Gatlinburg-Pittman vs Alcoa

Tornado89

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shall see dp.

Just a prediction. At this point, 7 of the 8 teams left are pretty evenly matched. Alcoa is in another league, but GP's win against Lipscomb, Ravenwood, Camden, Coffee Cty., McGavock and CPA twice is impressive. GP's only loss was at DCA (still in the playoffs) where they trailed 28-7 at half and almost won the game in the second half.

Very impressive season, but they could lose if they have an off night against hickman co. Plus, I may be wrong about Milan beating Peabody.

No way Rankin lets us hang that much on any opponent...tonight was the first time we scored more than 50 this year. Looking forward to next Friday's game. I'd say the score will be more like 49-7.

I'd like to reply on that 91 to 7 score and explain why . It goes back to the 2003 jamboree , Alcoa played South Doyle the night before the jamboree and Coach Reid went to the GP coach and told him that he was only going to play freshmen and a handfull of sophomores . The GP coach played his varsity the whole quarter and beat those poor kids to a pulp . That loomed in those kids mind big and they wanted revenge , they got it too . Hope that kinda explains the score of that game .

Look everyone there are several reasons that Alcoa put up 91 points 2 years ago the reasons LINDSAY, WARREN, LANGSTER,SYKES, FEGLIER, SHIVERDECKER and many more and they didn't even play the second half. I was there pulling for the Blue & Gold just like I will be Friday night. Alcoa (or Blount Co.) has loads of tallent. Now the Tornados of 2007 may not be able to match that team name for name in tallent but still a very tallented team top to bottom. Now I have to also say GP has a lot of tallented football players several of them played in that game 2 years ago (showing the youth of GP in 2005). I just don't think that GP is getting the respect that they deserve the highlanders (since being beat by Alcoa) have a record of 21-2 no matter how you slice it that is pretty good. Have we won a state championship no but we know the road runs thru Alcoa. Go Highlanders-n-God Bless

You're right , that's pretty impressive and I congradulate GP on that accomplanshment . I'm hoping for a great game and no one gets injured on either squad . If you get this far in playoffs you're doing something right . Good Luck to both teams but I think Alcoa will get the W and move on . My prediction 49 to 7 , but that's my oppinion .

In the last meeting of these two teams Alcoa could not help but to score 91 points. They tried to run a conservative offense but GP's defense was so incredibly pourus that anyone on Alcoa's roster, and probaly the majority of the fans in the stands, could have scored multiple touchdowns against that defense. Alcoa had the best quaterback in the state that season and he threw only three passes the entire game all three resulted in an Alcoa touchdown. Alcoa scored three times on their first two offensive plays. The defense of alcoa crossed the goal line five times on turnovers. Alcoa's starters played half of the second quater and in the second half 85% of Alcoa's offensive plays were fulback dives. Gatlinburg Pitman was simply not good enough to play with Alcoa's 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th team. Their play calling was asinine and caused the score to get drasticaly out of hand. I belive Alcoa was on the recieving end of more of GP's passes than their own recivers were. Illogical play calling and horid execution allowed this annihilation. As for this most impressive record compiled by GP since this last meeting, it means absolutely nothing. You were 10-0 last year before getting beat by the number 4 team in region 2. This just proves that you play an abysmal schedule that Alcoa's middle school team could go 8-2 against. This is a great record and im sure you are real proud of it, but when you play a real team you loose in the first round of the playoffs. This year you have defeated one team with a winning record. so who cares if you have a great record you don't play any half way decent competition. This meeting will be no different from the last with the exception that mercy rule will save the highlanders from complete embarassment

In the last meeting of these two teams Alcoa could not help but to score 91 points. They tried to run a conservative offense but GP's defense was so incredibly pourus that anyone on Alcoa's roster, and probaly the majority of the fans in the stands, could have scored multiple touchdowns against that defense. Alcoa had the best quaterback in the state that season and he threw only three passes the entire game all three resulted in an Alcoa touchdown. Alcoa scored three times on their first two offensive plays. The defense of alcoa crossed the goal line five times on turnovers. Alcoa's starters played half of the second quater and in the second half 85% of Alcoa's offensive plays were fulback dives. Gatlinburg Pitman was simply not good enough to play with Alcoa's 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th team. Their play calling was asinine and caused the score to get drasticaly out of hand. I belive Alcoa was on the recieving end of more of GP's passes than their own recivers were. Illogical play calling and horid execution allowed this annihilation. As for this most impressive record compiled by GP since this last meeting, it means absolutely nothing. You were 10-0 last year before getting beat by the number 4 team in region 2. This just proves that you play an abysmal schedule that Alcoa's middle school team could go 8-2 against. This is a great record and im sure you are real proud of it, but when you play a real team you loose in the first round of the playoffs. This year you have defeated one team with a winning record. so who cares if you have a great record you don't play any half way decent competition. This meeting will be no different from the last with the exception that mercy rule will save the highlanders from complete embarassment

Are you mad about something, sport? GP will do the best it can. All 21 victories mean absolutely nothing. GP's 21 victories won't help them Friday night and neither will Alcoa's state championships. At least they didn't against Maryville. We're not Maryville, but we're not afraid of Alcoa and certainly not afraid of the words of fans like you. Just interested, did you go to school and if so, did you go to Alcoa, friend?

People like you are the ones that give Alcoa a a bad name. While I may disagree with some poster from time to time, such as Tornado Gold, they represent Alcoa in a positive manner. You sir do not.