Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

Spinmove, do you have any more excuses? You lost, get over it. I bet those girls and coaches are not saying if we didn't play in a dome or be in a small locker room we would have won. They would tell you they just didn't execute and play their game as good as they needed to in order to win a road regional game. As for Greeneville, do you not think we are appreciative that we have one of the better middle school programs in Tennessee feeding our high school, and oh by the way get it right our goal is not to host sub-state its to make it to the state tournament, which in Che-ro-kee is just more like a dream. Stop complaining it doesn't make those girls who played hard all year look good.

The point of having the conference and the regionals at Greeneville was to help the IMAC teams have an edge over the Big 9... I don't think playing in a dome is like playing at Greeneville do you?and if you do then you haven't shot much basketball in your time... what a time to have a satellite game- I bet Cocke co would have done better playing at Greeneville too. So what's the point in having the conference and regional on a court where the IMAC teams could have an advantage when we all don't get that chance in the first round. That's not complaining that's making a point. Otherwise let's move the conference and regional throughout the IMAC at the schools who can host these tournaments- and not have it at GHS every other year- let's spread the wealth- we are suppose to be here for the kids and help them reach their goals in life. It's not an advantage if the first rounds are not all played at GHS. Yeah the Lady Chiefs played their butts off in spite of the odds.

Yeah it's a dream and we do the best we can in a small town that doesn't have all the extra facilities and summer programs that your city provides.You don't have a reason not to go to the state year in and year out. Hope your talent pool stays afloat. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote lady red "Fourth, I know no-one would want to change the personalities of their teams, but what if you could change a player or two. What if Ryans moved into the post for West? Or if Fanney or May moved into the backcourt for G'ville?"

As talented as Fanney and May are, I don't think anyone from Greeneville would want to give up McIntyre (tourney MVP--nuff said), Ramsey or Kelley for them. Ramsey really showed how much she has matured this year during this tournament. Her turnovers were minimal and her assists to Kelley and Dickson were brilliant last night. Solid pressure foulshot shooting in the previous game was key for her as well. Kelley is just starting to come into her own and we are starting to realize what talent and versatility she has. As her confidence level grows, I think you will see great things. Also I don't think Greeneville's slow-down style of offense would be a good fit for Fanney or May. It would probably be very frustrating for them as it is for us in the stands...one of these days I just know Greeneville is going to break out into some "in-your-face", "down your throat", "take-it-home" offense and still be able to hold their oppponents to around thirty-six points.

I'm not sure why everyone is opposed to holding the tourney in Greeneville but I'm pretty sure that all the AD's at each of the school's agreed on it and it really makes sense for the regionals as Greeneville is the most centrally located between the Tri-Cities schools and the majority of the IMAC schools. We have really tried to be good hosts and hope to continue to be during the regional tourney.

It really has been a great IMAC tournament with super exciting games. I'm proud of all the IMAC teams, even though we get a bad rap on the boys message boards. Good luck and health to all the teams!

I think the Districts at GHS has been great and GHS has been a great host. But why weren't all the Regionals games there??? the TSSAA have a hand in that or was that the AD's. Whoever thought up satellite games didn't think about the D-B dome and the Science Hill arena- somewhat different then GHS where Cocke Co and Cherokee played on Monday.. I bet both teams would have been more comfortable at GHS then where they played. They didn't get the IMAC advantage over the Big 9 like the plan was suppose to be- you know, play the district at GHS to help the IMAC teams over the Big 9 by also hosting the Regionals- if both Cherokee and Cocke Co had won no one would have thought of this scenerio... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just a guess, but I would say they are talking about Price from Cherokee. I sure would like to know where you can find stats on all of the young ladies from the IMAC. Can anyone help me out here?

I hear all the coaches send their stats in to Brian Trent and he tallies and sends them back. Not real sure but that's what I heard. And congratulations on your choice about Price. She and Ryans would be my choice in shutting down each game but then again you couldn't leave Ewing out- she was the sleeper and obviously my next choice since Ryans is a Freshman.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Seems here lately that Greeneville gets a lot of "no calls" (which is in their favor) early in the fourth qtr. I believe it happened in the Saturday game with West, and the district game vs. Cherokee and it happened again with Tn High Friday night. What's with that???? Fourth qtr is definately in their favor- do the refs just decide to stop calling and watch the game??? It's hard to beat the 8th ranked team in the state on their own home court... would be interesting to see if West gets to play them again...

Just a thought- but really, think real hard. I believe Dickson should have been fouled out early in the fourth qtr vs Cherokee, but that was Cherokee, how embarrassing would that have been on their own court.... Home cooking I smell /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Spinmove, you may want to check your facts. The refs in the regionals are from Knoxville and no one from Greeneville could even tell you their names. They have been very good so far at being a non-factor with no controversial calls. (just as it should be) IMO, they have been a refreshing change from the horrible IMAC refs we have had all year. Regarding allegations of "homecooking" in the IMAC and regular season at Greeneville, it's really a tired excuse but if it makes you feel better, go ahead. Just about every coach in the IMAC this year would attest to the fact that the refs are equally horrible in the IMAC this year no matter which gym the games were played in. I think there is talk that we may see a completely different crew next year which would have to better than what we have had.

RE 4th quarter play -- IMO Greeneville's talent has been bottled up and strangled by their slow-down offense all year but they are finally starting to realize they are going to have to attack the basket in these close games so that's what I think we saw in the 4th quarter rally vs. TN High. They more than have the talent to do it and Friday night was really the first time I have seen them play real basketball (offensively) all year. It was a beautiful thing! The girls on the team really got fired up and the normally quiet Greeneville crowd responded as well. It was great to see the student section support their girls for a change and get off their cell phones. (it's ridiculous that they come to the game and sit there and text the person two rows down from them...oh well, that's another topic for a completely different website, lol) But, the students were into it in the TN High game and I know it made a difference for the girls as evidenced their overall attitude on the court and by the girls tearing down the slightly offensive TN High banners at the end of the game -- Awesome tournament atmosphere!

Good luck and good health to all the teams from Region 1. But, best of luck to the Lady Devils!

Heres a question for you. Who is it......and if other people have to ask who it is has she made a big enough impact on her team and the conference?

You either don't watch much high school basketball or you don't know much about high school basketball... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Spinmove, you may want to check your facts. The refs in the regionals are from Knoxville and no one from Greeneville could even tell you their names. They have been very good so far at being a non-factor with no controversial calls. (just as it should be) IMO, they have been a refreshing change from the horrible IMAC refs we have had all year. Regarding allegations of "homecooking" in the IMAC and regular season at Greeneville, it's really a tired excuse but if it makes you feel better, go ahead. Just about every coach in the IMAC this year would attest to the fact that the refs are equally horrible in the IMAC this year no matter which gym the games were played in. I think there is talk that we may see a completely different crew next year which would have to better than what we have had.

RE 4th quarter play -- IMO Greeneville's talent has been bottled up and strangled by their slow-down offense all year but they are finally starting to realize they are going to have to attack the basket in these close games so that's what I think we saw in the 4th quarter rally vs. TN High. They more than have the talent to do it and Friday night was really the first time I have seen them play real basketball (offensively) all year. It was a beautiful thing! The girls on the team really got fired up and the normally quiet Greeneville crowd responded as well. It was great to see the student section support their girls for a change and get off their cell phones. (it's ridiculous that they come to the game and sit there and text the person two rows down from them...oh well, that's another topic for a completely different website, lol) But, the students were into it in the TN High game and I know it made a difference for the girls as evidenced their overall attitude on the court and by the girls tearing down the slightly offensive TN High banners at the end of the game -- Awesome tournament atmosphere!

Good luck and good health to all the teams from Region 1. But, best of luck to the Lady Devils!

Good luck to the Lady Devils- hope the fourh qtr is good to them- go IMAC

Just for you PT, I'm here to congratulate Price

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Price is a great kid and respects her counterparts! I am sure she's had outside pressure to play well each year since she has played for her mother. Don't forget, her dad was the boys coach at Cheorkee years before her mother and had successful, competitive teams. Lots of basketball knowledge and training in that house. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Kelsey is a great young lady- I believe Potts leaving affected her more than the other players. Good luck to her in the future. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Some points on a busy hour here.

The Regional quarterfinal Satellite Site was implemented by the TSSAA beginning last year. Reasons were limiting travel and a long day of playing four games at one site on a weekday (Monday's for the girls and Tuesday's for the boys). Playing a 4:15, 5:45, 7:15 and an 8:45 game was getting the school's that played the last game back way past 11 p.m on a school night.

The TSSAA also prohibited playing no more than two games on a weeknight during tournament season.

Officials for the regional tournaments come from other regions (ie: Region 1 is officiated by Region 2 officials and vice-versa). The Region 2 officials are notable for allowing the game to be played more like college ball. The Cocke County/Science Hill girls game had 11 total first half fouls called and only two traveling calls all night.

That causes a lot of adaptation in the early going for team's, who are used to seeing a certain style of officiating for most of the season. Teams in Region 1 have to adapt to a more physical style of play, because it takes a lot for a foul call. Teams in Region 2 likely have to back off or get in serious foul trouble with their physical play.

The District 2-AAA tourney is - to my understanding - not going to be played at Greeneville every other year. It seems that the ADs wanted to get the tourney in an alphabetical rotation, much like the other sports tournaments are.

Basketball wasn't in this rotation because previously, District 2 and District 1 rotated years to have the regional tournament. District 2 had 3 gyms capable of hosting a regional tournament (Greeneville, Morristown East and Jefferson County). Because the TSSAA mandated that a regional site be centrally located, Greeneville was the pick of D2 and Sullivan South was the pick of D1.

Because the D2 ADs preferred a school to host districts and regionals in their year, they had established a rotation of where those schools would host the tournaments in those years. Because this is no longer needed, the D2 ADs went to an alphabetical rotation.

The new rotation is Greeneville, Jefferson County, Morristown East, Morristown West, then back to Cherokee and Cocke County.

As far as POTY is concerned. Nicole Dickson was a possibility for the award as a sophomore. I dont think the award is a senior award, either. I'm sure robpride has seen his fair share of hoops too.

Seems to me like it would have been hard not to pick Dickson since the East Tn media claimed her as preseason player of the year in the area.. What's with that??? Then any Senior might as well not work their butts off to be the player of the year because it's already picked for them... Was their any talk about any one senior that had a great season??? did any one talk to the other coaches preseason to see if they could give their senior pick and get their name in the hat??? I just wish Dickson would run up and down the court like a DI player does...that would convince me of her abilities- and some of her fans too. I'd like to see high school stay high school and not get caught up in college hoopla with preseason player of the year picks.. will they do that in the spring sports this spring or is it just bball. Come on, let all the players, especially the seniors have a shot at the award, especially since it is more a senior award anyway... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am not sure about saying this a senior award. This pick is for the best area player. Also, i am not sure what all the fuss is about. This is a pre-season pick and really doesnt mean a whole lot to players. Most of them are concnerned about having fun and the post-season run of thier team-then possible individual awards. This pick is for the fans..........and some parents.

Just my two cents.

LOL, You think just because a person is a senior make them worthy? Come on get a grip. Sounds like sour grapes to me. When you need a big shot, you are going to the player that you think is going to make that shot. I am not trying to take anything away from the seniors, but seems to me you are a little bitter. I sure you believe finalist for Miss Basketball should be a senior too. Can't we be happy that an IMAC player won? Seems to me she doesn't have to convince you she only has to be happy with her own play. BTW. What DI school are you going to? Tell the truth /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Seems to me like it would have been hard not to pick Dickson since the East Tn media claimed her as preseason player of the year in the area.. What's with that??? Then any Senior might as well not work their butts off to be the player of the year because it's already picked for them... Was their any talk about any one senior that had a great season??? did any one talk to the other coaches preseason to see if they could give their senior pick and get their name in the hat??? I just wish Dickson would run up and down the court like a DI player does...that would convince me of her abilities- and some of her fans too. I'd like to see high school stay high school and not get caught up in college hoopla with preseason player of the year picks.. will they do that in the spring sports this spring or is it just bball. Come on, let all the players, especially the seniors have a shot at the award, especially since it is more a senior award anyway... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You either don't watch much high school basketball or you don't know much about high school basketball... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some would say your correct on the latter...........My wife would tell you your definately incorrect on the first count.......and i wouldnt argue with my wife /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i would point out its a very big state and there are talented kids from tip to tip!.

The point of having the conference and the regionals at Greeneville was to help the IMAC teams have an edge over the Big 9... I don't think playing in a dome is like playing at Greeneville do you?and if you do then you haven't shot much basketball in your time... what a time to have a satellite game- I bet Cocke co would have done better playing at Greeneville too. So what's the point in having the conference and regional on a court where the IMAC teams could have an advantage when we all don't get that chance in the first round. That's not complaining that's making a point. Otherwise let's move the conference and regional throughout the IMAC at the schools who can host these tournaments- and not have it at GHS every other year- let's spread the wealth- we are suppose to be here for the kids and help them reach their goals in life. It's not an advantage if the first rounds are not all played at GHS. Yeah the Lady Chiefs played their butts off in spite of the odds.

Yeah it's a dream and we do the best we can in a small town that doesn't have all the extra facilities and summer programs that your city provides.You don't have a reason not to go to the state year in and year out. Hope your talent pool stays afloat. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Do you not think that the teams who finish one and two in their district should get an advantage in the first round?? To me thats kinda like a sixteen seed complaining about where they play the number one seed. Your argument just lacks sensible foundation to it. And as far as being a small town Greeneville only has a little over 800 students, which by the way constitutes as a small school and is much smaller than the other IMAC schools like West, East, and Jeff CO. In fact, Greeneville should be playing double AA ball because of its size. You sound like Tennessee basketball fans to me (I'm a Kentucky fan) Everytime they lose to us there is an excuse about everything, when it really just comes down to you being jealous and bitter because you can't beat us. Get your town's game up and stop complaining, until then come visit me in Murfreesboro every year.