainers and went to Performance Training. I've never heard of them or used them. Isn't that the group that works with AC? The Catholic kids use D-1 and PETRONE. Those names have been around the Irish program for years.

Betcha can't leave this one alone either

Catholic has sideline savers on there field. Thats why the sidelines were dry and the field was soaked. It rained during the week of the last game and the first round of the playoffs, I just do not think the field would dry up that quick when the tempature doesn't get over 50-55 degrees.

I knew you would have a good excuse.....blame it on the refs!

Right-they played in the second round last year-i didn't rub my hand on a "sideline saver"-i rubbed it on the bone dry grass on the field right in front of the side lines-in between the numbers was soaked and it WAS NOT from RAIN-and if you wanna talk about the refs-go back and look at the last spot during last years playoff game-the ref "normally" places the ball at his foot-well with about 2 minutes to play, when it was 3rd et 6-the ref went to spot the ball he bent over and instead of putting down at his foot he leaned to the right about 2 feet and put the ball down-KC got it by about 6 inches. those are all true facts you can look at the tape if you need to-i don't i was on the sideline et saw it with my own eyes. i know the deal about the field was correct also cause when we got off the bus and the field was sooo soacked i kept saying it hasn't rained in at least 3 days-like i said before it was classless-the best thing was KC got knocked out the next week-that's the only time i've ever rooted for Fulton.

GO ROADRUNNERS!!!!!!!!

KC-becareful with AE they are fragile, if a player gets hurt during the game u will be cheaters and will be coached to play dirty, so KC go out there and show AE how to play hard nosed football. I usually wouldnt root for KC since its a private school but since its against AE-and you all showed class towards us, I hope to see u in rd 3 KC.

Right-they played in the second round last year-i didn't rub my hand on a "sideline saver"-i rubbed it on the bone dry grass on the field right in front of the side lines-in between the numbers was soaked and it WAS NOT from RAIN-and if you wanna talk about the refs-go back and look at the last spot during last years playoff game-the ref "normally" places the ball at his foot-well with about 2 minutes to play, when it was 3rd et 6-the ref went to spot the ball he bent over and instead of putting down at his foot he leaned to the right about 2 feet and put the ball down-KC got it by about 6 inches. those are all true facts you can look at the tape if you need to-i don't i was on the sideline et saw it with my own eyes. i know the deal about the field was correct also cause when we got off the bus and the field was sooo soacked i kept saying it hasn't rained in at least 3 days-like i said before it was classless-the best thing was KC got knocked out the next week-that's the only time i've ever rooted for Fulton.

GO ROADRUNNERS!!!!!!!!

Seeing as though I live in a nearby neighborhood and could see the sprinklers running after the rain had stopped on several different occasions the week prior to playing Fulton. No more excuses KC. I don't root for AE...but sure will this week.

Seeing as though I live in a nearby neighborhood and could see the sprinklers running after the rain had stopped on several different occasions the week prior to playing Fulton. No more excuses KC. I don't root for AE...but sure will this week.

How can you live that close to Catholic and play at fulton are you one of many fulton player that live out of their zone. As for watering down the field as I remember we have alot of rain that week and most fields where in bad shape I was at the Carter and fulton game and Carter field was in bad shape. Stop making excuses both teams play on the same field and if you don't like playing on their field win your region and than you can play at home.

i think the refs do the best they can and its a two way street. they certainly dont get any sympathy from any fans. they are human and its not exactly easy to see every single little thing that goes on in a game. some may be incompetant but in reality the better team should not ahve to rely on calls to win a game. it should be a good game and im very excited. i hope catholic wins ive heard they had a very good week in practice as opposed to the past few weeks. maybe they will step it up this year. austin east will by no means lay down in this one though and it will be four full quarters of good football. hopefully the fans can show as much class and respect as the players do considering they(the fans) are adults

How can you live that close to Catholic and play at fulton are you one of many fulton player that live out of their zone. As for watering down the field as I remember we have alot of rain that week and most fields where in bad shape I was at the Carter and fulton game and Carter field was in bad shape. Stop making excuses both teams play on the same field and if you don't like playing on their field win your region and than you can play at home.

Who said I play or have played. I'm not complaining about playing on anyone else's field. I just think watering it down takes the home field advantage a little far. As I recall home field advantage hasn't really bought KC much in the last several years anyway. Win region, win state...we'll take State x 3.