Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

The "Preferred Score" thing was just my opinion at first, but it's now a proven fact. South not only beat but they DOMINATED EVERY 5 RIVER TEAM THEY PLAYED by 21 points (or more in Greenevilles case)! For them to have such a dominating performance on Friday only proves (to me and probably many others) that the first Greeneville win was the result of a bad day at the office for the Rebels (no doubt there worst performance all season), because they have proven that they are and were hands down the best 4A (and maybe even overall IMO) team in Northeast Tennessee. Everybody has a bad game every once and a while, and in my opinion that is exactly what happened in the first meeting between the two teams. If they played this Friday the smart money would be on South...don't you think.

The Volunteer vs THS thing doesn’t bother me...we simple choked. I have tried to give the Falcons the respect that they deserved for their win but I have been called out on it one to many times now. Bottom line (just as I stated above) every team is subject to a bad day at the office and that is what happened to the Vikings. We have struggled to get mentally up for teams that we have a clear advantage over and that can't look good on our coaching staff. Let's just hope for your sake it doesn’t take Volunteer as long to get their SECOND win EVER over the Vikings as it did to get the VERY FIRT WIN over the Vikings, or you may not get to see it in YOUR lifetime. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cap im not taking anything away from south but a win is a win and greeneville did win the first round...Greeneville just had a bad day at the office like south had the first game...It goes both ways cap...each team was 1-1 that says it all both team's were equal...

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Preferred Score" thing was just my opinion at first, but it's now a proven fact. South not only beat but they DOMINATED EVERY 5 RIVER TEAM THEY PLAYED by 21 points (or more in Greenevilles case)! For them to have such a dominating performance on Friday only proves (to me and probably many others) that the first Greeneville win was the result of a bad day at the office for the Rebels (no doubt there worst performance all season), because they have proven that they are and were hands down the best 4A (and maybe even overall IMO) team in Northeast Tennessee. Everybody has a bad game every once and a while, and in my opinion that is exactly what happened in the first meeting between the two teams. If they played this Friday the smart money would be on South...don't you think.

The Volunteer vs THS thing doesn’t bother me...we simple choked. I have tried to give the Falcons the respect that they deserved for their win but I have been called out on it one to many times now. Bottom line (just as I stated above) every team is subject to a bad day at the office and that is what happened to the Vikings. We have struggled to get mentally up for teams that we have a clear advantage over and that can't look good on our coaching staff. Let's just hope for your sake it doesn’t take Volunteer as long to get their SECOND win EVER over the Vikings as it did to get the VERY FIRT WIN over the Vikings, or you may not get to see it in YOUR lifetime. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

So we can agree that South is the best team in the region, but the Five River conference was stronger this year /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Who knows, I wish there were more match ups between old rivalries.

I miss the old conference buddy, the Tennessee High, Elizabethton, Sullivan South, Sullivan Central, Sullvian East, and Daniel Boone Big Six was where it was at. And I'll take your bad day at the office thing, but I won't take away from the Volunteer team this year. They were the type of team that if you let them stay in the game, they would come and beat you. I gotta wonder how good they will be next year though, they lost quite a few seniors from what I hear.

Cap im not taking anything away from south but a win is a win and greeneville did win the first round...Greeneville just had a bad day at the office like south had the first game...It goes both ways cap...each team was 1-1 that says it all both team's were equal...

SS had their worst game of the year at the 1st game and you beat us 3 pts. You had one play (the screen pass) that we didn't cover on multiple occasions, and then you intercepted Curt twice and one of them set you up close to the goal. In the 2nd match, we shut down your screen pass and you had nothing else to offer. 1st game--you won, fair and square, but barely----------2nd game We dominated you and thank god for you the clock ran out and we don't play 15 minute qtrs---cause it would have been ugly. I respect your boys on the field, for they played hard, but your posts is irresponsible----as everyone at the game, but you, apparently, saw that South is on a higher level than G-ville at this point. No, a win is not a win---we are still playing--you are sitting home-------You're invited to come to M'ville---See ya, there.

No disrespect because Greeneville did have a real good team this year...but 41 - 14 is more than just a bad day at the office.

So we can agree that South is the best team in the region, but the Five River conference was stronger this year /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Who knows, I wish there were more match ups between old rivalries.

I miss the old conference buddy, the Tennessee High, Elizabethton, Sullivan South, Sullivan Central, Sullvian East, and Daniel Boone Big Six was where it was at. And I'll take your bad day at the office thing, but I won't take away from the Volunteer team this year. They were the type of team that if you let them stay in the game, they would come and beat you. I gotta wonder how good they will be next year though, they lost quite a few seniors from what I hear.

Blazer...I'm not one to normally jump into this sort of argument. And yes, the IMAC was overall superior this year and I normally hate it when somebody uses this as an excuse BUT how many teams in the IMAC will move up in classification? At least half the conference and maybe 75%. Meanwhile, half the MLC is a 3A conference waiting to happen. I think that says alot for teams like Johnson County. It also says why the rest of the state feels the NET sector is weak. It is also crucial to why teams like the Vikings, the Trailblazers, the Huricanes, the Trojans, the Greendevils, and the Rebels must power their way through to the finals. We will never get respect until we do. I don't care which one of us does it but the rest must support the effort and get behind the one who is going. We need everybody behind us right now. We need you to voice your support. I know you are with us but admonish others to say so. We are NET.

Blazer...I'm not one to normally jump into this sort of argument. And yes, the IMAC was overall superior this year and I normally hate it when somebody uses this as an excuse BUT how many teams in the IMAC will move up in classification? At least half the conference and maybe 75%. Meanwhile, half the MLC is a 3A conference waiting to happen. I think that says alot for teams like Johnson County. It also says why the rest of the state feels the NET sector is weak. It is also crucial to why teams like the Vikings, the Trailblazers, the Huricanes, the Trojans, the Greendevils, and the Rebels must power their way through to the finals. We will never get respect until we do. I don't care which one of us does it but the rest must support the effort and get behind the one who is going. We need everybody behind us right now. We need you to voice your support. I know you are with us but admonish others to say so. We are NET.

People diss NET football but the only reason is that we can't get past maryville. Last time I checked, a NET team was the last to beat them (not a knox co. team) and middle and west tenn can't beat them either.

This is not the place to be talkng about this, but you saying that you showed Volunteer respect for their win is nothing short of ludicrous! You can keep bringing up the past about the "OLD" falcons all you want Cap all I'm going to tell you is that you better get ready to be playing them alot more often in the playoffs, there is a whole new team from top to bottom at this school and its obviously on its way up. I'll leave the clear advantage statement alone.

This is not the place to be talkng about this, but you saying that you showed Volunteer respect for their win is nothing short of ludicrous! You can keep bringing up the past about the "OLD" falcons all you want Cap all I'm going to tell you is that you better get ready to be playing them alot more often in the playoffs, there is a whole new team from top to bottom at this school and its obviously on its way up. I'll leave the clear advantage statement alone.

You are nerve racking /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> , but I’m glad to see you stand up for your team! Let's do the South thing now...ok...I give up. I'm getting so excited about this game it's almost like one of mine is playing! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

No Fig42 I don't have any ties to South...I just love the game and will always be down for the home team. I also appreciate a talent like Curt Philips because they don't show up around these parts real often. Heck...Elizabethton was the biggest rival of the Vikings of THS (my team by the way) when I was in school, but Jason Whitten is EASILY my favorite pro player simply because he's good and he's a home boy (of course playing for Dallas, your next Superbowl Champions don't hurt) /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> . That’s just the way I am. I appreciate true talent...if you're good I’ll say so regardless of what colors you wear, but in the same breath if you or your team don't real deserve the hype you won't get it from me...sorry...I just call um like I see um. No jaundiced views here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Campusat remember what I said about plan B. And if I remember correctly Maryville is notorious for swarming the ball wherever it is on the field. I don’t think I saw them make one tackle with any less than three or four players involved. They also allow their QB to make reads and check off at the line of scrimmage which is something we rarely face here. You guys have the team to compete...my only question is can Coach Carter and his boys step up to the plate with them.

You are nerve racking /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> , but I’m glad to see you stand up for your team! Let's do the South thing now...ok...I give up. I'm getting so excited about this game it's almost like one of mine is playing! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

No Fig42 I don't have any ties to South...I just love the game and will always be down for the home team. I also appreciate a talent like Curt Philips because they don't show up around these parts real often. Heck...Elizabethton was the biggest rival of the Vikings of THS (my team by the way) when I was in school, but Jason Whitten is EASILY my favorite pro player simply because he's good and he's a home boy (of course playing for Dallas, your next Superbowl Champions don't hurt) /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> . That’s just the way I am. I appreciate true talent...if you're good I’ll say so regardless of what colors you wear, but in the same breath if you or your team don't real deserve the hype you won't get it from me...sorry...I just call um like I see um. No jaundiced views here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Campusat remember what I said about plan B. And if I remember correctly Maryville is notorious for swarming the ball wherever it is on the field. I don’t think I saw them make one tackle with any less than three or four players involved. They also allow their QB to make reads and check off at the line of scrimmage which is something we rarely face here. You guys have the team to compete...my only question is can Coach Carter and his boys step up to the plate with them.

Hey Cap. Yeah, it's a coaching game. Stacy has historically had problems with the big ones...as you well know. But this will be his defining moment. I'm sure he feels the gravity of it. Volman and I don't agree on everything but we agree on football. He's a Republican and I'm a Democrat but Football is Football. We agree the defense needs rearranging with two extractions and two injections. #33 needs to go to strong side OLB, #5 needs to go to DE, #44 needs to leave DE and come to MLB, #50 needs to get off the bench and go to strong side DE, #2 needs to be inserted at short side OLB, and #15 needs to be Rover. And I think #72 needs to play some defense as well instead of just offense. Then we can rotate #59 and #17 for fresh legs. I think we should give them a little bit of '06 DB with #15, #10, and #17. We have the speed.

The offense? Well, I feel if we try to run the tried and true Maryville will be expecting it and have an answer for it. Remember DB. However, we ran things against you in '06 that we have not run since. Good stuff. I like the Bubble Screen, the read option, and the T set with the traps. It gives #15 the freedom to pick a lane. Something he normally does regardless of hole call anyway. But plan B? I mean he has done it. He did it against you in '06. But he truly believes in charging from the front in broad daylight. It is the honorable thing to do in his view. Plan B? I don't think we will hit the field with plan B. If he has a plan B it will be exactly that...Plan B. I think he is going to want to win with what got us there or else.

And you will say, "I was afraid of that." And I too. BUT, he does surprise sometimes. And it is normally a large surprise. Volman believes in the adjustment method of football or the Graham Clark brand of football. I as well and I know you agree as well but Stacy, and Stubbs lead the way in playing game plan football...even when it is not working. There is something to be said for both methods.