MR. FOOTBALL FINALISTS

Big Country

Kind of surprised me that Epperson from Humboldt is in there...He missed a few games due to injury and did not look as good as I thought he was going to.

I agree...surprised me as well, he was out a game and a half and really didn't impress me that much when he played against us...no knocking on him!!! Congrats to EJ and Good Luck!!!!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all of the finalists. I'm sure they are great players.

Interesting though that no player from Region 5-2A selected with 3 of the top 10 teams in the state (not on polls, but in reality) in that region - CPA, Goodpasture, and DCA.

Shame Conner Lowery from CPA not nominated. 3 year starter with great stats against a very tough 2A schedule (played Goodpasture twice, ECS, Ensworth, Father Ryan, DCA). As close to Tim Tebow as you will get on the HS level.

I believe APSU would be an excellent fit for Marco; he is smilar to Terrence Holt from Maplewood and he has fit in really nicely in the system they got going w/ the new coach. APSU is on the way up and Marco would make a great addition to that team IMHO.....

I think he would fit in at APSU also. Holt is just the most dangerous return I've ever seen, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind having Marco also.

See that's the thing I am talking about, No one really knows, or at least it is a really big secret.....You would figure someone of Dailey's stature, probably 2 Mr. Football's would know what he is doing by now, or at least have it down to a few schools, or something....something is definetly up with that....I do not get it.... I will say this, I am not downing the kid in any way, I personally do not know him, but he is a really great player for 1A, probably the best I have seen in a long time..... I am just wondering what is up with that..... Does anybody have any definite information....

Thanks...

I am really glad to see that Carr from Mckenzie is on the list because he is no doubt the best player of the three finalist in 1 a. I have seen all three play and there is no comparison. But more importantly i hope is the most vauable player at the state championship game, of course in a winning effort. But honestly he would be happy just winning, no awards or even mention of his name would bother him. Gook luck to all who were nominated.

MR. FOOTBALL AWARDS

TO BE PRESENTED ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2007

Nashville Airport Marriott

11:15 a.m. ??“ 1:00 p.m.

Nashville, Tennessee, November 14, 2007 ??“ The Mr. Football Awards will be presented to the top 14 backs and linemen in seven classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association on Monday, December 3, 2007, at the Nashville Airport Marriott. For the sixth consecutive year, the top kicker in the state will be recognized with a Mr. Football Award. There are three finalists in this category, regardless of their school??™s classification.

A committee of statewide sports writers selected winners based on performance in the 2007 regular season. Academics and character were also taken into consideration. High school head coaches and members of the media nominated the finalists.

This is the twenty-third year that the Mr. Football Awards have been presented to Tennessee??™s best high school football players. Plaques will be presented to 30 other finalists.

Approximately 500 people, including the honorees, their families, coaches, school administrators and members of the media from all parts of the state, are expected to attend the 2007 luncheon.

1A Lineman

Alex Matlock, Hollow Rock-Bruceton Central

Robert Robinson, South Pittsburg

Aaron Yates, Jo Byrns

2A Lineman

Dakota Crews, Lewis County

Elijah Epperson, Humboldt

Chase Horton, Camden Central

3A Lineman

Rogers Gaines, White House

Dont??™a Hightower, Marshall County

Beau Liljenquist, Dyersburg

4A Lineman

Slade Adams, Mt. Juliet

Aaron Douglas, Maryville

Brandon McLeroy, Rhea County

5A Lineman

Mike McAdoo, Antioch

David Spurlock, Riverdale

LaDarrius Verge, Riverdale

DII-A Lineman

Blair Arrington, Davidson Academy

Hunter Cowan, St. George??™s

Ben Popeck, St. George??™s

DII-AA Lineman

Preston Bailey, MBA

Barrett Jones, Evangelical Christian

DeAndre Jones, MUS

1A Back

Derek Carr, McKenzie

Marco Dailey, Mt. Pleasant

Chad Jordan, Hollow Rock-Bruceton Central

2A Back

Randall Cobb, Alcoa

Kendal Harper, Peabody

Harrison Moore, Westview

3A Back

Jeremy Holt, David Lipscomb

Tremaine Hudson, Howard

Deaunte Mason, Pearl-Cohn

4A Back

Brent Burnette, Maryville

Curt Phillips, Sullivan South

Jacquese Seward, Hillsboro

5A Back

Jeff Link, White Station

Andre Sterling, Farragut

Rodriguez Wilks, Smyrna

DII-A Back

Marlon Brown, Harding Academy

H.R. Greer, SBEC

Grant Jessen, St. George??™s

DII-AA Back

Ben Bartholomew, MBA

Adam Currie, Evangelical Christian

Chris Jordan, Brentwood Academy

Kicker of the Year

Mike Hammons, Polk County

Cody Jones, Jackson Christian

Kase Whitehead, William Blount

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THE LIST /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

congrats to all and many others that are just as deserving as well, but to leave Shane Spann off the list is ridiculous I mean tell me with 2100 yds passing on like 139 of 182 with 25 td passes and 2 ints 500 rushing and 8tds, figure up that completion percentage like 80% oh well alot of arguments about alot of players Im sure will come up also, anyways JB didnt get any love 2 years ago with a QB named Head either. Anyway congradulations to aaron yates on the nomination and a tribute to the surrounding cast that you line up with every week. This is just a reflection of some of the best guys Ive ever wittnessed play the game as a team.

CONGRATULATIONS to Chase Horton from Camden Central!!!!! WWWOOO HHHOOO !!! A most deserving young man for this honor!!! We're proud of you,MOOSE!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Luck to all the West Tennessee Nominees.

I wish the BEST OF LUCK to Chase "MOOSE" Horton of Camden, and to Dakota Crews of Lewis County. From a devoted Camden fan. Can't say how proud I am to have been a teammate with "Moose". He's an excellent athlete as well as young man, and Good Luck to him in all he may accomplish in life. To all the other nominees Good LUck, and I hope you all are able to conttinue your play after your High School years.