Gatlinburg-Pittman vs Alcoa

Tornado89

People like you are the ones that give Alcoa a a bad name. While I may disagree with some poster from time to time, such as Tornado Gold, they represent Alcoa in a positive manner. You sir do not.

awe, cneagles13, I'm touched! Glad we can agree to disagree! I have no idea who "thesmartestpersonalive" is, or if he/she's even an Alcoa fan. Only 3 posts so far, so obviously has a lot to learn. Maybe he should think about changing his name! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

If this person is a true Alcoa fan, sounds like he's still in high school, so I guess we can overlook him. Please accept my apologies for this young person! Not every Alcoa fan is this way!

The boys know not to overlook G-P. they're taking it:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I served as principal at Alcoa High School for 22 years and I always told our athletes to act as they would when they were no longer champions. Show humility and they did. I'm sure that the present administration wants nothing more than for their students to be positive role models for the younger students. We have been fortunate to have good athletes and dedicated coaches.

Alcoa will win this one bc they have Randall Cobb. He means more to alcoa then any other player on any other team. I was at the CAK game and he just took over. If they don't have him they may not have won that game. He will be able to play any position he wants in college except for o or d-line. He is bar none the best player in 2a and most likely the state. He is also a class player and so is alcoa. I wish the best to both teams and have great respect for GP it hard to do what they have done the last couple of years regardless of th!e region they play in. Good luck to both teams!

"Thesmartestpersonalive" may be cocky, and Give alcoa a bad name as some would say, but he is right with his facts. That game Alcoa only ran a hangfull of offensive plays, most were defensive touchdowns. And when a kid pics the ball off, you cant tell him just to fall over and not score, and the same thing. if a fullback breaks through the secondary, he isnt just gonna run out of bounds for no reason.

All that aside, i se it being 49-0 at the half and maybe a second half touchdown, in alcoa's favor.

Randall will be the 1st one to say it's a team effort. Yes, Randall is awesome, but he doesn't make the whole team. If it weren't for the O-Line, he wouldn't have time to throw or have the holes to run through. That's the great thing about football: it's truly a team sport.

The backup QB started in the game that Randall had to sit out, and he did a good job. Of course, it was perfect timing! We could sit and talk about "if's" all night long, but it won't change anything.

What happened 2 years ago between G-P and Alcoa is in the past. We have 2 different teams playing for the opportunity to continue playing for another week. Let's let that go. Yes, it was awful; everyone needs to just let it go. I, for one, am sick of hearing about it. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

I would like someone to tell me what I said that was wrong in my previous post. GP has played a ridiculously week schedule over the past two years and when it comes to the post season what have they accomplished. They are a middle of the road team. What is arrogant on this thread is that GP thinks they are even close to the level of Alcoa. Nothing I have said is classless or slandering merely factual evidence and facts dont have favorites they are simple truths that you people must accept. For those of you who are curious about my identity I am not a student at AHS nor any other high school I currently attend one of the states most prestigous institutions of higher learning. I do enjoy watching and following the Tornadoes but am not a regular at their sporting events.

Okay, since you asked:

As I said previously: That game was 2 years ago. We have 2 completely different teams playing on Friday. There's no need to bring that game up. Fans on both sides will say it was an awful game. It's time for both sides to move on.

So, G-P thinks they can play with us... CAK did, too, and they did for 1 quarter. Bringing up what happened 2 years ago is not necessary. G-P got their act together last year, and, with pretty much the same schedule, went undefeated until playing in the play-offs. They did the same thing during the regular season this year, so, yeah, they have something to be proud of. And, they think they have something to prove this year: that they can play with our region. They're also playing for pride. I can't say I blame them for that.

Yes, G-P needs to step up their schedule. I've said this many, many times: I'd love to see G-P and Alcoa play in the regular season. I still don't understand why this doesn't happen. G-P will never get the respect it wants until they step up their schedule.

tornadogold my comments about the game two years were only in an attempt to interject rational reasoning into the mind of a previous GP poster who said the scoring was unnesessary ,which I agree with, but I was pointing out that the scoring was not preventable. Then I added truthful but harsh comments about this dismal football program.

You obviously had a difficult time grasping this so I thought I would clarify this for you. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

tornadogold my comments about the game two years were only in an attempt to interject rational reasoning into the mind of a previous GP poster who said the scoring was unnesessary ,which I agree with, but I was pointing out that the scoring was not preventable. Then I added truthful but harsh comments about this dismal football program.

You obviously had a difficult time grasping this so I thought I would clarify this for you. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Actually, no, I knew what you were doing. I may not be the smartest person alive, but I do have some smarts!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

One thing you'll learn quickly: there is no "rational reasoning" on here! You just have to laugh and not let some comments get the best of you.

where did all you GP fans go. Did I enlighten you on the unfathomble lack of hope your football program has in the upcoming game ( or next decade of Playoff apperances for that matter) or did I finally make realize the truth and from this realization you were set free from the bondage you were held under when you believed that the Highlanders stood a chance against the best 2A program ever.

When Alcoaplayed G-P two years ago, they didn't run up the score. Sure it was 91-7, but it's not like Alcoa was going for the home run ball every drive. They were scoring off long runs up the middle and turnovers. You have to understand these kids, nor should they, aren't going to quit playing hard because they are up by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

So, whether Alcoa is down, tied, up by 80 points, they are going to keep playing hard regardless of the score.