Peabody @ Milan

theplayer

I can guarantee you are not going to find the sportsmanship of each town on CoachT. If your looking for it on here, then your looking in the wrong places.

I have a dog in this fight, but I didn't play in it. I got my ring, and the last time I played Peabody we put 50 on them watching Rod Smith toss defensive backs down like fleas.

Good season Milan. Yet again, the games seem to be hard to close out.

I heard Harper claimed he was going to put 250 yards on Milan at a pep rally. Guess he fell about 100 short. Nice late hit out of bounds lick on Coleman too.

The rule needs to be changed on pass interference to the spot of the foul. I mean really with 10 seconds left and someone throws a deep fade I would drag him down too!!!..Heck, its only a fifteen yard penalty about 50 yards back! AND IT TOOK TIME OFF THE CLOCK!.....Ridiculous.

Go Goodpasture.

Made some calls. Trenton did not have a pep rally this week.

No school either-3 days of intersession for kids that needed the work and then Thanksgiving and Friday off like everyone else.

Also, no town rally.

Pass interference call was shaky at best.

Look, it was a good game and Milan lost.

Cheer for who you want but the players determined the outcome, no one else.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me preface what I am about to say by first stating that I know that most Peabody fans are just like most Milan fans. They love their kids, their community, and their teams and support them in a positive manner - win or lose. This is not for you. This is for a pathetic few. Every year the Milan Booster club works hard to make and put out yard signs for the playoff games. At last count these signs stretch for over a mile and are placed so that he opposing team will see them when they enter Milan. Last year, after Milan defeated Peabody in the playoffs, some Peabody fans were caught trying to vandalize some of these signs on their way out of town. This year, after Peabody's victory, well over a dozen of these signs were stolen and dozens of others were damaged or destroyed. Contrast this with the fact that the Peabody signs placed on the Milan-Trenton Hwy were still there this afternoon and the signs the Peabody fans planted at Johnnie Hale stadium were still there this morning when the clean up crew came to clean up the stadium. Vandalism and theft does not speak well of your team, your school system, or your community. If you can't lose with dignity, then could you at least win with a little class? We have been doing the sign thing for years and, so far, Peabody fans are the only one's to conduct themselves in this manner. What an embarrassment you are to Gibson County and all of the proud programs that reside in this area. Instead of promoting your team in a positive way, you have placed a black eye on an otherwise great win. How can the rest of West TN support you further in the playoffs when you conduct yourself in this manner? Rest assured that future Milan teams will be reminded of your actions. If you really want to help support your team, then at least restrain your more criminal urges and act like you've been there before. IO know you thought your actions were cute, but all you've managed to do is to make Peabody folks look like a bunch of thugs and losers. I used to pull for Peabody anytime they weren't playing Milan. I don't believe I will be doing that again for a while. Go Goodpasture.

Another, "congratulations, but...".

Can't anyone just say, 'congrats', and leave it at that.

You take the actions of a few and project it onto the whole community to the point of pettiness and in so doing make your community look like crybabies if we were to project your words onto all of Milan.

It's just weak.

this was a great game! not from either town...i practically hate both towns...but this was a great game! but quit your bickering milan...you lost...get over it...how about you do what every other team is doing right now and start getting ready for next year. im sorry that your posterboard signs were ruined...i DOUBT yall were going to keep up with them and use them next year...i also remember last year that some milan fans spray painted on humboldt's concession stand..that's more vandalism than tearing up some $1 signs...The pass interference call wasn't as bad as yall are making it out to be...i was standing at the fence at that endzone and kendal gave him a little shove forward which got trevino closer to the ball...the ball went right through his arms...if his arms would've been closed then he would've caught the ball...but im going to be at the goodpasture and peabody game next friday...good luck peabody!

I want to see the Milan coaches and players approach next year like they have something to prove. Milan will have a handfull of awesome seniors and a loaded up junior and sophomore class. Having said that, don't get caught up in the preseason hype. Take all that talent and take care of some unfinished business. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Good luck Trenton. I like the energy you show and I know the players feed off of Coach Scott's intensity.

this was a great game! not from either town...i practically hate both towns...but this was a great game! but quit your bickering milan...you lost...get over it...how about you do what every other team is doing right now and start getting ready for next year. im sorry that your posterboard signs were ruined...i DOUBT yall were going to keep up with them and use them next year...i also remember last year that some milan fans spray painted on humboldt's concession stand..that's more vandalism than tearing up some $1 signs...The pass interference call wasn't as bad as yall are making it out to be...i was standing at the fence at that endzone and kendal gave him a little shove forward which got trevino closer to the ball...the ball went right through his arms...if his arms would've been closed then he would've caught the ball...but im going to be at the goodpasture and peabody game next friday...good luck peabody!

Quit bickering? We're congratulating Peabody. 99 percent of Milan fans want Trenton to win next week because they're in West TN. This was one of the most amazing games I've ever seen, and I think I'm about to have a heart attack after watching another great one today (UT-UK). Also, it was already proven Milan didn't do that. Someone from Humboldt did that to pin it on Milan.

this is for the few milan fans who are supporting goodpasture. i'm a milan fan tried and true but i'm gonna stay behind my region, my area and my county team. the important word being team. i'm not supporting a few spinelss THUGBUGS, i'm supporting a team who deserves to be where they are. it's just like the SEC. i hate florida, alabama and lsu. but you can bet you're bottom dollar that i pull for them when they play anybody out of the SEC, because the SEC is my conference, area, region and my home. just like region 8 represents my area, my county and my home. so come on guys, ya'll don't have to pull for the fans, but pull for you're region, you're area, you're county, you're home and the team. the team are the ones who really deserve our support whether we like their fans or not.

ROLL TIDE!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let me preface what I am about to say by first stating that I know that most Peabody fans are just like most Milan fans. They love their kids, their community, and their teams and support them in a positive manner - win or lose. This is not for you. This is for a pathetic few. Every year the Milan Booster club works hard to make and put out yard signs for the playoff games. At last count these signs stretch for over a mile and are placed so that he opposing team will see them when they enter Milan. Last year, after Milan defeated Peabody in the playoffs, some Peabody fans were caught trying to vandalize some of these signs on their way out of town. This year, after Peabody's victory, well over a dozen of these signs were stolen and dozens of others were damaged or destroyed. Contrast this with the fact that the Peabody signs placed on the Milan-Trenton Hwy were still there this afternoon and the signs the Peabody fans planted at Johnnie Hale stadium were still there this morning when the clean up crew came to clean up the stadium. Vandalism and theft does not speak well of your team, your school system, or your community. If you can't lose with dignity, then could you at least win with a little class? We have been doing the sign thing for years and, so far, Peabody fans are the only one's to conduct themselves in this manner. What an embarrassment you are to Gibson County and all of the proud programs that reside in this area. Instead of promoting your team in a positive way, you have placed a black eye on an otherwise great win. How can the rest of West TN support you further in the playoffs when you conduct yourself in this manner? Rest assured that future Milan teams will be reminded of your actions. If you really want to help support your team, then at least restrain your more criminal urges and act like you've been there before. IO know you thought your actions were cute, but all you've managed to do is to make Peabody folks look like a bunch of thugs and losers. I used to pull for Peabody anytime they weren't playing Milan. I don't believe I will be doing that again for a while. Go Goodpasture.

Wow.

You must have lost some sleep over this.

Good grief - act like you are from Milan and quit wearing your feelings on your sleeve.

During the four years I spent in black and gold when we were annihilated by Milan (usually something like 49-6), I always respected the businesslike attitude, pride, and confidence possessed by the team and town.

Get tough and act like you have won the majority of games over the last 20 years. You sound like someone from Gibson County.

Lastly, I am positive that who you root for next week matters to much less than a hill of beans to anyone other than yourself.

Wow.

You must have lost some sleep over this.

Good grief - act like you are from Milan and quit wearing your feelings on your sleeve.

During the four years I spent in black and gold when we were annihilated by Milan (usually something like 49-6), I always respected the businesslike attitude, pride, and confidence possessed by the team and town.

Get tough and act like you have won the majority of games over the last 20 years. You sound like someone from Gibson County.

Lastly, I am positive that who you root for next week matters to much less than a hill of beans to anyone other than yourself.

voodoo, it's been a second since I've seen you post!!! Good Luck to your Tide boys Friday against Goodpasture...I'm debating if I'm off work Friday I may make the drive to Nasvhille but if I'm working I'll most likely be in McKenzie...EITHER WAY Good Luck and I hope to see you guys in the 'Boro as I've already made my reservations!!!!

WOW !!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> This is worse than Dyer County & Dyersburg ! Sounds like the "Hatfields & McCoys" ! Rivalry is one thing , but this takes it to another level ! I'm watchin the "Iron Bowl" & Bama & Auburn supporters can't hold a candle to this !

And to think, some Milan fans said this wasn't a rivalry. I guess it is now!

I can guarantee you are not going to find the sportsmanship of each town on CoachT. If your looking for it on here, then your looking in the wrong places.

I have a dog in this fight, but I didn't play in it. I got my ring, and the last time I played Peabody we put 50 on them watching Rod Smith toss defensive backs down like fleas.

Good season Milan. Yet again, the games seem to be hard to close out.

I heard Harper claimed he was going to put 250 yards on Milan at a pep rally. Guess he fell about 100 short. Nice late hit out of bounds lick on Coleman too.

The rule needs to be changed on pass interference to the spot of the foul. I mean really with 10 seconds left and someone throws a deep fade I would drag him down too!!!..Heck, its only a fifteen yard penalty about 50 yards back! AND IT TOOK TIME OFF THE CLOCK!.....Ridiculous.

Go Goodpasture.

Knew it would come......... would you like some cheese with that whine!!! /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Guess you can listen to the game at the Milan basketball game then..... Enjoy it!!