MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

Congrats on a great season BA. Gotta say though, beating the Eagles and Irish twice in one season is about as GOOD AS IT GETS!!!! Coach McGugin, congrats...you proved ALL the doubters wrong. Coach Redmond, Coach Brown, and Coach E had their guys fired up, to say the least.

BTW, glad someone else noticed that #4 for BA was a total punk, taunting almost everything in his line of vision. BA had NO offense. Jordan is not the same caliber running back that Townsend/Holbert were. Hopefully the kid will end up at LB at Bama and get healthy enough to make an impact on that side of the ball. Waddey + Vinsang + Bartholomew >>>>>>>> Jordan + Tate + Graham

BA has lots of silver balls.

I'd love to see MBA take on Maryville (check out their WEAK schedule)

BTW to that FRHS hater, the Byrnes game was AT Vandy (not at home) and they were disgustingly talented and MBA was not. Prince Miller starts at corner for the #4 team in the BCS poll (UGA), Korn was a phenom, their backup QB had a schollie offer from MTSU, and one of their receivers that owned MBA later signed a schollie with Vandy and is being productive at Presbyterian right now

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when yal played Byrnes and got slaughtered at home? Sure, Ryan might not be up to that kind of caliber, but why would MBA play a top 10 national team. I expect the same thing to happen in this Herbstreit classic; you'll travel to Ohio, get salughtered (again) and all your players will get hurt. It's ok to say no to save some embarassment.

thats easy to say when you get left out...again

What happend with Chris Jordan? He seems to disappear in big games. With the body he has as a High School Player he should be dominating, especially in DII.

I don't see how C. Jordan disappeared during this game. He had 5.6 yards a carry and was the only offense that BA had. It's a little tough to pull the entire load on your own. Our QB hit 1 pass untlil the last meaninless drive. What other games did he disappear in??

Remember when yal played Byrnes and got slaughtered at home? Sure, Ryan might not be up to that kind of caliber, but why would MBA play a top 10 national team. I expect the same thing to happen in this Herbstreit classic; you'll travel to Ohio, get salughtered (again) and all your players will get hurt. It's ok to say no to save some embarassment.

Boy you keep serving up softballs. If you are going to be the best you have to compete with the best. If you lose or are even embarassed trying there is no shame in that. It beats staying in Nashville and playing only the weak sisters of the poor outside of the league games.

MBA played 6 unbeaten teams this season, 3 of them (Ensworth, BA, FR) late in the season. No one really knew what type of game to expect because of the calibre of competition those 3 played. FR beat Ensworth without their best player, and we played them with him. How does that compare. Well, we found out on the field.

MBA played Loiusville Trinity for 4 straight years home and away. The first year when Brian Brohm was a senior. Everyone around Nashville said we were crazy to play those guys, they would kill us. They came into the first game rated #3 in the USA Today poll, KY state champion in the big school division, and what happened. We beat them. It was a outstanding game. We were able to win 3 close games in the series, and they blew us out on our first trip to Louisville (2004). The Big Red recovered from that and won 7 or 8 straight games before losing to MUS in Memphis, and then again to MUS in the playoffs. The Trinity series was great in all respects. Great competition, great high school atmosphere at both places, and great fans at both schools. Unfortunately due to scheduling differences between Tennessee and Kentucky, this game can't be fit into either teams schedule. I wish it could.

I think I would rather lose stepping up and playing Cinn Moeller, or St. X, then beat Red Boiling Springs 56-0. I guess that is a foreign thought to you.

nah thats not where hadouken failed. he's just another ryan kid who thinks the world revolves around their school. hadouken, statebound, and others thrive on putting down other schools (ba and mba most notably) to cover up reality. father ryan people need to learn to EARN respect and not demand it or brag. sure their team was good this year but they were so cocky they earned no respect from anyone. do us all a favor and stop interfering with THE rivalry. there hasnt been a rivalry in fball between ryan and ba or ryan and mba for the longest time so shut up. and dont chalk me up as an ignorant outsider, my brother went to ryan and i am a catholic so i know plenty of ryan people. its just so...hypocritical.

Well that says all that needs to be said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on a great season BA. Gotta say though, beating the Eagles and Irish twice in one season is about as GOOD AS IT GETS!!!! Coach McGugin, congrats...you proved ALL the doubters wrong. Coach Redmond, Coach Brown, and Coach E had their guys fired up, to say the least.

BTW, glad someone else noticed that #4 for BA was a total punk, taunting almost everything in his line of vision. BA had NO offense. Jordan is not the same caliber running back that Townsend/Holbert were. Hopefully the kid will end up at LB at Bama and get healthy enough to make an impact on that side of the ball. Waddey + Vinsang + Bartholomew >>>>>>>> Jordan + Tate + Graham

BA has lots of silver balls.

I'd love to see MBA take on Maryville (check out their WEAK schedule)

BTW to that FRHS hater, the Byrnes game was AT Vandy (not at home) and they were disgustingly talented and MBA was not. Prince Miller starts at corner for the #4 team in the BCS poll (UGA), Korn was a phenom, their backup QB had a schollie offer from MTSU, and one of their receivers that owned MBA later signed a schollie with Vandy and is being productive at Presbyterian right now

I don't know about "as good as it gets". That is a matter of perspective. For MBA I guess it probably is. Going 15-0 in back to back seasons in 5A with all schools combined is "as good as it gets" from the BA perspective.

BA has lots of gold balls as well. You have to be present to win. I am sure that I do not have to tell you that. You were probably an MBA fan last year, as well.

Jordan is a very talented running back. Townsend and Holbert did not go up against the exceptional defense that you guys had this year. It is extremely tough to face a very good defense that is playing extremely well. That is what happened on Saturday. So, I can understand your opinion. Jordan and BA were overwhelmed by a superior team. Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.

Playing good competition and losing isn't embarassing. Playing home football games at Greer Stadium? Now that's embarassing.

What happend with Chris Jordan? He seems to disappear in big games. With the body he has as a High School Player he should be dominating, especially in DII.

In defense of Chris, whenever he was in the game, MBA played no one further back than 10 yards. As we could not complete hardly a pass, they knew when he was in that we were going to him 75% of the time. We showed no ability to mix it up. All they had to do was key on him. I do, however, feel (Monday morning armchair QB) that he should have been played more at slot or even WR to get some short passes to him.....kind of like UT does with Foster. You have to get the ball into the hands of your best players. I also have no idea why he was not made (you do what is best for the team to win) to play somewhere on defense the whole year. You have to have your best athletes on the field. He played LB in GA as a soph., and played defense last year at BA under Flatt. This is not to take away from any players on our defense, but CJ is a sight to see in a uniform. Colleges do have their eye on him on defense as an LB...this is well pubilcized. I cannot ever remember an athlete with CJ's athletic ability not playing both ways at BA. Big time players make big time plays. I believe he could have helped. Yes, we had some really good players, but he could have factored in somewhere.

It was #72. Hopefully it will show up on film and they can send it to the TSSAA, so they can do nothing about it. Albert haynesworth was suspended for what (?) 5 games for stomping on an another player.

I hate to say it, but from what I know about Bullard, that is about the furthest thing from his demeanor possible. He has a reputation as a very spiritual young man who loves that side of the triangle more than any. Until someone can show this actually happened on film to the board, I call it hearsay..... He might have stepped on the MBA player as the buzzer went off during a play, but that is football.

I don't know about "as good as it gets". That is a matter of perspective. For MBA I guess it probably is. Going 15-0 in back to back seasons in 5A with all schools combined is "as good as it gets" from the BA perspective.

BA has lots of gold balls as well. You have to be present to win. I am sure that I do not have to tell you that. You were probably an MBA fan last year, as well.

Jordan is a very talented running back. Townsend and Holbert did not go up against the exceptional defense that you guys had this year. It is extremely tough to face a very good defense that is playing extremely well. That is what happened on Saturday. So, I can understand your opinion. Jordan and BA were overwhelmed by a superior team. Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.

Yes....15-0 in 5A for two striaght years AND two Gold Balls with all schools playing each other instead of this ridiculous split IS as good as it gets. I don't think MBA ever accomplished that feat.....please correct me if I am wrong.

As far as David Holbert, Ryan White and Tremaiyne Townsend (or Darren Mustin) not playing against as good of a defense over their careers is debatable. MBA had a wonderful defense this year, but these guys played on a different intensity/toughness level than Chris....Coach Potter even referenced this in The Tennessean at the beginning of the season saying he has all the physical tools, but you never know what to expect, and the verdict was out (Tennessean Aug 2007). These guys also played/survived 4 years under Coach Flatt, so I know they were tough. That is not anything against Coach Potter, as he is a great coach, and I like him being a part of the BA program....there is no better coach than him that should be in this position, but anyone associated with the program, knows Coach Flatt's intensity. It is off the charts, although he did mellow in his latter years. I watched last years state championship (2006) last nite, and will say that was a better BA team. That does not take away anything from this years team, as the competition is stiff at BA. Last year, BA also had a college QB, and two great HS recievers that graduated in John Garrett and Bill Kotas. This years team was very young, and we were by far one dimensional 75% of the game with handoffs to CJ with no one at FB until the last two games.

God given athletic tools.....Chris in his position is a 10......I rank him by far the highest out of the other three mentioned, and probably one of the top 10 to ever come out of BA in the 30+ years I have followed them....again, in God given ability. Regarding intensity level and play at all cost for the team, I rank him lower than the other three. Again, ranking him among the other three mentioned above is not in a bad group by far! Chris is a great HS talent for the limited time he has been on the field, but the next 4-5 years will be the tale of the tape. Colleges or the pros for that matter do not let you sit out with marginal injuries for weeks/months at a time....read last weeks article in The Tennessean about all the Tennessee players playing with injuries/pain.... TN Plays with Injuries

Body wise, Chris COULD be a Sunday player......time will tell.....