Goodpasture to Host Hickman County

easyreader

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every team left in the 2A playoffs would score at least 41 points on Fairview's defense.

You are mistaken there. Fairview's defense started slow but the 2nd half of the year was probably the best defense in the region the way they played. Hickman played them early and dominated. Hickman would of still beat Fairview but I don't think they would of hung 40 on them. Fairview's worst performance of the year was against Hickman.

Also Fairview played DCA and only gave up 26, so that theory is out of the question.

Look for Goodpasture to win this game. Hickman hasn't seen a team like this all year. GP by 10.

You are mistaken there. Fairview's defense started slow but the 2nd half of the year was probably the best defense in the region the way they played. Hickman played them early and dominated. Hickman would of still beat Fairview but I don't think they would of hung 40 on them. Fairview's worst performance of the year was against Hickman.

Also Fairview played DCA and only gave up 26, so that theory is out of the question.

Look for Goodpasture to win this game. Hickman hasn't seen a team like this all year. GP by 10.

This clown has been trying to hate on Hickman all year, that is nothing new coming from Fairview, and as a typical fairview moron, he is always wrong................ he will be wrong again. Roll BIG DAWGS !

I think Hickman has a real shot at this one, of course they will have to play the best game of the year here. Goodpasture doesn't seem to be near the team they were last year, but make no mistake they are a very good team still and dangerous. They don't seem to be as talented as last year doesn't change the fact that they still are the team to beat.

Hickman players focus, pratice, and prepare hard this week. Do I predict a score ........no.......but there is an opportunity here ! GOOD LUCK!

Goodpasture can be beat, and if not for some untimely fumbles deep in GP territory (although to give credit where credit is due, one of them was forced by a big hit) they could have been beaten last week. But with saying that, I have to agree with Gerry...Hickman has not seen a team like GP all year. Camden played a very tough schedule which helped the Lions. Games against teams like Milan, Westview, Jackson-Northside, Huntingdon and Trenton -Peabody prepared them for what they knew they would face come playoff time. Hickman played Marshall co the first game of the year and Lewis Co twice. No comparison. I'm not saying that Hickman's speed might not give GP's defense some trouble...but no way is Hickman's defense prepared for all GP's weapons.

Goodpasture can be beat, and if not for some untimely fumbles deep in GP territory (although to give credit where credit is due, one of them was forced by a big hit) they could have been beaten last week. But with saying that, I have to agree with Gerry...Hickman has not seen a team like GP all year. Camden played a very tough schedule which helped the Lions. Games against teams like Milan, Westview, Jackson-Northside, Huntingdon and Trenton -Peabody prepared them for what they knew they would face come playoff time. Hickman played Marshall co the first game of the year and Lewis Co twice. No comparison. I'm not saying that Hickman's speed might not give GP's defense some trouble...but no way is Hickman's defense prepared for all GP's weapons.

Thank you. Camden experienced what the 2A privates bring playoff time last year, and they knew they had to get better. So they went out and scheduled one of the toughest non-region schedules around. It paid off as they almost upset Goodpasture. They closed that gap with tough non-region scheduling. That is the only way the publics stand a chance against the private schools in Middle TN. However, Hickman Co. fans find that hard to believe. I guess they will find out come Friday.

I think this entire quadrant got lucky CPA was knocked off by GP, because CPA is more of a mismatch for all these teams compared to GP, who runs the ball well. This GP team is not as great up front as the past two years, but there skill position players are probably the best in 2A besides that one school who has 3 straight gold balls.

Thank you. Camden experienced what the 2A privates bring playoff time last year, and they knew they had to get better. So they went out and scheduled one of the toughest non-region schedules around. It paid off as they almost upset Goodpasture. They closed that gap with tough non-region scheduling. That is the only way the publics stand a chance against the private schools in Middle TN. However, Hickman Co. fans find that hard to believe. I guess they will find out come Friday.

I think this entire quadrant got lucky CPA was knocked off by GP, because CPA is more of a mismatch for all these teams compared to GP, who runs the ball well. This GP team is not as great up front as the past two years, but there skill position players are probably the best in 2A besides that one school who has 3 straight gold balls.

Here we go again with Gerry "tough schedule" Bertier. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Dad told you last week that HC would win. . Dad is telling you that HC will beat GP. Let me explain.... You see men, HC is not the same style of football that Camden or Lewis Co.plays. They are going to go right at GP with a smashmouth style reminisent of the early age of football. A style that was forged over many years in 4A football getting their tales kicked. This was the best thing that could happen for 2A football in the west tn. bracket. Hickman Co. ,unlike others, will not be intimidated. Why would they? For 4 years they've played faster and better competition than camden or LC combined. Regardless of what happens HC will beat GP to a pulp physically and win or lose the next fellow will reap the reward. I've predicted this matchup since week zero, i'm gonna stick with my guns. Steady boys, steady. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Do some scouting? Whats he supposed to do? Go to one of their practices? Do you think they would exchange game film with a fan? I don't think it matters anyway i'm sure GPs coaches have been watching film and know who to look for, he's just a fan trying to learn more about the opponent. It's not gonna have any effect on the outcome of the game. And dearolddad, most teams in 2A play smash mouth football.

Do some scouting? Whats he supposed to do? Go to one of their practices? Do you think they would exchange game film with a fan? I don't think it matters anyway i'm sure GPs coaches have been watching film and know who to look for, he's just a fan trying to learn more about the opponent. It's not gonna have any effect on the outcome of the game. And dearolddad, most teams in 2A play smash mouth football.

My good man. I guess that depends on what your definition of smashmouth football is.