Peabody @ Milan

theplayer

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milans defense didn't have it tonight, Harper and Johnson did. Missed too many tackles had the one TO taken back for a score and tons of penalties to Trentons none. Great job to the seniors. 2 semi and 2 quarter appearances in 4 years. Harper and Johnson both played great tonight. As for the Peabody fans....Yelling "get over it" while a player is down...thats good....I like ya'll playing "who let the Dawgs out" after the game.

Milan returns a ton of talent next year. 2008 stars monday.

MILAN-7PENALTIES, PEABODY- 3......NOT REALLY A FACTOR HERE IT WASNT "WHO LET THE DAWGS OUT", IT WAS "WHO PUT THE DAWGS OUT" THANKS THOUGH

I hope Trenton the best against Goodpasture and the rest of the way.While it was a great game, Trenton fans (not going to classify all because I know there are a few bad apples in every group) were the most classless bunch I've ever seen. First of all, there were three Trenton teenage girls sitting in front of us ON MILAN'S SIDE, and they were screaming at us and mocking anything Milan did. Also, Jobronksi Gilbert got hurt, and a lot of people on Trenton's side were saying "GET OVER IT." I heard this on the Milan side, so I know some Peabody fans had to hear it.I really hope these classless individuals don't represent the majority of Trenton's fans because that was the most unenjoyable enjoyable game I've ever seen due to some classless people.Like I said, good job Trenton on the great win. Refs made a lot of horrible calls, BUT THAT WAS NOT THE REASON MILAN LOST! There's no excuse for our secondary play especially that of a certain senior.

AND WE'ARE CLASSLESS..... BLAME YOUR LOSS ON THAT ONE SENIOR...... ARROGANCE AT ITS BEST

Peabody deserved to win. There were some penalties but really Milan scored plenty and I don't think the penalties were much of a factor. The problem Milan had was defense and Trenton beat us fair and square. I saw very little penetration all night by the Bulldogs and the last drive by Peabody and the big plays were well played by Trenton and poorly played by Milan. As I heard Coach Morris say in the interview after the game "Giving up 6 touchdowns is not championship caliber". Trenton earned those scores by superior play and I hope you go all the way to the championship game. As for Milan, as other posters have noted, our quarterback is back and we have one of the strongest group of sophomores around so the future is bright. I think the best team won tonight and I never would have thought I would say that.

AMEN

Congratulations Peabody. Milan got outplayed. That’s why we lost. It wasn't coaching, reffing, or anything else. As bad as it hurts, we were playing catch up all night. We did catch up and then we let it slip away. It suks but that’s the game we love. The Peabody players were great and seemed to play with very good sportsmanship. No doubt that Harper should win Mr. Football I wish that carried over into some of their fans. (not all of course) Trenton's team has improved in leaps and bounds this year. I wish you the best for the next two weeks. Next year Milan returns several tons of talent. Trenton looses several tons. I hope Trenton can continue to improve and this can be a rivalry to be proud of, but next year don't look good for the tide when they line up against basically the same team the faced tonight, plus a year of preparation.

lamastooth, you're a real class act. I'm pretty sure if (and I pray that it doesn’t happen) Harper goes down with a knee injury next week, while he is being attended to by the trainer, if a goodpasture fan stands up and yells "Oh, Get over it!" THRICE while the crowd is otherwise quiet, you will understand where we are coming from. It has been no secret here on coacht that you are a tactless and classless individual; but to yell that while a high school player, a sophomore with all the potential in the world, is lying on the ground with a potential knee injury is a breed of sorry that I can’t fathom. You have obviously never seen or experienced the pain endured by a player with a Knee injury. You should never be allowed to watch another football game. What if it was YOUR son lying on the ground? Gilbert’s parents were there tonight. Not knowing if their son would walk off the field or be carried. You are worthless. Not only Trenton, Not only Gibson County, Not only Region 8, but all of West Tennessee would be better off without you. Please do us all a favor and quit posting on coacht and move up north somewhere. Worthless

That was one person who yelled so get over it He is ok and we from Peabody are glad so lets quit crying about it

Best I can figure, since 1989 when Haney and Scott took the program as Head and Def. Coor., PHS has won around 115-120 games and lost around 90.

14 or 15 playoff appearances in the last 17 years and 1 Clinic Bowl appearance.

Before that era, PHS had 0 playoff appearances and were below or at .500 going back 35 years.

Not Milan, granted, but I've said before and will say once again, when those guys have something they maximize.

And, Goodpasture, having run the gauntlet of Trenton, Westview, and Huntingdon in 1996, and Milan last year, are well aware of the physicality of the ball down here and know they must be ready.

This is a much better place than it used to be, IMO.

That was one person who yelled so get over it He is ok and we from Peabody are glad so lets quit crying about it

Who's crying? I stated that Trenton out played us and we got beat. I said that some not all of the fans were classless and that is a fact. Do you disagree? Yelling at a player who is hurt is indefensable. Again I say, good luck to Trenton for the next 2 weeks.

Who's crying? I stated that Trenton out played us and we got beat. I said that some not all of the fans were classless and that is a fact. Do you disagree? Yelling at a player who is hurt is indefensable. Again I say, good luck to Trenton for the next 2 weeks.

I have been to games at many different places, and at just about every school there are classless fans. One of the worst places I experienced was at Milan years ago. Have not been back to a game there since. Actually came to cheer for Milan in playoffs but rudeness of people in area I was sitting changed that. Overall though most schools, coaches and players in West Tn are good people with a few fans that are classless. But bottom line most fans when playoff come around root for west Tn teams when their team is put out.

I can guarantee you are not going to find the sportsmanship of each town on CoachT. If your looking for it on here, then your looking in the wrong places.

I have a dog in this fight, but I didn't play in it. I got my ring, and the last time I played Peabody we put 50 on them watching Rod Smith toss defensive backs down like fleas.

Good season Milan. Yet again, the games seem to be hard to close out.

I heard Harper claimed he was going to put 250 yards on Milan at a pep rally. Guess he fell about 100 short. Nice late hit out of bounds lick on Coleman too.

The rule needs to be changed on pass interference to the spot of the foul. I mean really with 10 seconds left and someone throws a deep fade I would drag him down too!!!..Heck, its only a fifteen yard penalty about 50 yards back! AND IT TOOK TIME OFF THE CLOCK!.....Ridiculous.

Go Goodpasture.

I can guarantee you are not going to find the sportsmanship of each town on CoachT. If your looking for it on here, then your looking in the wrong places.

I have a dog in this fight, but I didn't play in it. I got my ring, and the last time I played Peabody we put 50 on them watching Rod Smith toss defensive backs down like fleas.

I heard Harper claimed he was going to put 250 yards on Milan at a pep rally. Guess he fell about 100 short. Nice late hit out of bounds lick on Coleman too.

The rule needs to be changed on pass interference to the spot of the foul. I mean really with 10 seconds left and someone throws a deep fade I would drag him down too!!!..Heck, its only a fifteen yard penalty about 50 yards back! AND IT TOOK TIME OFF THE CLOCK!.....Ridiculous.

Go Goodpasture.

Some serious "HATIN" goin' on here ! The rules are the same for everybody ! I can't see not pulling for a team from your own county just because the "DAWGS" have been eliminated by them ! Our rivalry with Dyersburg is about as heavy as they come BUT ........... if we (D.C.) ain't playin I would not be pullin' for a Middle Tenessee team (vs Dyersburg) just because of a rivalry. Your post sounds like "sour grapes" to me ! If Harper said he was gonna put 250 on MIlan ...... OH WELL ! Lots of things are said in "Pep Rallies" & most especially when it involves a "Rivalry". He might not have gotten the "250" but the T-E-A-M did enough to advance and ..... Harper did his damage as well ! Get over it there's always next year ! Glad you got your ring, but what happened in the past is the past just like last night !

Go Goodpasture.

There is lots of good sportsmanship in here but after reading your comments I don't think that is exactly what you are looking for.

Let me preface what I am about to say by first stating that I know that most Peabody fans are just like most Milan fans. They love their kids, their community, and their teams and support them in a positive manner - win or lose. This is not for you. This is for a pathetic few. Every year the Milan Booster club works hard to make and put out yard signs for the playoff games. At last count these signs stretch for over a mile and are placed so that he opposing team will see them when they enter Milan. Last year, after Milan defeated Peabody in the playoffs, some Peabody fans were caught trying to vandalize some of these signs on their way out of town. This year, after Peabody's victory, well over a dozen of these signs were stolen and dozens of others were damaged or destroyed. Contrast this with the fact that the Peabody signs placed on the Milan-Trenton Hwy were still there this afternoon and the signs the Peabody fans planted at Johnnie Hale stadium were still there this morning when the clean up crew came to clean up the stadium. Vandalism and theft does not speak well of your team, your school system, or your community. If you can't lose with dignity, then could you at least win with a little class? We have been doing the sign thing for years and, so far, Peabody fans are the only one's to conduct themselves in this manner. What an embarrassment you are to Gibson County and all of the proud programs that reside in this area. Instead of promoting your team in a positive way, you have placed a black eye on an otherwise great win. How can the rest of West TN support you further in the playoffs when you conduct yourself in this manner? Rest assured that future Milan teams will be reminded of your actions. If you really want to help support your team, then at least restrain your more criminal urges and act like you've been there before. IO know you thought your actions were cute, but all you've managed to do is to make Peabody folks look like a bunch of thugs and losers. I used to pull for Peabody anytime they weren't playing Milan. I don't believe I will be doing that again for a while. Go Goodpasture.