Warren Co. Season

Nitro14

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have heard there is a scrimmage. I am not sure on the date though.

The scrimmage with Cleveland is scheduled for Friday, May 9th 6:00 @ Nunley Stadium.

The Lift-a-thon has been moved to Thursday, April 24th @ 5:00.

Spring practice begins April 28th.

Have any schools contacted Coach Harris about coming to work for them?

I spoke with him @ the grocery store several weeks ago and he didn't say anything about it. I'm sure he's had some offers though. I thought I seen you in there buying some potted meat, mustard, biscuits and french fried potatoes.

has anybody heard that devin rackley will be on staff at the high school. i don't think he's right for the high school level. offenses are a little more sophistaced at this level

i haven't heard that but in WC you never know. Seems the school board will place anyone on staff as long as they will work for cheap. i don't think it's a good idea simply because last year at the middle school @@@@ was not there at all the practices because of his job. when you coach high school you need to be there every day. how can a 15-17 year old kid put confidence in someone who is telling them to work hard but is not out there everyday with them. our school board and administrators need to quit playing politics and hire (pay) quality coaches in all sports not just someone because of who they are friends with or who they are related to.

i haven't heard that but in WC you never know. Seems the school board will place anyone on staff as long as they will work for cheap. i don't think it's a good idea simply because last year at the middle school @@@@ was not there at all the practices because of his job. when you coach high school you need to be there every day. how can a 15-17 year old kid put confidence in someone who is telling them to work hard but is not out there everyday with them. our school board and administrators need to quit playing politics and hire (pay) quality coaches in all sports not just someone because of who they are friends with or who they are related to.

Devin will help during spring and probably help as a non faculty position coach in the fall. He will not be OC or DC. The amount of money available to pay coaches is negotiated with the teacher's union and voted on by their membership. They tend to not favor coaching raises since it dilutes the monies that would go to all teachers not just coaches. Carlton Flatt and Bill Price are the only coaches I can recall to inquire about jobs here that money was their main issue. Some coaches that have been pursued said they were not interested due to it being a bad career move and some have had money issues. Most experienced coaches will go where they have a chance to win a championship and most know that it is most likely not here anytime soon even though we are improving each year.

Devin will help during spring and probably help as a non faculty position coach in the fall. He will not be OC or DC. The amount of money available to pay coaches is negotiated with the teacher's union and voted on by their membership. They tend to not favor coaching raises since it dilutes the monies that would go to all teachers not just coaches. Carlton Flatt and Bill Price are the only coaches I can recall to inquire about jobs here that money was their main issue. Some coaches that have been pursued said they were not interested due to it being a bad career move and some have had money issues. Most experienced coaches will go where they have a chance to win a championship and most know that it is most likely not here anytime soon even though we are improving each year.

Anybody heard about Todd Willmore not coaching football next year?? Apparently he is coaching soccer. I hope this is just a rumor????